no-smoking stadium announcement

wheatfield to sheffield

wheatfield to sheffield

"We would like to remind everyone that Tynecastle is a no-smoking stadium. We would also like to remind you that there are no cameras in the toilets or behind the burger stalls."

Hearts stadium announcer. (Christopher Skene, Scotland).

from bbc sport quotes of the week

I don't remember hearing it, but I can imagine it precisely

"We would like to remind everyone that Tynecastle is a no-smoking stadium. We would also like to remind you that there are no cameras in the toilets or behind the burger stalls."

Hearts stadium announcer. (Christopher Skene, Scotland).

from bbc sport quotes of the week

I don't remember hearing it, but I can imagine it precisely

I hope whoever it was who made the announcement got sacked. Smoking is not big or clever, and is intensely annoying to us non-smokers.

Malcolm Tucker
I hope whoever it was who made the announcement got sacked. Smoking is not big or clever, and is intensely annoying to us non-smokers.

What's it like at Ibrox.

:);)

eddie fenwick

it is big and clever and very cool,it also makes people look hard:cool:

Therapist, that statement could turn some posters on here to smoking;):dribble:

I've had, and seen many arguments in the stadium at half-time with stewards pestering smokers, the law states that smoking is prohibited in an enclosed area, thats why most of us go to the steps and exits for our quick smoke, it's open! It's bad enough watching the tripe we've been served up the last 2 years making everyone pashed-off without getting hassle from that lot, it's not been an enjoyable experience and i enjoy my smoke, they won't tell me different!

iirc smoking is banned at tynecastle on due to a decision by the club. not due to the smoking in public places legislation. i think hibs, hampden and the old firm at least have this same policy

if the club don't want you smoking on their land you can't really have it's not illegal as a defence

it is big and clever and very cool,it also makes people look hard:cool:

Not as hard as drinking!

When are they opening up the bars they were talking about.

:mj_zivili:

eddie fenwick
Not as hard as drinking!

thought you might have had enough of bars after the killie game:)

thought you might have had enough of bars after the killie game:)

What happened?:confused:

.....aw aye!Next time i'll last a bit longer.

eddie fenwick
What happened?:confused:

.....aw aye!Next time i'll last a bit longer.

best sesh in a long time mate:confused::confused::cool:

stevieC@pivot

So the best places to smoke are behind the burger stalls and the bogs,,best if you non smokers just kept away then , cos burgers make you fat and sweaty and annoying !! And god knows why you are in the bogs so long to even care!!

I Remember the last home game with rangers, at half time down the stairs in the main stand going for a pi-sh. As always smoke everywhere when you walk in and one of the stewards had followed me in, In a very loud voice he said “ Fags out lads” next thing you hear is someone shouting back “get yer fu**ing own”

Very funny!

Mr Quagmire

speak for yourself, i love the smell when i am at the Footy and i am a non smoker.

speak for yourself, i love the smell when i am at the Footy and i am a non smoker.

How queer. :o

Boaby Ewing
How queer. :o

Fuggin' PC Brigade.

What a bunch of hand wringing grannies.

:rolleyes:

Pete Seeger
Fuggin' PC Brigade.

What a bunch of hand wringing grannies.

:rolleyes:

I know, next they'll be wanting to ban drinking in grounds too :eek: I blame Therapist and the rest of his Pc brigade.

really really boils my pish this.

smokers (apart from the toilet dwellers) generally go to the uncovered area and and mostly stand at the corner yet we still have the pc brigade moaning about this????????

smokers (apart from the toilet dwellers) generally go to the uncovered area and and mostly stand at the corner yet we still have the pc brigade moaning about this????????

Totally agree. Why cant they send us down the stairs at the corner of the Wheatfield / school end. It's open and doesn't bother anyone else. The feckin so called stewards don't need to get the pi55 taken out of them every week and they can get on with what they're actually there for.

This really gets on my goat!

bishop1874

cant really understand the moaning to be honest, its a football ground not a health club.

If people want to smoke leave them to it, personally I think fat people smell worse and are unhealthier but its considered unacceptable to say "put the burgers and cola down you fat ****** you smell and they are killing you"

cant really understand the moaning to be honest, its a football ground not a health club.

If people want to smoke leave them to it, personally I think fat people smell worse and are unhealthier but its considered unacceptable to say "put the burgers and cola down you fat ****** you smell and they are killing you"

people say that too me everyday.

davemclaren

Mr T in the pc brigade. I love the irony... :rolleyes:

Guest casper
Not as hard as drinking!

Some people smoke AND drink. :eek:

Getting over the shock of agreeing with Therapist, as a non-smoker I can see no problem with people smoking in the uncovered areas (is it actually illegal, or just Hearts' rule?). Turn a blind eye to that. But smoking in the bogs is anti-social.

Smoking at grounds doesnt bother me too much as a non smoker. BUT I cant understand people smoking in the old Main (wooden) Stand - that would go up like a bonfire and imagine trying to get out of the upper section of that stand should a fire happen.

Getting over the shock of agreeing with Therapist, as a non-smoker I can see no problem with people smoking in the uncovered areas (is it actually illegal, or just Hearts' rule?). Turn a blind eye to that. But smoking in the bogs is anti-social.

it's hearts rule (see above)

i'm not too bothered about people smoking in the uncovered bits of the concorse. smoking in the stand ****ed me of though. i always seemed to end up downwind from it.

Ha-ha! well said! It wasn't too long ago we could smoke in out seats, okay they wanted to stop that, fine, we were told we could smoke under the stand next to the scran kiosks, no-one seemed bothered going there, then they tell us we can't smoke there either! Now we can't anywhere! Least when you go to most away grounds you don't have that hassle!

Pete Seeger
Ha-ha! well said! It wasn't too long ago we could smoke in out seats, okay they wanted to stop that, fine, we were told we could smoke under the stand next to the scran kiosks, no-one seemed bothered going there, then they tell us we can't smoke there either! Now we can't anywhere! Least when you go to most away grounds you don't have that hassle!

I didn't miss an away game bar 1 gretna and 1 rangers all season and I think the only 2 grounds that used common sense were Rugby park and Pittodrie.

John Findlay

I think this thread proves that alot of people are losing their sense of humour.

John

Why cant they send us down the stairs at the corner of the Wheatfield / school end. It's open and doesn't bother anyone else.

That's great so long as the wind isn't blowing the foul stench of tobacco smoke back into the stadium. I virtually always head up town after the game, so wear very very nice clothes that cost more than a few bob. Why should I have my clobber contaminated because of your foul habit.

The irony is that most of you would sit on a plane without a smoke for 10 hours, but can't go 105 minutes at the game. :confused: Like your foul habit, it doesn't make sense.

Guest scottishlad
That's great so long as the wind isn't blowing the foul stench of tobacco smoke back into the stadium. I virtually always head up town after the game, so wear very very nice clothes that cost more than a few bob. Why should I have my clobber contaminated because of your foul habit.

The irony is that most of you would sit on a plane without a smoke for 10 hours, but can't go 105 minutes at the game. :confused: Like your foul habit, it doesn't make sense.

Shut it you sound like a fag lol

eddie fenwick
Only when rigor mortis sets in.

ach,that doesnt last too long anyway:cool:

lost in leith

The current design of Tynie means that smokers can be banished to the area next to the Wheatfield turnstiles and the area in front of the turnstiles at the Gorgie Road end. Stewards can then be free to enforce a zero tolerance approach to smoking in the toilets and the concourses. That way we can ensure that your sash smells as sweet as it did when you left your very, very nice house and kissed your very, very nice wife goodbye :rolleyes:

I smoke but would never consider smoking at Tynecastle.

I consider it rude.

Unless you are anywhere near Therapist and it's get the stoggies oot.

It takes away the smell of the perfume and the self righteous pomposity.

Very very nice clothes eh? ooh how camp!

The current design of Tynie means that smokers can be banished to the area next to the Wheatfield turnstiles and the area in front of the turnstiles at the Gorgie Road end. Stewards can then be free to enforce a zero tolerance approach to smoking in the toilets and the concourses. That way we can ensure that your sash smells as sweet as it did when you left your very, very nice house and kissed your very, very nice wife goodbye :rolleyes:

Brilliant!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Archived