Did anyone renew on the McGhee speculation?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

N.B. This doesn't belong in the behemoth thread.

A rumour started that the McGhee approach had been 'staged' by Hearts prior to the ST renewal deadline. I'd like to know if the speculation was enough to make anyone part with their cash in terms of those holding off and awaiting the appointment of a manager. If it didn't, it would kill this silly (in my view) rumour dead.

So, did anyone renew when the story broke?

letsmakesomenoise
N.B. This doesn't belong in the behemoth thread.

A rumour started that the McGhee approach had been 'staged' by Hearts prior to the ST renewal deadline. I'd like to know if the speculation was enough to make anyone part with their cash in terms of those holding off and awaiting the appointment of a manager. If it didn't, it would kill this silly (in my view) rumour dead.

So, did anyone renew when the story broke?

No chance. We've been duped far too many times by the Mad One. Until I see a proven manager that I recognise stand in front of the main stand holding a maroon and white scarf above his head, my spondoolies are staying in my wallet!

Charlie-Brown

This rumour would involve the complicity of Mark McGhee flying to London and Motherwell putting messages up on their website .... all just to boost Hearts ST sales......paranoia in the extreme if anyone is stupid enough to believe that.

This rumour would involve the complicity of Mark McGhee flying to London and Motherwell putting messages up on their website .... all just to boost Hearts ST sales......paranoia in the extreme if anyone is stupid enough to believe that.

Stupid enough to believe that we could attract the Motherwell manager if he is our number 1 target and who we have been reportedly chasing for 6 months ?

Charlie-Brown
Stupid enough to believe that we could attract the Motherwell manager if he is our number 1 target and who we have been reportedly chasing for 6 months ?

Do you think it's a staged ruse simply to sell ST's?

Do you think it's a staged ruse simply to sell ST's?

No. However i did(still do) expect we could easily entice him away from Motherwell. However does that make me and other members stupid for believing that ?

The problem is many people believe hearts are more than capable of sabotaging the whole process.

Charlie-Brown
No. However i did(still do) expect we could easily entice him away from Motherwell. However does that make me and other members stupid for believing that ?

The problem is many people believe hearts are more than capable of sabotaging the whole process.

I think McGhee getting off the plane wasn't any of Hearts doing but Boyle making either an attractive or threatening counter-offer possibly including improved salary, leitch staying put, threat of legal action if he speaks or moves to hearts & breaks his contract etc. Possibly a combination of some or all of these and Hearts have now sent the negotiator to find out how McGhee feels now and can we change his mind or circumstances.

Nobody ever accused the Jeffries / Falkirk saga of being a Pie-man ploy to sell extra season tickets - that would involve the complicity of real people, other clubs managers & chairmen & the media etc.

Craigieboy

If anyone actually believes that this was a stunt to try and get ST's renewed then they are simply thick as ****.

Funny, mostly hobos touting that speculation. :rolleyes:

Think about it guys.

:confused:

By The Light..

Have you ever seen a picture of any soon to be announced manager (or player) on the official website before they have signed?

Geoff Kilpatrick
If anyone actually believes that this was a stunt to try and get ST's renewed then they are simply thick as ****.

Think about it guys.

I agree.

That's why I started the thread. I don't believe any Hearts fan would be gullible enough to 'fall' for something like that, nor do I believe it is a setup.

However, if significant numbers of our fans HAD renewed on the premise of a posting on the club website, then I would be worried.

Well i'm still holding out, kinda thought this was a last week push by the PR bunch, but still of the opinion that the board are taking us for mugs. Shame, as I was always a believer:(

The Old Tolbooth

That about hits it on the head for me Dazo, if McGhee had the assurances in place that he was looking for, then the Hearts job is a FAR SUPERIOR position to anything that murderwell could come up with.

If however he didn't have the assurances in place that he was looking for, then a phone call from Boyle with an improved offer would most definitely make the murderwell job more attractive.

It seems to me like McGhee was only flying out to Lithuania in the first place because he had ? signs in his eyes, and that he didn't really fancy the job in the first place because of the lack of reassurance.

I agree.

That's why I started the thread. I don't believe any Hearts fan would be gullible enough to 'fall' for something like that, nor do I believe it is a setup.

However, if significant numbers of our fans HAD renewed on the premise of a posting on the club website, then I would be worried.

Nah,they have already bought their STs a good few weeks back.

I'm off to renew this morning. I always planned to renew I just wanted to wait till the last minute.

It would have been nicer if a propper manager was in place when I handed over my hard earned cash though!

rememberwilliegibson
I agree.

i think they are generally going through the motions of looking for a manager and on the back of that SOME season tickets will be sold. i doubt there will be a decent appointment, just some east bloc no-mark, but time will tell. therefore i will be picking and choosing games next season and will not renew until there is a track record of vlad not taking the single fish any more...

Ok Geoff, I'll break cover.

Yes I renewed but not because of anything Vlad or Hearts said or did.

I renewed because I actually believed all the 'in the know' posters on this board who said it was a done deal.

Gullable? . . . Yip, but the fact is I would have renewed anyway.

rememberwilliegibson

i also think that mcghee has used this carry on to his advantage, i.e., getting more cash out of his chairman

londonjambo
I renewed because I'm a Hearts fan

I havent renewed yet precisely because I am a Hearts fan.

And anyone who needs that explaining to them hasnt been paying attention for the last two years.

GC

siegementality
that would involve the complicity of real people, other clubs managers & chairmen & the media etc.

No it wouldn't! It could simply be done by Hearts going through the pretence of the whole McGhee saga with no intention of even giving him the job. McGhee didn't have to know that, Murderwell didn't have to know that and the press didn't have to know that, the only people that needed to know were those at Hearts.

FWIW anyone who believes that this was all a con to increase ST sales is off their head.

Further for anyone to have bought a ST on the strength on MM coming is even more of their head.

Think about it guys.

No word on the website about a manager since 1 Jan and then the week before the deadline for renewing season tickets there is a statement saying the club have approached Motherwell for premission to speak to Mark McGhee.

Wanna bet that Hearts leak something to the press about x or y manager being interviewed before Friday.

Vlad cant be happy about all this McGhee stuff. He knows fans are waiting for someone to be appointed before renewing. This will have cost him dear.

Thunderstruck

I renewed this morning. Nothing to do with McGhee or Vlad or any speculation. Had forgotten to do so earlier and going away for a few days.

I might even upgrade!!

Rudolf's Mate

Vlad should double the trebled offer that was on the table..... Offer him around 700k and lets see his loyalty!!! I am passed being bothered about him coming for the cash and would love nothing more than to laugh at those huns in disguise!

john brownlee

not long now before you lose your seats, pride before a fall its already cost some people ?30

no symphony for part time glory hunters (humm your own tune)

and their pathetic excuses for supposedly being Hearts supporters

flaking door handles the lot of you, apart from that student guy.

Paulandshark
No word on the website about a manager since 1 Jan and then the week before the deadline for renewing season tickets there is a statement saying the club have approached Motherwell for premission to speak to Mark McGhee.

Hobo :P

Hoped to renew this week on the day Mcghee was appointed but now the cash will stay in my account. The fact they will have no plan B probably means that it will be there most of the summer if not for good.

No experienced manager with autonomy = no season ticket

Simple as that.

Rudolf's Mate
not long now before you lose your seats, pride before a fall its already cost some people ?30

At the end of the day everyone's entitled to do what they want with their hard earned cash. Just because some may take a stand doesn't make then less of a supporter than the person who will go regardless.

Some people have children and could use the cash in other ways! Some may just not be able to afford it or justify it after last season.

If it were me then I'd still like to think that I would renew simply because what else would I do on a Saturday. In saying that, it's easy me saying that when I am so far away!!!

So only true Hearts fans have season tickets:rolleyes:

Archived