Bomb In Leicester???

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

On Sky news that leicester city centre has been evacuated and a controlled explosion carried out - also stating a man has been arrested

On Sky news that leicester city centre has been evacuated and a controlled explosion carried out - also stating a man has been arrested - no doubt asian:rolleyes:

:troll:

Rawrrrrrrr
Wow, you're a racist now then?

No a realist

Whether you like it or not, the vast majority of threats to the UK of this sort in recent years have been perpetrated by those of a certain religion/race

chester copperpot
:troll:

TBF, If the Al Qaeda were going to bomb somewhere, the last place it would be would be Leicester.

After Bradford and Oldham.

Denny Crane
Wow, you're a racist now then?

He was known to dip into the Alf Garnett character on occasion prior to his exile from JKB last year.

chester copperpot
He was known to dip into the Alf Garnett character on occasion prior to his exile from JKB last year.

Nowt wrong with that is there? :rolleyes:

maroonlegions
No a realist

Whether you like it or not, the vast majority of threats to the UK of this sort in recent years have been perpetrated by those of a certain religion/race

:rolleyes:

or even carried out by those who pretend to be terrorists but are in fact working for the global agenda of a big brother state.:cool:

This war on terrorism is bogus

The 9/11 attacks gave the US an ideal pretext to use force to secure its global domination

* Michael Meacher

* The Guardian,

* Saturday September 6 2003

* Article history

Massive attention has now been given - and rightly so - to the reasons why Britain went to war against Iraq. But far too little attention has focused on why the US went to war, and that throws light on British motives too. The conventional explanation is that after the Twin Towers were hit, retaliation against al-Qaida bases in Afghanistan was a natural first step in launching a global war against terrorism. Then, because Saddam Hussein was alleged by the US and UK governments to retain weapons of mass destruction, the war could be extended to Iraq as well. However this theory does not fit all the facts. The truth may be a great deal murkier.

We now know that a blueprint for the creation of a global Pax Americana was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice-president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), Jeb Bush (George Bush's younger brother) and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences, was written in September 2000 by the neoconservative think tank, Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says "while the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."

The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document attributed to Wolfowitz and Libby which said the US must "discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role". It refers to key allies such as the UK as "the most effective and efficient means of exercising American global leadership". It describes peacekeeping missions as "demanding American political leadership rather than that of the UN". It says "even should Saddam pass from the scene", US bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will remain permanently... as "Iran may well prove as large a threat to US interests as Iraq has". It spotlights China for "regime change", saying "it is time to increase the presence of American forces in SE Asia".

The document also calls for the creation of "US space forces" to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent "enemies" using the internet against the US. It also hints that the US may consider developing biological weapons "that can target specific genotypes [and] may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool".

Finally - written a year before 9/11 - it pinpoints North Korea, Syria and Iran as dangerous regimes, and says their existence justifies the creation of a "worldwide command and control system". This is a blueprint for US world domination. But before it is dismissed as an agenda for rightwing fantasists, it is clear it provides a much better explanation of what actually happened before, during and after 9/11 than the global war on terrorism thesis. This can be seen in several ways.

First, it is clear the US authorities did little or nothing to pre-empt the events of 9/11. It is known that at least 11 countries provided advance warning to the US of the 9/11 attacks. ;)

Nothing on Sky News now??

Usually Sky News would milk a story like this for all its worth for a good few hours.??

chester copperpot
:rolleyes:

or even carried out by those who pretend to be terrorists but are in fact working for the global agenda of a big brother state.:cool:

This war on terrorism is bogus

The 9/11 attacks gave the US an ideal pretext to use force to secure its global domination

* Michael Meacher

* The Guardian,

* Saturday September 6 2003

* Article history

Massive attention has now been given - and rightly so - to the reasons why Britain went to war against Iraq. But far too little attention has focused on why the US went to war, and that throws light on British motives too. The conventional explanation is that after the Twin Towers were hit, retaliation against al-Qaida bases in Afghanistan was a natural first step in launching a global war against terrorism. Then, because Saddam Hussein was alleged by the US and UK governments to retain weapons of mass destruction, the war could be extended to Iraq as well. However this theory does not fit all the facts. The truth may be a great deal murkier.

We now know that a blueprint for the creation of a global Pax Americana was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice-president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), Jeb Bush (George Bush's younger brother) and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences, was written in September 2000 by the neoconservative think tank, Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says "while the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."

The PNAC blueprint supports an earlier document attributed to Wolfowitz and Libby which said the US must "discourage advanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or even aspiring to a larger regional or global role". It refers to key allies such as the UK as "the most effective and efficient means of exercising American global leadership". It describes peacekeeping missions as "demanding American political leadership rather than that of the UN". It says "even should Saddam pass from the scene", US bases in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will remain permanently... as "Iran may well prove as large a threat to US interests as Iraq has". It spotlights China for "regime change", saying "it is time to increase the presence of American forces in SE Asia".

The document also calls for the creation of "US space forces" to dominate space, and the total control of cyberspace to prevent "enemies" using the internet against the US. It also hints that the US may consider developing biological weapons "that can target specific genotypes [and] may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool".

Finally - written a year before 9/11 - it pinpoints North Korea, Syria and Iran as dangerous regimes, and says their existence justifies the creation of a "worldwide command and control system". This is a blueprint for US world domination. But before it is dismissed as an agenda for rightwing fantasists, it is clear it provides a much better explanation of what actually happened before, during and after 9/11 than the global war on terrorism thesis. This can be seen in several ways.

First, it is clear the US authorities did little or nothing to pre-empt the events of 9/11. It is known that at least 11 countries provided advance warning to the US of the 9/11 attacks. ;)

:cool_shades:

King of the North
No a realist

'Asian' is hardly a race though, is it - given that it covers everything from Siberians to Indians to Japanese to Arabs.

And who knows how many religions exist across the continent.

I would suggest it's much more likely the bloke lives in the UK.

Sheriff Fatman
No a realist

When I worked on the railway York station was evacuated and a control explosion was carried out. There were no members of a certain religion (race doesn't even come in to it) involved. It was guitar that a guy was building for his physics degree project, he had left it outside the toilets whilst he went in.

There was another case of an evacuation and controlled explosion carried out on a suspicious package that turned out to be a box of leaflets warning people to look out for suspicious packages.

The vast majority of suspicious packages, controlled explosions and evacuations turn out to be false alarms that have nothing to do with any race or religion and much to do with paranoia (but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be careful).

Jed The Jedi
'Asian' is hardly a race though, is it - given that it covers everything from Siberians to Indians to Japanese to Arabs.

And who knows how many religions exist across the continent.

I would suggest it's much more likely the bloke lives in the UK.

But what would the "bloke's" religion be, Hindu CofE, CofS, Catholic, Protestant, Sikh, Half Wit, Full Wit or the dont give a feck wit, hmmmm i would like to take a guess but better not.:rolleyes:

Say What Again
But what would the "bloke's" religion be, Hindu CofE, CofS, Catholic, Protestant, Sikh, Half Wit, Full Wit or the dont give a feck wit, hmmmm i would like to take a guess but better not.:rolleyes:

Good God I hope not - the OP might be arrested as No.1 suspect.

The People's Chimp
With their inscrutable orange faces.

They're just not like us, carrots.

King of the North
They're just not like us, carrots.

Carrot.preview.jpg

be afraid... you wouldn't want one of these orange barstewards after you. :P

I P Knightley
When I worked on the railway York station was evacuated and a control explosion was carried out. There were no members of a certain religion (race doesn't even come in to it) involved. It was guitar that a guy was building for his physics degree project, he had left it outside the toilets whilst he went in.

There was another case of an evacuation and controlled explosion carried out on a suspicious package that turned out to be a box of leaflets warning people to look out for suspicious packages.

2 great stories.

The bloke with the guitar must've been laying the bigeest cable ever. For the 'suspicious package' to be spotted, the station staff to be alerted, the police informed, the bomb squad to be called and the controlled explosion carried out must have taken must have taken at least 20-30 minutes?

All that time, this bloke's in the cludgie getting elbow tan and shouting at the Rangers supporters, concentrating on his own evacuation while the rest of the station was being evacuated.

Yes, I realise he probably left it on the way in & failed to pick it up on the way out but it's Friday and, on Friday, you make your own fun round these parts.

Boaby Ewing

Yes, I realise he probably left it on the way in & failed to pick it up on the way out but it's Friday and, on Friday, you make your own fun round these parts.

Cheers up sir, almost time for The Boss.

I shall be decamping to the pub shortly for an apertif/top-up.

Today is not a day for work.

Sheriff Fatman
2 great stories.

The bloke with the guitar must've been laying the bigeest cable ever. For the 'suspicious package' to be spotted, the station staff to be alerted, the police informed, the bomb squad to be called and the controlled explosion carried out must have taken must have taken at least 20-30 minutes?

All that time, this bloke's in the cludgie getting elbow tan and shouting at the Rangers supporters, concentrating on his own evacuation while the rest of the station was being evacuated.

If I remember correctly he had a serious case of arse gravey going on and was in the cludgie for quite some time.

I P Knightley
If I remember correctly he had a serious case of arse gravey going on and was in the cludgie for quite some time.

The things they say you couldn't make up I made up!

Was any of this captured on CCTV? (Not the pebble-dashing, just the guys face as he comes out from Montezuma's revenge hell-hole to find that some coppers have blown up his year's project).

Dave - I'm counting down. Pub beforehand would be grand except that I have my 8-year-old in tow. Have you picked a rendezvous for the night?

Boaby Ewing
The things they say you couldn't make up I made up!

Was any of this captured on CCTV? (Not the pebble-dashing, just the guys face as he comes out from Montezuma's revenge hell-hole to find that some coppers have blown up his year's project).

Dave - I'm counting down. Pub beforehand would be grand except that I have my 8-year-old in tow. Have you picked a rendezvous for the night?

Probably the usual haunt beside work between Old Street and Moorgate (beside the Artillery) for a few... not sure after that as I hardly know Highbury.

I'll PM you my mobile number if you do fancy popping along for a pre-gig pint.

Archived