Scalla

Munch

Wonder if he is still waiting on the call ? this bloke seems keen does anybody know anything about this Chap?:)

MackaysCentreSpot

Nevio Scala (born November 22, 1947) is an Italian football coach and former player.

Scala was born in Lozzo Atestino (province of Padua, Veneto). As a player, he was a midfielder in Roma, Milan, Vicenza, Internazionale, Foggia and Monza.

As a coach, he brought Reggina to Serie B in 1988, and was later called to replace Arrigo Sacchi as manager of Parma. He held that position for six years, turning the team into a major one in the Italian Serie A and winning a Cup Winners' Cup in 1992, a UEFA Cup in 1995 and an European Super Cup in 1997.

Currently he is unemployed. Previously, he coached Spartak Moscow (2003, 2004), Borussia Dortmund (1997/1998, with which he won the Intercontinental Cup), Beşiktaş Istanbul, FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

He has been frequently linked with the manager role at Heart of Midlothian FC in the last two years. Rumoured to be gaining a good grasp of English before being appointed, possibly this summer.

Wonder if he is still waiting on the call ? this bloke seems keen does anybody know anything about this Chap?:)

If he is still waiting for the call, you've got to wonder why he hasn't got another job, he seems to have been waiting for our call for a couple of years now.

he wouldn't have experience of british football though

i wonder if alot of people would mind that if he got appointed?

Mild-Mannered James

Isn't he independently wealthy? I suspect he's not that interested in day-to-day football management otherwise he'd have got a job by now.

Nevio Scala (born November 22, 1947) is an Italian football coach and former player.

Scala was born in Lozzo Atestino (province of Padua, Veneto). As a player, he was a midfielder in Roma, Milan, Vicenza, Internazionale, Foggia and Monza.

As a coach, he brought Reggina to Serie B in 1988, and was later called to replace Arrigo Sacchi as manager of Parma. He held that position for six years, turning the team into a major one in the Italian Serie A and winning a Cup Winners' Cup in 1992, a UEFA Cup in 1995 and an European Super Cup in 1997.

Currently he is unemployed. Previously, he coached Spartak Moscow (2003, 2004), Borussia Dortmund (1997/1998, with which he won the Intercontinental Cup), Beşiktaş Istanbul, FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

He has been frequently linked with the manager role at Heart of Midlothian FC in the last two years. Rumoured to be gaining a good grasp of English before being appointed, possibly this summer.

On these stats, he has a good pedigree, better than McGee, and Levein, interesting, and available, i dont think i for one would be upset if this guy did get the call, the English national team is managed by an Itallian, go on Romanov give the guy a call.:)

vegas-voss
On these stats, he has a good pedigree, better than McGee, and Levein, interesting, and available, i dont think i for one would be upset if this guy did get the call, the English national team is managed by an Itallian, go on Romanov give the guy a call.:)

Better CV than anyone else in Scottish football.Still been out of the game awhile.

Better CV than anyone else in Scottish football.Still been out of the game awhile.

A better CV by a country mile, agreed though he has been out of the game for a while, id rate him as an outside bet, the dark horse in the race.

Other Runners.

Levein, JJ, Billy Davies, An unknown person from the Piramid,God this is giving me a sore head, what must Romanov be thinking.:confused:

Lombardia Jambo

Jobless for too many years. In my opinion, he is not as good as his pedigree looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the odds on this guy actually getting the phone call, he keeps saying he is now ready and just waiting on the phone call. You cant knock the guys record,With an Italian in charge of England now, Romanov just might be thinking this guy is the answer.:confused:

Jam Tarts 1874

It seems Scala has been trying to get back to work again:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar11k.html

Although another report from the same C4 website suggests that Scala "distanced" himself from the job at Parma. Maybe Romanov had him hanging on - not!

The last reference to Scala "waiting" for a call is more than 2 years old:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4880988.stm

It seems Scala has been trying to get back to work again:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar11k.html

Although another report from the same C4 website suggests that Scala "distanced" himself from the job at Parma. Maybe Romanov had him hanging on - not!

The last reference to Scala "waiting" for a call is more than 2 years old:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4880988.stm

Interesting link, he must be well respected in Italy.:107years:

Archived