Another hammer blow to SNP tax plans

Therapist

ToadKiller Dog

Never thought i would see you praising a law that came from Europe ,but there we go.

From the article

He pointed out that articles 7 and 9 enshrined the right of councils to vary their own levies, and that this would be removed in the Scottish Government's proposal for a fixed income tax charge.

"It seems to me that a proposal to remove from Scottish local authorities any power at all to determine the level of their own financial resources through local taxation is almost certainly in breach of Article 9," he said.

So that would mean that Central Govt can't cap local authorities then, as that would also be in breach surely?

You didn't happen to be in the Oak on Saturday, Therapist?

It isn't too much of a problem tbh. All that would need to happen is all local authorities agree on the rate. Which has exactly happened with the current tax freeze - which is saving us a fair bit btw.

You didn't happen to be in the Oak on Saturday...

I was. In the afternoon watching the football.

I was. In the afternoon watching the football.

We were in from about half 5, pretty recked after completing the Centurion (except from Neave, who pulled out half way - Shame!!!).

We were in from about half 5, pretty recked after completing the Centurion (except from Neave, who pulled out half way - Shame!!!).

I left about 1/4 to 7.

Sat outside mostly.

I left about 1/4 to 7.

Sat outside mostly.

Was that you with the group of lads sitting at the centre table?

We sat outside for a bit, then moved in.

You didn't happen to be in the Oak on Saturday, Therapist?

No, I wasn't.

Was that you with the group of lads sitting at the centre table?

We sat outside for a bit, then moved in.

Nah, it was just me and my mate. We were at the far away table, nearest Agenda.

Nah, it was just me and my mate. We were at the far away table, nearest Agenda.

Ahh right - yeah we were the group of ******s who were trying to get bus drivers to wave.

Ahh right - yeah we were the group of ******s who were trying to get bus drivers to wave.

I would like to state I didn't take part in such an embarrassing act.

I would like to state I didn't take part in such an embarrassing act.

You did say that if a 3 or a 25 went past, you'd "go mental".

You did say that if a 3 or a 25 went past, you'd "go mental".

Only to get your Corstorphinian backs up :)

Interesting to note the Togster is trying to divert posters' attention to the activities of Saturday afternoon and away from the SNP's ridiculous attempts at getting their tax plans approved. :rolleyes:

Anyway, another boot goes into the SNP....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7423627.stm

Interesting to note the Togster is trying to divert posters' attention to the activities of Saturday afternoon and away from the SNP's ridiculous attempts at getting their tax plans approved. :rolleyes:

Yet opinion polls continue to go through the roof...

Yet opinion polls continue to go through the roof...

Which perfectly illustrates:

1. The stupidity of SNP supporters

2. The ineffectual nature of the opposition, particularly Wendy Alexander.

Which perfectly illustrates:

1. The stupidity of SNP supporters

2. The ineffectual nature of the opposition, particularly Wendy Alexander.

So you'll be standing yourself then to save us all then

Just because you use a smiley doesn't make it any less of a statement of nonsense :P

Anyways, doesn't matter if this thread drifts, I'm sure you will be here with a new one just as soon as the Hibsman can whack it out on the web.

hughesie27

To be honest I'm finding the events of Saturday a lot more interesting than some stupid political debate. Next year I am eligible to vote. I probably won't though I agree we should have a democracy but one vote by me ain't going to sway any decisions. It may actually go to the monster raving looney party. Those crazy fools.

Anyway Therapist, your credability went wayyy donwhill the very moment those Rangers supporters began making a fool of themselves. Only hours after your post to yet another BBC site mentioning how 'impeccable' their behaviour was and how a lot of posters on here would be annoyed at this. You were nowhere to be seen afterwards though.:) Which makes me smile.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I love the Campbell-esque nature of the OP's posts on the SNP. Despite the SNP still being remarkably popular over 12 months into government he starts the thread with "Another hammer blow...".:) Hilarious.

brellierlegend

Who is getting tired of the OP's continual anti SNP rants? They are so boring.

Stuart Lyon

Wobbly Wednesday! Class sizes 10 times as much to meet their election promise, local income tax likely to be illegal and the PFI replacement shrouded in doubt as being viable.

brellierlegend

I am a telegraph reader so its not difficult to guess what my political views are.

So clearly a big concern with regards to becoming independant would be having to be ruled to the centre, left forever.

Whilst Therapist is correct in a lot of views his continual tirades are becoming so boring.

Whilst I do not agree with Independence the only other option in Scotland is Labour. :boak:

Who is getting tired of the OP's continual anti SNP rants? They are so boring.

If you don't like it don't read my posts. :rolleyes:

As for Hughesie's ridiculous post, I did not post on any BBC web site. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived