Walking football

eusabio

Hi, Have any of my fellow over fifties posters heard any more about the walking football?

My Dad has a medal my Grandad won during the war playing walking football in the army! Remember always thinking it was a quite a weird thing to do when I was a bairn.  Get it for disabled football etc, but perfectly fit guys doing it was pretty common back then apparently!

Of course that's always how I played football too, but then I walk faster than those who run without thinking.  Obviously.

Yes yes i am signed up for it. Got and email from Alan with the details.

Good Afternoon,

We are still receiving applications for our 50+ Walking Football programme which is set to start at 12.00pm on Tuesday 11th August. I will write out a week before with final details and arrival information but listed below is some info that will help your planning and expectations for the sessions.

? Football activity will take place on the grass football pitch behind the Wheatfield Stand from 12.00-1.00pm each week for an initial 6-weeks.

? From 1.00-1.40pm (approx.) we will have soup and a roll plus a cup of tea organised in one of the suites so you can relax after the sessions.

? We have so far 30-40 age 50+ players booked up so far.

? As the surface is grass, we would recommend you organise footwear with appropriate grip so we can play whether the pitch is dry or damp. Moulded boots are recommended.

? Games are expected to be in 4v4 or 5v5 format ? essentially back to the days of street football but at walking pace.

? Players will be all different shapes, sizes, age and ability and we will adapt team where necessary so everyone players at a comfortable level

? There is no cost to participate and we hope to secure funding for a further 6-weeks as well.

Yours in sport

Alan

Alan White

Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Tynecastle Stadium

Gorgie Road

Edinburgh

EH11 2NL

Archived