A Lucky Escape?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

colinmaroon
I fear that the January statement was in fact true. I also fear that McGhee was decided on early, and there was an assumption made that a big money offer and the appeal of Hearts as a "big" team was all that was needed. I fear that total effort was put into the McGhee chase and it seemed to those involved to be a done deal. I fear deeply that they have been taken by complete surprise and in fact have absolutely no contingency plan.

I fear now that that the solution will be from Eastern Europe, otherwise if not so, we could end up with the ludicrous situation of falling back on Frail.

I do not blame Romanov entirely for this debacle, it seems in the effort for McGhee he done all the right things, except he did not allow for the fickleness of man, and again allowed his belief in himself to not allow him to anticipate failure.

You may be right, but I really find it hard to believe that VR does not have Plan B, or even C or D!!!

It will have to start from scratch, in terms of contact - but anyone who's made the millions VR has, must regularly run risk assessment on various aspects of his business, and have plans to deal with it if something goes wrong!!!

It now seems that from the moment that the promise was made on 1st January, work had started - No1 was decided on and set up ready for the end of the season.

Talk of it being specifically Vlad's fault in the way it's been handled - e. g making him fly to Kaunas etc. is way off the mark as I said on another thread!

Certainly, VR's track record could have been a contributory factor in MM's thinking, but only a small part IMO.

Seymour M Hersh
I disagree.

Give him 2 Seasons and a sensible budget and I'm sure he could take us into the Top 4.

We have to start at the bottom and I'm sure JJ could lay some decent foundations.

Without Brown but with a future (inexperienced bod) manager learning from him and you have a point. But Billy Brown is someone I don't want anywhere near Tynie again (except in the visitors dug out).

Seymour M Hersh
We'd all love that, but right now, top 6, then third, then trying to compete with OF have to be the aims, but we can't expect to jump from the shambles we are now to compete with OF in one step.

TBH I think we can go straight for 3rd thus combining the 1 year spent getting into the top 6.

Jam Tarts 1874

Well, if there are any plan B's, C's, D's etc. We won't have Mark Donaldson to tell us about them, he's on holiday now for a month. We will just have to rely on all the folk on here for the facts! :)

John Findlay

I think it was a lucky escape. I put him in the same league as Alex McLeish. Flatters to deceive.

John

Guest JamboRobbo
TBH I think we can go straight for 3rd thus combining the 1 year spent getting into the top 6.

Agree, but the essence of my point remains. We need to get some stability back and improve year on year till we're SPL and CL winners. We can't just do it in one year.

Mick Belker
Only for Baggio - the rest are fairly trim!

I love the thought of that group taking training. Pressley would immediately regain the leader of the dressing room position. Locke and Fulton would make sure all the players have a smile on their face - as well as getting them up for games. And JJ to bring it all together. 3 good seasons from that group before Pressley takes over.;)

I whole heartedly agree mate! Pressley and the rest would have very positive effect on the squad if no interference was in play! The morale would be top draw (As per the proffesional salad dodger and his mate in Govan!) :food-smiley-004:

Archived