"Go on the ching with Billy King"

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hungry hippo

Sten the uber atheist supporting irrationality.

I'm going to decompose in my own clothes.

Better?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

Seem to recall Noel Gallagher being asked the meaning to certain lyrics in champagne supernova. His response was that it was the only words he could find that rhymed.  

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh Geoff, look what you've started :rofl:

Aye, another pun thread apparently.

If people want to sing inane songs, let them bash on. However, if this becomes the new Since I was Young, it will inevitably lead to the club asking for people to refrain from singing it and for Billy King himself to say that he doesn't touch drugs.

Terrible. Surely the person you sing this song about has to have already passed away?

The Old Tolbooth

Derek Akora to be appointed to the backroom staff, itk!

We could do pakora with Derek Acorah   :ninja: 

(Sorry dad (Geoff), I won't do it again, I promise) :D 

Sexton Hardcastle

Jesus H. Getting all cut up from the other side of the world because people are having a bit of a laugh at, what appeared to be, a shite pre season game.

'Dear points of view...'

We_are_the_Hearts

No matter to you Geoff as you dont go to games. Thought it sounded great when seen the video, well done lads, hopefully Tynie will be a better atmo this year

Biffa Bacon

Terrible. Surely the person you sing this song about has to have already passed away?

It's a song.....it's not real...... Do you really think all those Man U fans that sign about George Best, expect to meet up with him for a kick about, or a few beers!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'm off for a pee with Jordan McGhee.

So wrong on so many levels.

Correct, off for a pish with Colin Nish would sound a lot better.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No matter to you Geoff as you dont go to games. Thought it sounded great when seen the video, well done lads, hopefully Tynie will be a better atmo this year

Sound.

More inane songs please.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

It's a song.....it's not real...... Do you really think all those Man U fans that sign about George Best, expect to meet up with him for a kick about, or a few beers!

You've missed the point completely.

kingantti1874

Please tell me you don't find dying of alcoholism funny?

:lol: I think you know your taking me out of context there.. Don't be a helmet

The Internet

By the thread title I expected it to be the same tune as 'he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney' and that there would be some hilarious lines before it. Quite disappointed.

Jesus H. Getting all cut up from the other side of the world because people are having a bit of a laugh at, what appeared to be, a shite pre season game.

'Dear points of view...'

Lol.....does late call/ night call or whatever still exist on Radio Forth?

Ach I've heard worse but it is totally stupid. I was thinking yesterday how grim tennis chants are in comparison to football ones - they usually have some wit involved or clever lyric - then this nonsense of a song pops up. It's just crap.

But then, it does sound like it was created by and for the 14 year olds in our support who like to sing about their mad partying skillz. Aw, bless. :biggrin:

Shame about the mince lyrics though, cos the tune is very catchy.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He does have loads of posts though.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Being serious for a moment, why do we have to ape other teams songs even if the words are different they are still others ideas? Surely we have some budding Bob Dylans out their.!

Biffa Bacon

You've missed the point completely.

Don't think I have.... Sing it or don't sing it, whether it makes sense or not.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Don't think I have.... Sing it or don't sing it, whether it makes sense or not.

You have. Hopefully it dies out before the season starts, I'll find it quite cringey if it's belted out at Tynie.

"When I die I'm going to take drugs with someone who's still alive." :rofl:

Cast No Shadow

The OP must be the most beige, pointless poster on here.

Has he ever actually seen Hearts in the flesh?

Biffa Bacon

Being serious for a moment, why do we have to ape other teams songs even if the words are different they are still others ideas? Surely we have some budding Bob Dylans out their.!

It has always been that way, very few songs/chants are original, most are adaptations of something else. That doesn't mean that they do not add to the atmosphere, like Motherwell twist and shout at Ibrox. I heard versions of our hey Jude song across the EPL last season....we have been singing it for 30 years+. Where it comes from doesn't really matter, when I was young at ER was brilliant in the moment....even if it was stolen from Motherwell.

All roads lead to Gorgie

You have. Hopefully it dies out before the season starts, I'll find it quite cringey if it's belted out at Tynie.

Poor Billy King will have to call in one of those ghost investigation teams or be haunted be tripping spirits for the rest of his life.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It has always been that way, very few songs/chants are original, most are adaptations of something else. That doesn't mean that they do not add to the atmosphere, like Motherwell twist and shout at Ibrox. I heard versions of our hey Jude song across the EPL last season....we have been singing it for 30 years+. Where it comes from doesn't really matter, when I was young at ER was brilliant in the moment....even if it was stolen from Motherwell.

I think the Europe song is the only one we alone use and the Seven Nation Army one that everyone uses now with sanitised words was an Italian version before that famous semi final and not ours alone either.

Lancashire_Lou

Not a big fan. Started to get very cringeworthy after the first 100 times.

PresidentGrant

It's worse than that. "When I die I'm going to take drugs with someone who's still alive and hasn't been known to take drugs in the first place." Great song :rofl:

Rudolf's Mate

Bar the actual Hearts song, are there any which weren't started by other teams?

Robbie Neilson

Goeff getting all high and might through his computer screen at what Hearts fans sing at games :lol: Thats rich

See if you actually went to a Hearts game mate, you'd probably shit your pants at what you'd hear

Racism, Sexism, Bigotry, Banter, Swearing

The biggest problem as already pointed out is that the rhyme is in the wrong place.

When I die and they lay me to rest,

I'm going to go to the place that's the best.

Last time I checked rest and King don't really rhyme.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Goeff getting all high and might through his computer screen at what Hearts fans sing at games :lol: Thats rich

See if you actually went to a Hearts game mate, you'd probably shit your pants at what you'd hear

How is it "high and mighty" to point out how fecking stupid the feckwits in our support are?

And as I said above, if this becomes as prevalent as Since I Was Young, the club will step in to intervene because it doesn't fit with the club's stated "values".

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The biggest problem as already pointed out is that the rhyme is in the wrong place.

When I die and they lay me to rest,

I'm going to go to the place that's the best.

Last time I checked rest and King don't really rhyme.

Correct.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bar the actual Hearts song, are there any which weren't started by other teams?

I think we may have started the John Robertson Karma Chameleon song way back but maybe others were using it then as well, can't remember?

MacDonald Jardine

Goeff getting all high and might through his computer screen at what Hearts fans sing at games [emoji38] Thats rich

Most of which are condemned by the posters who are defending this song as just banter.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Robbie Neilson

How is it "high and mighty" to point out how fecking stupid the feckwits in our support are?

And as I said above, if this becomes as prevalent as Since I Was Young, the club will step in to intervene because it doesn't fit with the club's stated "values".

Ohh you'll have no argument from me about the cretins in our support. And that the song is pish

I just find it funny you're getting so upset about it. It wont catch on, because its pish, so dont worry about the club having to step in ffs

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ohh you'll have no argument from me about the cretins in our support. And that the song is pish

I just find it funny you're getting so upset about it. It wont catch on, because its pish, so dont worry about the club having to step in ffs

I hope you're right but it only takes it to "catch on" in the new singing section for there to be a potential issue.

PresidentGrant

Disagree with this logic. 'Since I Was Young' caught on well enough.

It's not racist or sectarian I guess so knock yourselves out IMO.

Pretty sure Billy King won't give a shit.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's not racist or sectarian I guess so knock yourselves out IMO.

Pretty sure Billy King won't give a shit.

Will you say the same if Ann Budge gives a shit?

I hope you're right but it only takes it to "catch on" in the new singing section for there to be a potential issue.

Then it'd be one nail in their collective coffin. If they're not on best behaviour, this section won't last long.

Saw a video a short while ago of some kids singing this and a few grown men in their fifties/sixties joining in. Tragic. :laugh:

Disagree with this logic. 'Since I Was Young' caught on well enough.

Yeah but grown ups quite like that one too.

Archived