Welcome Dario Zanatta

Jack Torrance

Sounds like a decent young player. Anyone know about him?

If you go to tonight's match thread there's loads about him on there.

He Who Cannot Be Named

He is on trial, he has been on trial for a couple of weeks now. There was a piece on him here at the time.

Phil D. Corners

My Canadian mate just described him in a voice messages as "As usless as tits on a bull!"

Meh

the general

My Canadian mate just described him in a voice messages as "As usless as tits on a bull!"

Meh

those pithy yanks

kylelauren01

A friend of mine was the Academy coach at Vancouver before being promoted to assistant First team coach, I'll ask him what he thinks.

has the club announced this? granted its a youth signing but he has represented his country at relative age groups, strange if they've not had a little announcement. Maybe i just missed it.

kylelauren01

On official website talking about last night's game Neilson is quoted as saying they like him and are trying to get something sorted.

We_are_the_Hearts

If you were comparing him and Moore first half then you would pick Moore every day for the future.

If you were comparing him and Moore first half then you would pick Moore every day for the future.

Why do you have to pick?  They are 17 & 18, they could both go on to be good players, or might develop at different rates.  At this point we're looking at potential, and the management are happy to get him on board and see what he can do.

We_are_the_Hearts

Why do you have to pick? They are 17 & 18, they could both go on to be good players, or might develop at different rates. At this point we're looking at potential, and the management are happy to get him on board and see what he can do.

Just tend to look at these games with a scout head on and who you would like the look of if a neutral game. Moore looked to get involved more and looked a bit trickier and livelier on the left than Zanatta was on the right. It was only one game though and the management will see him most days

Meh

A kid that has scored 26 goals from 28 games for his youth team aye?

Who cares how good he is, we can call a player moose again and that's all that matters.

Hibs can only muster a woose called lewis.

Don't care how good he is or isn't, just happy to have more numbers in the u20's. That way we can let players develop naturally rather than being forced to drag 15 year olds out of school to make the numbers up! 

Have we actually signed him yet?

A two year deal will be signed by the end of the week.

A two year deal will be signed by the end of the week.

Excellent, let the song writing begin!

His twitter states that he plays for Heart of Midlothian. 

He certainly did tonight, at least...

gashauskis9

Excellent, let the song writing begin!

Da Da Da Dario Zanatta

Da Da Da Dario Zanatta

He is much better than Rooney and Mata

If they are U19 they are shit hot, kb rules

If they are u19 they deserve the chance to develop with out arseholes getting on their backs

Recommended by Paul Ritchie perhaps. Was asst manager at Whitecaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

If they are u19 they deserve the chance to develop with out arseholes getting on their backs

Aye people making a comment on KB are arseholes getting on their backs. You sound like one of the mother's at U14 level that get their knickers in a twist when their wee laddie gets a bit of constructive critiscism.

The People's Chimp

A kid that has scored 26 goals from 28 games for his youth team aye?

I think #effzeh's Canadian mate may have been exposed as a bullshitter.

Aye people making a comment on KB are arseholes getting on their backs. You sound like one of the mother's at U14 level that get their knickers in a twist when their wee laddie gets a bit of constructive critiscism.

its good to learn to deal with it too although not a big fan of being negative towards players as its helping the opposition more than it is constructive esp when the coaches are there for that

We_are_the_Hearts

its good to learn to deal with it too although not a big fan of being negative towards players as its helping the opposition more than it is constructive esp when the coaches are there for that

Agreed but there needs to be cc so they can improve as well as a bit character building.

Agreed but there needs to be cc so they can improve as well as a bit character building.

yes agree, its a balance

players need to have good focus and be able to deal with it, being open to feedback

at higher level at games it just benefits the opposition

If they are U19 they are shit hot, kb rules

:spoton: Branimir Kostadinov, he's gone on to score just over 1 goal/year, where was our development fee for that wee stoater?

Cardiac Rucksack

I heard his mum knows Walter kidds, former nanny. I reckon Zico might have tipped us the wink on this one.

Looked ok, nothing special and a lot of work to do before he could be considered ready for the first team

Left after an hour though so don't know if he did much later on in the game

Plenty kids come in as the next Messi and fail.

Plenty come in as total nobodies flying under the radar and turn out to be amazing.

A name like Zanatta belongs on a class player though. At his age it's up to him how he turns out in the end.

a lot of work to do before he could be considered ready for the first team

That's good as he isn't being brought in to be part of the first team, this season.

That's good as he isn't being brought in to be part of the first team, this season.

I know that, just sharing my opinion on the player or is that not allowed on here anymore?

Cardiac Rucksack

I know that, just sharing my opinion on the player or is that not allowed on here anymore?

Pretty disgusting opinion to be fair m9

Diadora Van Basten

Don't care how good he is or isn't, just happy to have more numbers in the u20's. That way we can let players develop naturally rather than being forced to drag 15 year olds out of school to make the numbers up!

What is that all about?

I watched hearts v Hibs under 20s and was surprised between the gap between Oliver McGhee and the rest of the hearts team.

When I got home I found out we were playing 15 year olds and for most 15 year olds they are still boys and not ready to be playing against young men.

What is that all about?

I watched hearts v Hibs under 20s and was surprised between the gap between Oliver McGhee and the rest of the hearts team.

When I got home I found out we were playing 15 year olds and for most 15 year olds they are still boys and not ready to be playing against young men.

2 Points on that.  Levein basically stated that there was a derth in the youth system.  Partly due to having to play so many youngsters in the first team, partly it had just been a bit neglected last couple of years as all resources had to be used for real essentials for obvious reasons.  So we hardly had any 17-19 yearolds.

Secondly, who knows whether the 15 yearolds will actually prosper from that experience.  Slightly make or break type stuff and I guess you just have to choose the right ones with the right character to handle it, whereas others could end up steely as hell but would crumble at that age.  Don't think a blanket "no 15 yearolds in the u20s" type thing needs apply.  You see 16 yearolds play first team, so why not.

Think there is now a focus on the academy and the scouting has been upped massively, so hopefully from now we only see kids stepping up through choice/merit.

jamboinglasgow

True but I would rather the coaches are the ones who provide constructive criticism. They are under 20s, they are being built up, too often on here it can be too extreme the attitude to them i.e. "he's shit", "he will never make it" "league one is his level" and usually based on someone seeing the odd appearance of a player. And what someone may think is constructive criticism is too often not. Yes there will be flaws in a players game, and things they need to develop to push for first team football, I just feel sometimes people can be too harsh on some of the youngsters. 

Does that mean I think all the U19s are "shit hot" of course not, are they are above being said that they have had a poor game, of course not. Just feel people make too strong comments about them and sometimes need to tone it back.

2 Points on that.  Levein basically stated that there was a derth in the youth system.  Partly due to having to play so many youngsters in the first team, partly it had just been a bit neglected last couple of years as all resources had to be used for real essentials for obvious reasons.  So we hardly had any 17-19 yearolds.

Secondly, who knows whether the 15 yearolds will actually prosper from that experience.  Slightly make or break type stuff and I guess you just have to choose the right ones with the right character to handle it, whereas others could end up steely as hell but would crumble at that age.  Don't think a blanket "no 15 yearolds in the u20s" type thing needs apply.  You see 16 yearolds play first team, so why not.

Think there is now a focus on the academy and the scouting has been upped massively, so hopefully from now we only see kids stepping up through choice/merit.

Great post.

Yup, we need the right size of under 20 squad to cope in the league, last season the under 20s were neglected due to the first stage of rebuilding being on the first team. This meant that they did not really have a settled under 20s team who played together enough and developed as a team together. Players were going in out from age groups below and from the first team and that was a mixture of injury, loans and a lack of squad. Having a settled sized squad means you build that strong core of players, and with that done then you can give the odd senior players a chance to get game time, or start promoting a promising youngster from below who can be eased into the under 20s. 

Archived