What are HEARTS playing at

dellboy1971

Kevin Mchattie to Kilmarnock

Gary Oliver sold to QOS for minimum fee

And nobody brought in I think hearts are weaker now Ghana DNS of last season

Ever since they took control, Budge, Levein and Neilson have done nothing to inspire confidence in ordinary fans like me that they actually know what they're doing.

DISGRACE. MAD BUDGE OUT!!1 

Robbie's taking the piss. Lockie back in...knows a guid Scottish laddie when he sees one.

GHANA DNS

Haha big ball of rage this morning Dellboy.

I am highly confident we will be at an advanced stage with 1 or 2 out of contracts otherwise we wouldnt have released these players.

What Hearts have done is in fact very clever,we have cleared room  for manoeuvre whilst playing the waiting game.

If you look on transfermarkt there are some real high quality players unattached,players who in August were maybe out of

reach are suddenly looking for a club and within reach.

It would have been easy to do what Hibs do year after year and panic by bringing in utter dross.

I have to say its now 3 transfer windows into the new regime and we haven't made one meaningful sale yet.

One of the cornerstones of the future health of the club will be selling players for decent money.

I appreciate it all takes time to mature a player and to get the maximum value but I really expected us to cash in on someone this window.

Haha big ball of rage this morning Dellboy.

I am highly confident we will be at an advanced stage with 1 or 2 out of contracts otherwise we wouldnt have released these players.

This.

Different from the old regime when transfer activity was unpredictable and a bit random, I feel like we're much more proactive these days, and players coming and going seems to be very carefully planned.

McShittie??? WTF??? i thought it was McTattie?

I agree, excellent news about keeping our 4 young talents. Extend their contracts by 12 months!!!

I have to say its now 3 transfer windows into the new regime and we haven't made one meaningful sale yet.

One of the cornerstones of the future health of the club will be selling players for decent money.

I appreciate it all takes time to mature a player and to get the maximum value but I really expected us to cash in on someone this window.

Because all our valuable players are still with us thankfully, or would you rather we punted them in exchange for a couple of million quid? I'd rather have the players tbh.

I'd be suprised if we keep both Walker and Paterson beyond the Jan transfer window this season. Think we'll get good money for them too.

tartofmidlothian

I'm glad we didn't. Weve got half a dozen young players worth decent cash and they're all still ours. Seriously, would you rather we flogged our best players for the sake of it even if our bank balance is healthy?

To answer the OP, we're getting it absolutely spot on.

Releasing players with very little chance of playing. Some people rate them higher but squad is stronger with Juanma, Reilly, Rossi, Oshaniwa and Augustyn plus form of players like Sow. Need a major injury crisis for either to start, same as Robinson

Also

- wages, as said free up space for better players

- high performance culture for youngsters - you're out if you don't make...

- But we won't hold you back

- smaller, tighter squad

though both payers, like Carrick before and Anderson now would have been welcome to stay

Good they had people at other clubs who wanted them

tartofmidlothian

Because all our valuable players are still with us thankfully, or would you rather we punted them in exchange for a couple of million quid? I'd rather have the players tbh.

:spoton:

Ghana DNS GTF I say.

Said this on another thread but will repeat here.

It is fairly obvious that the club is currently being run on the basis of a fixed not particularly flexible annual amount of money for player costs - wages and fees.

In the past McHattie and Oliver would no doubt have been kept on just in case - and we'd have just added to the squad if we got the opportunity and increased our debt.

This isnt an option now due to the proper way we are being run. Rightly so, might be frustrating at times for fans, but we have no option.

There is the possibility of us signing one or two players who are out of contract or have been released by their clubs. We are optimistic but obviously there are no guarantees. However, in order to even get to the negotiating table and be able to afford to bring in new players we had to make room in the budget for them.

No doubt Robbie and Levein did think that McHattie and Oliver have prospects of making it in the game, but the players they are interested in are better and will improve the squad, and ultimately, when dealing with a fixed and modest budget the most important thing is that we have the best players we can get for the money we have.

Its a bit tough on McHattie and Oliver but we were fair with them and they both got clubs - decent enough clubs - straight away.

Unreal.

Folk moaning about not selling our best players even though we don't desperately need the money and folk moaning about us letting 2 players that weren't good enough for our first team go.

Our standards are much higher than they have been for years, no longer will be be going for SPL journeyman, your Hamill's, Suttons etc but instead we scout Europe for value for money and have already found some technically great players.

We have freed up some wages and will bring In a player or two in the coming weeks.....

I'm glad we didn't. Weve got half a dozen young players worth decent cash and they're all still ours. Seriously, would you rather we flogged our best players for the sake of it even if our bank balance is healthy?

To answer the OP, we're getting it absolutely spot on.

I don't want any of them to go unless the price is right and its at the highest it will get. I am just a bit surprised we haven't had a remotely tempting offer for any of them

Unreal.

Folk moaning about not selling our best players even though we don't desperately need the money and folk moaning about us letting 2 players that weren't good enough for our first team go.

Our standards are much higher than they have been for years, no longer will be be going for SPL journeyman, your Hamill's, Suttons etc but instead we scout Europe for value for money and have already found some technically great players.

We have freed up some wages and will bring In a player or two in the coming weeks.....

I wasn't moaning. I was observing. get over yourself

All most valuable assets retained.

Some players who are not up to standard we are trying to set moved on.

Free agent market open to us for strengthening.

The free agent market isn't just for players who are old, done and rubbish like it used to be. The Premier league is just one group of teams that are punting high quality young players all the time because they have signed someone worth 20 million for that position instead.

We lost on Saturday and we've released a couple of players.

In fairness to some of the care in the community lot on here, I'm just glad no one has been on suggesting a protest before the Aberdeen game.

I wasn't moaning. I was observing. get over yourself

Out of the 3 transfer windows you mention, there has only been a total of 1 month of top flight football. As the season progresses and the likes of Walker, Paterson etc get more headlines, the interest will come. No need to "cash in" yet as we can maximize their value at the club.

tartofmidlothian

I don't want any of them to go unless the price is right and its at the highest it will get. I am just a bit surprised we haven't had a remotely tempting offer for any of them

I'm glad we haven't. No question there'll be plenty of eyes on Paterson, Walker, King, Nicholson etc, and whatever it was for McGee was a good chunk of money by our standards. 300k, I think?

Dagger Is Back

Ever since they took control, Budge, Levein and Neilson have done nothing to inspire confidence in ordinary fans like me that they actually know what they're doing.

Stop trolling

Jamboscanbevicius

Pretty relaxed about this. We will have a plan and good to see us clearing out rather than taking 5 years to decide players are not up to it. Bit surprised by Oliver but not overly fussed.

When you look at the quality of unattached players, there's plenty of quality out there...

Ron Vlaar incredibly is unattached... Samaras.... Nolan.... Carlton Cole

Not saying we will be signing these guys. Wages would be too high. But there will be good players out of contract across Europe to look at, just as we did with Pallardo last season!

The fee for Oliver will cover a years wages for a player who can come in and actually get a game in the first team.

Regardless of what us fans think, the management knows best, and I've never felt so confident of that statement before compared to how I feel now with Neilson and Levein at the helm.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it allows us to bring in one or two players with just that little extra quality that will get us over the line in games like the Hamilton one then we will all be grateful. As the season progresses that could gain us a couple of places in the league and higher income that follows which we can carry on into next season. Shame for the players but good long term planning even if it looks like we are letting potential go at first glance.

Over react much?

If Oliver never left the chances are he would have left on loan anyway and Rossi has shown that he's more than capable of covering the LB position.

We'll see a player or two coming in this month I reckon.

Levein and Neilson clearly think that McHattie and Oliver are not going to be pushing for a first team place and have decided to free up 'dead money' and bring in a player or players that will.

That may or may not come back to bite us but I'll go with their judgement given they see them in action day in day out.

Compare that to Hibs who have numerous players with no prospect of a first team place, draining money from their club.

Mchattie and Oliver leaving has not weakened the squad. They were never going to be regular starts anyway.

Squad and regular starters are not the same thing!

Lets not sell ourselves short.

The Treasurer

We had an offer for McGhee, but you're right, it wasn't remotely tempting. So, thankfully we have a management in place that don't grab the first bit of cash waved in our direction.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Squad and regular starters are not the same thing!

Yes they were backup and that is what a squad is all about as the best fit players always start certainly in the league but you have players in reserve like those who have just left to step in. I'm sure better quality is about to arrive to enhance the options available and rotate the team a little more.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We had an offer for McGhee, but you're right, it wasn't remotely tempting. So, thankfully we have a management in place that don't grab the first bit of cash waved in our direction.

I'm glad the club sent out a message that we won't be messed with silly bids and any team wanting our players have to be serious before we will entertain any approaches.

Archived