Stewart's Contract

kjc2006

I remember reading when Micheal Stewart signed that it was a years contract with an option of another 2.

Does anyone know if he's had his contract extended or if he's getting released?

oh ah grantona

hopefully he was on verge of activatin this and that why he went missing from last part of season stewart gtf

Not good enough....simple.

I know, so much better with giving a new contract to Audrey. He is Hearts class.

Drylaw Hearts

His contract should not be extended at the moment.

If the New Manager arrives in the next couple of weeks and decides he wants him then so be it.

The same can be said for Screpis.

I wouldn't release him. His main problem is his attitude and lack of discipline, something which a manager would sort. Especially someone like Jefferies!

Pants Shaton
I wouldn't release him. His main problem is his attitude and lack of discipline, something which a manager would sort. Especially someone like Jefferies!

His main problem is thinking he has the ability of Paul Scholes when infact Neil Berry would be closer to the mark.

CornhillHearts

Dear oh dear k***backers with fanciful expectations, he is good enough for sure under correct manager he would be a good player for Hearts in my opinion.

Dear oh dear k***backers with fanciful expectations, he is good enough for sure under correct manager he would be a good player for Hearts in my opinion.

I agree and anyone who sits here and says Jonsson, Screpis, Bruno (who he) and Zal (often played in the middle) are any better are sadly deluded.

Mikey Stewart has more ability than the above mentioned and in my opinion there are dozens who should be shown the door before him, in fact every Lith in the team for that matter.

The Liths are the poison. Especially Vlad. Who with his wise way of running our club has surely put off every manager with any amount of respect in the game from joining us. Hope i'm wrong though.

His contract should not be extended at the moment.

If the New Manager arrives in the next couple of weeks and decides he wants him then so be it.

The same can be said for Screpis.

Not sure how his contract worked but was it not that he payed a certain amount of games it automatically triggered a new one?

Prety sure he will be here next season.

Drylaw Hearts

His best Season in Football was when he played under Mowbray at Hibs.

Prior to that and since then he hasn't really done it consistantly.

Too many have tried and failed with Stewart and I see no point in giving him yet another chance.

Not sure about Stewart. No doubt he has the talent and there should be a few more out the door before him but has he done enough to get a new deal ? If he does stay i would expect a lot more from him next season.

Drylaw Hearts
Not sure how his contract worked but was it not that he payed a certain amount of games it automatically triggered a new one?

Prety sure he will be here next season.

I think it was a 1 year deal with the option of a further 1 or 2 years.

Charlie-Brown

I reckon Stewart will be staying, the new manager will need to help him channel his energies more effectively though.

kissthebadge

One of our best players at the start of the season. Eager to impress. No surprise that this tailed-off as the season went on and, like most of the squad, became more frustrated.

Contracts should be left for the new guy. The more decisions made at the moment, the less it looks like we plan on getting a manager with his own ideas /control.

Agreed. Give him another year and tell him to get his finger out in all aspects of his game as it's now or never. Unless he wants to spend the rest of his days at the likes of Ross County, Stirling, Dundee etc then he'll listen, imo.

ordinary guy

Giving him another 2 years on the grounds he isn't the worst? Hmm aye that's how we've got so many underperforming players if you ask me..what sort of message does that send to the others around him.

Guest JamboRobbo
I reckon Stewart will be staying, the new manager will need to help him channel his energies more effectively though.

Agreed. Lost it after the first few months of the season. Really needs to channel his energy better.

One thing I've noticed though, each year he's played CM for Hearts/Hibs over the past 4/5 years, that teams results have been very inconsistent. Coincidence?

REALLY needs to buck up his ideas for next season if he wants to be anywhere near the team.

Charlie-Brown

Stewart has the potential and is getting towards the age & maturity where he could or should be able to emerge as one of the team leaders and more experienced players but he has to channell his drive & energy to positive use and not getting frustrated, trying to many hollywood passes, not lose the plot and end up chasing the ball, arguing with team-mates & fans, getting bookings & red-cards etc.

dimebag_01

still think he has the potential but i suppose if we are actually going to start a fresh challenge we need to be ruthless and keep the guys who are really gonna take us to the next level or we may just be any other team dreaming of third.

Rick Grimes

indeed. if the dressing room becomes a stable environment i reckon we'll see the best of him again.

haganajambo
I agree and anyone who sits here and says Jonsson, Screpis, Bruno (who he) and Zal (often played in the middle) are any better are sadly deluded.

Mikey Stewart has more ability than the above mentioned and in my opinion there are dozens who should be shown the door before him, in fact every Lith in the team for that matter.

The Liths are the poison. Especially Vlad. Who with his wise way of running our club has surely put off every manager with any amount of respect in the game from joining us. Hope i'm wrong though.

I wouldn't agree. Stewart's increasing tendency to blame everyone else around him while he dives about unable to control a ball or trying to play a pass of the season was getting a bit hard to take as the season went on. Palazuelos totally carried him whenever they played together. Although a strong manager, would sort Stewart out, it's not his ability that's in question.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say "the liths are the poison" if a player's not good enough it doesn't matter where they're from. There are other non-tryers (ELLIOT, ELLIOT, ELLIOT) who should be top of the list ahead of most of the Liths.

Average signing first time. Awful signing 2nd time. Disgraceful decision if his contract his renewed. Exactly the sort of mediocre player contributing nothing we should be releasing. We got 'well' shafted signing him instead of Stephen Hughes who had an excellent season.

always a jambo

He was a good player at the start of the last season but then faded into the background.

That is why we need a manager who is going to play the players in their proper positions and tell them what he wants them to do instead of them all running about like headless chickens.

Average signing first time. Awful signing 2nd time. Disgraceful decision if his contract his renewed. Exactly the sort of mediocre player contributing nothing we should be releasing. We got 'well' shafted signing him instead of Stephen Hughes who had an excellent season.

Stephen Hughes plus good manager = good season

Mikey Stewart plus feckwit manager = ................

You fill in the blanks.

I think that with proper coaching and a bit of reasoned head bashing he has the talent to come good.

Yes, you are wrong about everything in your post. I think Michael would do well under a decent manager, but to say he is better than Johnson and Bruno is rubbish, have you seen that much of Screpis you can judge him?? Zal himself hates playing in the middle anyway and know's he's terrible there.

To say the Lithuanian's are poison is utterly pathetic, if you knew anything you would know that Miko is one of the most well liked players in the dressing room. To also say no manager with any amount of respect would come to us is also rubbish, it's up to Vlad to get the right person for Hearts though and I just hope he does it.

Anyway, I think Mikey will be here next season and will hopefully do better under a good manager.

lost in leith

My favourite shout of last season came when he was having a mare and played yet another misplaced pass (think it was against Falkirk but a lot of games merge together in my mind) -

"Mikey, have you got Sideshow Bob's boots on today?" :cool:

FWIW I think the guy has ability and left himself down at times by becoming a headless chicken trying to compensate for the inadequacies of others, and in a few cases their lack of effort.

Quite a few people think that Stewart can still "fulfill his potential" but based on what we've seen from him in 2 spells at Hearts he is just not good enough. Time to move on.

turnkey1874

I certainly hope he stays and plays next year, under a decent manager he will do fine :)

MS did the same with Hibs as he did with Hearts last season. Played excellent until the new year then slowly got worse. His attitude stinks as it is always every else to blame when things go wrong. Don't why he suddenly changes - almost jeckyl and hyde.

lost in leith
MS did the same with Hibs as he did with Hearts last season. Played excellent until the new year then slowly got worse. His attitude stinks as it is always every else to blame when things go wrong. Don't why he suddenly changes - almost jeckyl and hyde.

Agreed. Got a freebie for Hibs v Huns in October 2006. He was outstanding, with Brown and Thomson in midfield they ran the Huns ragged and Barry the ned was outclassed. Interesting that he was the scapegoat for the fall out with Collins, my suspicion is that it was easy to blame the guy with Jambo roots when Jones the captain was involved.

If he can manage to smoke a big fat doobie before every game then he could be okay.

If he continues to be a mental headless chicken, then bye-bye.

Guest jackdaddy2008

Good sub to have, and essential for injury cover, but not a starter for me. We need a hard midfielder to play with Eggert and Kingston.

Archived