The Official JKB Conspiracy Theory Thread

AlphonseCapone

AlphonseCapone

Sorry, that did not come out right. what I meant was, thanks for taking the time to tell them the way it is so they have no excuses. They have been told and when it comes they will know that their amorality was our undoing.

I'm starting to think you are at it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niblick1874

• maroonlegions

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• deesidejambo

Daydream Believer

My three questions to those who see no conspiracies in anything  and believe any  conspiracies are of no real merit and lack credibility and so feel justified in  slandering  those of the opposite perception is this,  

1;would your masters lie to you if any worldly events did in fact contain conspiracies that were not in the public's interests and were so bad that it would end all trust for them??

2; would they hold their hands up and say sorry we did not mean to feck you over??

3; would they do all they could to save their own asses.??

I am going with number three , FEECKING RIGHT THEY WOULD LOL; 

I agree with this and I hear it quite often from conspiracy theorists, but the problem is that it doesn't prove anything. It's a giant leap from that to the government plotting 911.

Having said that, I think that you're getting a bit of a hard time here. We know that conspiracies exist. The Iran Contra stuff, The MKULTRA experiments and dozens more. At one point people like you might have been trying to bring these things to light and being shouted down as conspiracy theorists.

The problem is that for everyone who refuses to believe anything about a possible conspiracy, there is someone who refuses to believe that there is not a conspiracy, even in the face of serious evidence. There are still people who believe that the moon landings were faked for example, and they point blank refuse to objectively look at the evidence.

All in all, I do think that there is plenty the governments wouldn't want us to find out. Throughout history governments have lied quite consistently, I doubt that they've suddenly stopped lying now, so I'm glad people are looking, but the "sensible" theories tend to get overshadowed by the lizard people ones.

Maroonlegions, I've told you this before, but I'll say it again.

Your posts are incredibly difficult to read. Plus they're often to long winded.

If you made them easier to decipher and didn't waffle on, you'd get a much easier ride on here.

If you made them easier to decipher and didn't waffle on, you'd get a much easier ride on here.

Better by PM, naw?

Here is an idea.  if conspiracy theories and associated beliefs and ideologies upset or offend you so much then do not open this thread.  I realise that the thread may have been created tongue in cheek but to be honest some of the personal abuse, derogatory comments and the abusive meme are out of order and I am surprised that the Mods have let it go this far unchecked.  

The anger, derision, contempt and personal abuse directed at those discussing conspiracies is akin to that directed at homophobic, racist or sexist posts which is kind of ironic because they are displaying a similar intolerance,

Here is an idea.  if conspiracy theories and associated beliefs and ideologies upset or offend you so much then do not open this thread.  I realise that the thread may have been created tongue in cheek but to be honest some of the personal abuse, derogatory comments and the abusive meme are out of order and I am surprised that the Mods have let it go this far unchecked.  

The anger, derision, contempt and personal abuse directed at those discussing conspiracies is akin to that directed at homophobic, racist or sexist posts which is kind of ironic because they are displaying a similar intolerance,

People are allowed to be dismissive of things they disagree with. The "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" attitude is just a mummsy form of censorship.

If there is a thread on conspiracy theories why should it be only for people who like conspiracy theories? The purpose of a forum, in any context but especially online, is for the free expression of ideas, not just for blanket positivity.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Here is an idea. if conspiracy theories and associated beliefs and ideologies upset or offend you so much then do not open this thread. I realise that the thread may have been created tongue in cheek but to be honest some of the personal abuse, derogatory comments and the abusive meme are out of order and I am surprised that the Mods have let it go this far unchecked.

Leaving aside the meme, countering some of the drivel being spruiked by posters on this board is quite necessary. Just because the MSM may be economical with the actualite doesn't then mean that randomwebsite.com becomes a bastion of truth.

niblick1874

It would appear so. Incredible stuff. :lol:

Isn't it just. here's hopping they don't involve the children.

To be fair to maroonlegions and other occultists, what they do is no different than what billions of people all over the world believe.

That there's a higher power that influences the world we live in. I don't know what legions gets up to personally but any occult rituals he performs are no different from someone performing Mass or praying for instance.

Now a lot of people will consider Mass and praying nonsense as well (I'm one of them) but legions is no more a crackpot than your local priest, imam, rabbi or reverend.

If it gives his life purpose, who am I to say what he's doing is wrong?

AlphonseCapone

To be fair to maroonlegions and other occultists, what they do is no different than what billions of people all over the world believe.

That there's a higher power that influences the world we live in. I don't know what legions gets up to personally but any occult rituals he performs are no different from someone performing Mass or praying for instance.

Now a lot of people will consider Mass and praying nonsense as well (I'm one of them) but legions is no more a crackpot than your local priest, imam, rabbi or reverend.

I agree in that it isn't in the 'acceptable loony practices' like mainstream religions.

It doesn't really fit into conspiracies. JFK though, that's at least one I can see potential in but I haven't actually done much looking into it.

Maroonblood22

This.

Billions of people across the world believe that an invisible man impregnated a virgin who then spawned a man who could build sash windows but could also turn water into wine and rise from the dead. They even wrote a best selling book about it IIRC.

This.

Billions of people across the world believe that an invisible man impregnated a virgin who then spawned a man who could build sash windows but could also turn water into wine and rise from the dead. They even wrote a best selling book about it IIRC.

Sure, and start a thread about religion and nobody will get their knickers in a twist if folk start saying that religion is a load of old tosh. Why should conspiracy theorists be treated any differently?

See tuna's anger and bitterness...sad 'n' that.

Anger and bitterness? Oh, no. I get to argue the toss, this keeps me young and cheerful. I've a smile on my f., a spring in my s. and a song in my h.

Edited by 2NaFish

Anger and bitterness? Oh, no. I get to argue the toss, this keeps me young and cheerful. I've a smile on my f., a spring in my s. and a song in my h.

Thank f. f. t.

Maroonblood22

Sure, and start a thread about religion and nobody will get their knickers in a twist if folk start saying that religion is a load of old tosh. Why should conspiracy theorists be treated any differently?

I'm not suggesting anyone should be treated differently, I'm making light of the fact that so many people across the globe live there lives with these beliefs but, IMO of course, I reckon the conspiracy theorists take a lot more of a bashing than the followers of 'mainstream' religion.

Anyways, I don't care anywhere near enough to get worked up about it but I do like the odd theory not beyond comprehension and get quite intrigued at the though of alternative truths - nowhere near crackpot level though!

If there is a thread on conspiracy theories why should it be only for people who like conspiracy theories? The purpose of a forum, in any context but especially online, is for the free expression of ideas, not just for blanket positivity.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  Robust discussion, debate, disagreement is fine and indeed should be encouraged.

The point I am making is that if someone finds the topic so upsetting or offensive that the feel they have to resort to abuse or personal attacks or making fun of someone then perhaps they should not view the thread.  

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Robust discussion, debate, disagreement is fine and indeed should be encouraged.

The point I am making is that if someone finds the topic so upsetting or offensive that the feel they have to resort to abuse or personal attacks or making fun of someone then perhaps they should not view the thread.

I don't think anyone finds it upsetting or offensive. Just ridiculous.

maroonlegions

Emotional form of magic? What tosh.

Auto-suggestion that effects the subconscious  through certain occult  symbology  used in rituals but you would now that right . Tosh, your opinion but try telling that to  those that have survived  satanic ritual abuse ranging from children to all ages and from different backgrounds.Seems those like your self are who are in reality no were near versed in any literature on the occult feel justified in spouting arrogant and debased tosh.There are several satanic black lodges around the world and they are more organised that you could ever imagine,Tell me why you think a thing is tosh just because you think its not real, how the feck is that a intelligent and fair way to even start a debate on a subject like the occult when you have your mind already made up  when in reality you have no real occult research or understanding in the first place??

To condemn something after looking at all the facts or evidence is one thing but to condemn it with nothing more than a real lack of  real insight or research is just pure arrogance.Would you go about the condemning of other subjects in the same way??  that is condemning something based on nothing more that a vain and contempt ignorance that originates from not knowing anything about that subject regardless of ones bias before all the facts and understanding was understood, like feck you would  eh, putting ones  personal  bias before any real knowledge and the understanding that comes from it is the game with you is it not in regards to the subject of the occult but do bash on.  

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  Robust discussion, debate, disagreement is fine and indeed should be encouraged.

Outright abuse is unwarranted. If someone says something ridiculous then they're going to receive a degree of ridicule in return though.

Maroonblood22

Outright abuse is unwarranted. If someone says something ridiculous then they're going to receive a degree of ridicule in return though.

I guess playing Devil's advocate though one could argue that what may be ridiculous to some may not be ridiculous to others?

Although wait, I'm guilty of ridiculing shite footballing opinions over on the terrace... dammit, I don't know how to play internetz.

maroonlegions

Call it knowledge overload when it comes to the occult and the UFO subject lol;  yes i have often pored to much data into a post or response but i do feel its hard sometimes to explain the basis of the occult in laymans terms and my useage of the terminology used in those posts can seem feckecd up. Long winded posts or responses  to posts are probably just me trying to explain or fit to much information in.

Also my keenness, eagerness and willingness to get some information across to those not as versed as me in occult matters and  even in  a defensive way can influence the  terminology i use. Dont forget i have a big heart and i am openly concerned at  some wordley events that can and in the long run effect most people  but i only ever want to get information across if i feel it can be useful  or even start a wee interest in someone.Not saying i know it all.

Of course my sense of humor needs to be more conservative when some are ripping the pesh. Another thing, i would hate to be coming across as some kind of , well, "guru" :sultan:?  or a "know it all" :scholar:  when it comes to subjects like the occult and UFOs but like we all know the more you dig and read the more your knowledge base of those subjects increases and the more understanding of those subjects you will have over others. On that last post i also see  the  quality over the quantity  issue with having a larger knowledge base over those not so versed and it can sometimes get clogged up with information overload. 

Put it this way apart from some grammar discrepancies i akin some of my responses like this, full of  keenness and eagerness  .. "look its over there, i sware it its fecking over there, you need to check the data out before ignoring it, too many witnesses too, its fecking over there, your not going to look are you, oh well maybe another time then" lol;

Hope this is not too long winded but as you know there are none more so blind than those that refuse to see or dont want to but its all about just how far you down the rabbit hole you choose to go.

I  can  look beyond the nut jobs and con artists who infiltrate the conspiracy themes, the occult  and  the UFO situation and i have and its a totally different reality once you separate them. People and who can blame them, usually judge the character of someone first before hearing them out totally and this is were the real information gets lost.

Ok Icke puts forward to notion of the moon as a spaceship and shape shifting reptilians, one of which i disagree on but i will not let that get in the way of his other well researched information on not only the secret  occult fraternities and the ritual satanic abuse it contains but  also a POSSIBLE hidden agenda for a total totalitarian surveillance 1984 like society we all could be sleep walking into.

He even banged on about in the 1990s in some of his books about the links to number 10 and the peadophile abuses being carried out by well known politicians, tv celebrities and those in the music business.Its all there in those early books of his, look at that situation now??.He had witnesses coming forward telling him of highly organised satanic lodges attended by well known celebrities, (Edward heath), in which the ritual  abuse of children was a reality but easily covered up because of the number of powerful people in the world of politics and law  who attended them.

Feck, so much for me trying to keep this short and not long winded but such is the nature of the information and rant  it can be hard to compact it to a few sentences. :uhoh2:

Edited by maroonlegions

AlphonseCapone

Auto-suggestion that effects the subconscious  through certain occult  symbology  used in rituals but you would now that right . Tosh, your opinion but try telling that to  those that have survived  satanic ritual abuse ranging from children to all ages and from different backgrounds.Seems those like your self are who are in reality no were near versed in any literature on the occult feel justified in spouting arrogant and debased tosh.There are several satanic black lodges around the world and they are more organised that you could ever imagine,Tell me why you think a thing is tosh just because you think its not real, how the feck is that a intelligent and fair way to even start a debate on a subject like the occult when you have your mind already made up  when in reality you have no real occult research or understanding in the first place??

To condemn something after looking at all the facts or evidence is one thing but to condemn it with nothing more than a real lack of  real insight or research is just pure arrogance.Would you go about the condemning of other subjects in the same way??  that is condemning something based on nothing more that a vain and contempt ignorance that originates from not knowing anything about that subject regardless of ones bias before all the facts and understanding was understood, like feck you would  eh, putting ones  personal  bias before any real knowledge and the understanding that comes from it is the game with you is it not in regards to the subject of the occult but do bash on.  

First of all, try calming down a bit. Why do people with unconventional beliefs get really confrontational the second someone disagrees with them?

"Auto-suggestion that effects the subconscious through certain occult symbology"...sorry seems like you are on about subliminal messaging etc, this is something that has been studied in psychology and has nothing to do with the occult, even if those who claim to dabble in the occult use it. There is nothing supernatural about it.

"Satanic ritual abuse"...try telling them what? That some absolute weirdos carried out some horrible and weird shit with them? What difference does that make? Do you think if you found some radge sacrificing a goat to the frog God up Arthur's seat that proves the existence of the frog God?

"Literature of the occult"...I've read Harry Potter actually.

"Satanic black lodges"...you think the presence of people who believe in something is proof of that thing existing, every other religion in the world will be delighted to hear it.

"Tell me why you think a thing is tosh"...because there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever for the occult being anything more than silly rituals and beliefs held by crackpots. Don't take it personally though, it's no more ridiculous than going to church and praying.

You don't have any facts or evidence, not a single shred. Just because you read shit on the internet and believe it doesn't mean everyone else will believe it. You read and take in the parts you want to believe because you have a vested interest. I don't care so when I read it I see it for what it is. As it happens I think if any supernatural things did exist that would be awesome, but they don't.

It's quite clever really.

Post so much gibberish so fast and so illegibly that no one has the strength or willpower to tear it apart. 

Everyone just flat-out ignores his posts, but if you actually take the time to read (or at least, skim) them you'll find an individual in serious need of help.

niblick1874

Pahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: genuinely lol'd more than I should have at that response!

I like you, you're a bit mental eh?!

Some friends would no doubt agree with you but they mean it in a nice way, I think

niblick1874

Call it knowledge overload when it comes to the occult and the UFO subject lol;  yes i have often pored to much data into a post or response but i do feel its hard sometimes to explain the basis of the occult in laymans terms and my useage of the terminology used in those posts can seem feckecd up. Long winded posts or responses  to posts are probably just me trying to explain or fit to much information in.

Also my keenness, eagerness and willingness to get some information across to those not as versed as me in occult matters and  even in  a defensive way can influence the  terminology i use. Dont forget i have a big heart and i am openly concerned at  some wordley events that can and in the long run effect most people  but i only ever want to get information across if i feel it can be useful  or even start a wee interest in someone.Not saying i know it all.

Of course my sense of humor needs to be more conservative when some are ripping the pesh. Another thing, i would hate to be coming across as some kind of , well, "guru" :sultan:?  or a "know it all" :scholar:  when it comes to subjects like the occult and UFOs but like we all know the more you dig and read the more your knowledge base of those subjects increases and the more understanding of those subjects you will have over others. On that last post i also see  the  quality over the quantity  issue with having a larger knowledge base over those not so versed and it can sometimes get clogged up with information overload. 

Put it this way apart from some grammar discrepancies i akin some of my responses like this, full of  keenness and eagerness  .. "look its over there, i sware it its fecking over there, you need to check the data out before ignoring it, too many witnesses too, its fecking over there, your not going to look are you, oh well maybe another time then" lol;

Hope this is not too long winded but as you know there are none more so blind than those that refuse to see or dont want to but its all about just how far you down the rabbit hole you choose to go.

I  can  look beyond the nut jobs and con artists who infiltrate the conspiracy themes, the occult  and  the UFO situation and i have and its a totally different reality once you separate them. People and who can blame them, usually judge the character of someone first before hearing them out totally and this is were the real information gets lost.

Ok Icke puts forward to notion of the moon as a spaceship and shape shifting reptilians, one of which i disagree on but i will not let that get in the way of his other well researched information on not only the secret  occult fraternities and the ritual satanic abuse it contains but  also a POSSIBLE hidden agenda for a total totalitarian surveillance 1984 like society we all could be sleep walking into.

He even banged on about in the 1990s in some of his books about the links to number 10 and the peadophile abuses being carried out by well known politicians, tv celebrities and those in the music business.Its all there in those early books of his, look at that situation now??.He had witnesses coming forward telling him of highly organised satanic lodges attended by well known celebrities, (Edward heath), in which the ritual  abuse of children was a reality but easily covered up because of the number of powerful people in the world of politics and law  who attended them.

Feck, so much for me trying to keep this short and not long winded but such is the nature of the information and rant  it can be hard to compact it to a few sentences. :uhoh2:

You'll note that what Icke in the 90s wrote about concerning devil worship and pedophilia will not be mentioned as the two posts after you telling them prove. I am with you on the lizards and the moon being a spaceship thing but unfortunately the sleep walking thing is all around us  

Riddley Walker

To be fair, you can't expect to make statements like that and not be called on it. Can you post a link to where you got this information? And why do you think it is trustworthy?

There's no point in saying that all conspiracy theories are false, as there will have been tons of stuff covererd up over time. However, believing everything you read when the evidence doesn't stack up or is from an untrustworthy source is mental. So many of these conspiracy websites are absolute nonsense, written by people who believe that anything that is different from what the mainstream media report is true, regardless of contextual evidence.

The conspiracy theory debate is a different one from the occult one, and as others have pointed out believing in the occult is no more batshit mental than believing in God.

So fair play maroonlegions, at least you're being subversive in the choice of supernaturalism you believe.

The Future's Maroon

Princess Diana deliberately murdered - I think there could be something in it. Or it simply could have been a terrible accident.

Landing on the moon - dunno about this one personally, heard good arguments for and against (something about a human not being able to go through some 'belt...vanhalen belt or something due to radiation'

Elvis is alive - Don't believe for a second.

Hilter is alive (or up until recently) - could be true, loads of Nazis scuppered off to Argentina did they not.

UFO's/Aliens - Although my next one slightly contradicts myself, I dont think they have been visiting us, however....

Are we alone in the universe - I honestly don't think we are, but any other like must be light years away - and hence my above comment.

Loch Ness Monster - load of codswallop IMO.

JFK - Another tricky one for me, it could have been LHO just as much as it could have been the American Government.

The biggy for me - 9/11 - I have watched so many documentaries on this its mental (some for and some against) and I just cant come to a decision on it, I find it hard to believe it was done with no-one in the Government knowing something was going on, if you get me. WTC 7 building being a right sticking point in my head. And just to go with the theme of posting Youtube clips, the one I watched years ago which stood out was Loose Change

- some of it a bit far out there I agree, but a lot of it made me doubt myself in thinking it was only a 'terrorist attack' and nothing to do with the American Gov.

There's my tuppence-worth chucked in....I await the backlash!!

You'll note that what Icke in the 90s wrote about concerning devil worship and pedophilia will not be mentioned as the two posts after you telling them prove. I am with you on the lizards and the moon being a spaceship thing but unfortunately the sleep walking thing is all around us

Devil worship or Satanism?

Gigolo-Aunt

Princess Diana deliberately murdered - I think there could be something in it. Or it simply could have been a terrible accident.

Landing on the moon - dunno about this one personally, heard good arguments for and against (something about a human not being able to go through some 'belt...vanhalen belt or something due to radiation'

Elvis is alive - Don't believe for a second.

Hilter is alive (or up until recently) - could be true, loads of Nazis scuppered off to Argentina did they not.

UFO's/Aliens - Although my next one slightly contradicts myself, I dont think they have been visiting us, however....

Are we alone in the universe - I honestly don't think we are, but any other like must be light years away - and hence my above comment.

Loch Ness Monster - load of codswallop IMO.

JFK - Another tricky one for me, it could have been LHO just as much as it could have been the American Government.

The biggy for me - 9/11 - I have watched so many documentaries on this its mental (some for and some against) and I just cant come to a decision on it, I find it hard to believe it was done with no-one in the Government knowing something was going on, if you get me. WTC 7 building being a right sticking point in my head. And just to go with the theme of posting Youtube clips, the one I watched years ago which stood out was Loose Change

- some of it a bit far out there I agree, but a lot of it made me doubt myself in thinking it was only a 'terrorist attack' and nothing to do with the American Gov.

There's my tuppence-worth chucked in....I await the backlash!!

Or it could have been neither.

JamboInSouthsea

Jimmy Page like me takes a  great interest in the occult and Crowley.Is the occult just an conspiracy? has it any basis in daily life? cant it influence ones waking  consciousness through a form of  subconscious manipulation??  Who knows but its damn interesting to me and those who find that difficult or hard to fathom , tough.

jimmy-page-aleister-crowley-occult-inter

Oddly enough he bought Crowley's pad near Loch Ness...possibly sold it due to being haunted to feck.

For those interested in the occult, read also Dion Fortune's 'Psychic Self Defence'...make of it what you will but she was a very good psychologist and wanted to promote good will...loads of crap punted out about the occult being 'black magic' but most of that is for films and Stephen King novels.

My conspiracy theory...Thatcher and the Aregentine junta got together to start the Falklands War as both parties were in the sh*t and what better way to get the public on yer side than a war?

The only law is love

The greatest sin is to preach

Do what thy wilt

But harm no one.

michael_bolton

The problem with people citing a lack of reliable sources for conspiracy theories is that that is precisely the point of the conspiracy theory.

The 'reliable' media outlets are very close to the political establishment, this is hardly a secret. Therefore, the chances of them reporting on a major conspiracy are almost zero.

How many journalists do you reckon knew all about this sex-crime stuff involving the MPs for years? Main news outlets didn't touch it though.

AlphonseCapone

The problem with people citing a lack of reliable sources for conspiracy theories is that that is precisely the point of the conspiracy theory.

The 'reliable' media outlets are very close to the political establishment, this is hardly a secret. Therefore, the chances of them reporting on a major conspiracy are almost zero.

How many journalists do you reckon knew all about this sex-crime stuff involving the MPs for years? Main news outlets didn't touch it though.

Conspiracies exist, but 99% of the ones people think are probably not.

michael_bolton

Conspiracies exist, but 99% of the ones people think are probably not.

Of course, but the ones that do exist could really matter.

A smart trick has been to paint anyone who questions official versions of history as a tin foil hat-wearing lunatic. That ridicule is a powerful weapon. People don't question authority or hold it to account nearly as much as they should do.

Lockerbie is a close to home example. There are huge issues with that whole case. 

AlphonseCapone

A smart trick has been to paint anyone who questions official versions of history as a tin foil hat-wearing lunatic. That ridicule is a powerful weapon. People don't question authority or hold it to account nearly as much as they should do.

Lockerbie is a close to home example. There are huge issues with that whole case.

I agree to an extent but the problem with the 21st century where we have kickback and FB etc is you come across genuine tin foil hatters frequently, there are a couple frequently posting on KB just now.

People dismiss conspiracies because of these guys and the whole sheep, blind pish patter they come out with.

Ironically they do more to stifle discussion than anything else.

michael_bolton

I agree to an extent but the problem with the 21st century where we have kickback and FB etc is you come across genuine tin foil hatters frequently, there are a couple frequently posting on KB just now.

People dismiss conspiracies because of these guys and the whole sheep, blind pish patter they come out with.

Ironically they do more to stifle discussion than anything else.

Of course those people exist. However, people should always be ready to request explanations and expect the media to be robust in holding authority to account. They fail in that regard very often. Lockerbie is a great example. The way that case is reported in the media almost always fails to mention the huge controversies in the case. Why is that? The incredible (politically motivated) media fuss around Al-Megrahi's release almost totally failed to mention that there's a good chance he didn't do it. 

This clip is a comment on the kind of thing I'm talking about. Information is not something we can just trust. The media stick to the story they're given, most of the time. And people just take it in. This incident spawned a media narrative and even a movie and books that give us an official explanation that it pretty unlikely.

Edited by michael_bolton

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lockerbie isn't a good example because there are plenty of credible, independent sources out there (e.g. Paul Foot's Flight From Justice) which shows that Al-Megrahi is and was a political patsy. There will never be true justice for Lockerbie now as the UK and US needed Iran onside for Gulf War I.

michael_bolton

Lockerbie isn't a good example because there are plenty of credible, independent sources out there (e.g. Paul Foot's Flight From Justice) which shows that Al-Megrahi is and was a political patsy. There will never be true justice for Lockerbie now as the UK and US needed Iran onside for Gulf War I.

I man it's a good example of information manipulation. Also, no consequences whatsoever for those involved (the guilty parties).

Geoff Kilpatrick

I man it's a good example of information manipulation. Also, no consequences whatsoever for those involved (the guilty parties).

I would argue it's a bad example because the amount of holes in the evidence were incredible. I honestly think that had Al-Megrahi had a jury trial he would have been found innocent. Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

michael_bolton

I would argue it's a bad example because the amount of holes in the evidence were incredible. I honestly think that had Al-Megrahi had a jury trial he would have been found innocent.

That's the point. There was a conspiracy.

Felix Lighter

I would argue it's a bad example because the amount of holes in the evidence were incredible. I honestly think that had Al-Megrahi had a jury trial he would have been found innocent.

Surely then it's a good example.The vast majority of people who are less informed about Lockerbie simply accept the outcome of the investigation and subsequent trial and conviction of Al Megrahi.

Similarly with 9/11 the vast majority of people accept the version of events as laid down by the 9/11 Commission.We now know that investigation was woefully underfunded,six of the commissioners have since voiced their concerns with accusations that the politicians,the secret services and the Pentagon lied under oath.

Anyway before I start rambling my point is I guess that if as it seems in both these cases there has been a cover up, then the general public don't know the truth therefor the official versions of events are literal 'Conspiracy Theories'.    

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's the point. There was a conspiracy.

Correct and it has been exposed with evidence, not speculation.

michael_bolton

Correct and it has been exposed with evidence, not speculation.

No, it hasn't. Al Megrahi remains a convicted murderer and a lot of people believe he is guilty. The government has not acknowledged the crime it committed in convicting him nor has it made any efforts to apologise to the families of the dead, or of the dead convicted murderer.

I know it was a conspiracy, you know it was a conspiracy, but the public at large do not.

I've always found that anyone from outside Scotland who I've talked about this with is astonished to hear that there might be doubt over the conviction. Even the American families think he's guilty. Remember the media reaction when Al Megrahi was released? The reaction of the UK prime minister? The reaction of the US president? The conspiracy is still in full swing.

Edited by michael_bolton

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, it hasn't. Al Megrahi remains a convicted murderer and a lot of people believe he is guilty. The government has not acknowledged the crime it committed in convicting him nor has it made any efforts to apologise to the families of the dead, or of the dead convicted murderer.

I know it was a conspiracy, you know it was a conspiracy, but the public at large do not.

I've always found that anyone from outside Scotland who I've talked about this with is astonished to hear that there might be doubt over the conviction. Even the American families think he's guilty. Remember the media reaction when Al Megrahi was released? The reaction of the UK prime minister? The reaction of the US president? The conspiracy is still in full swing.

Point taken. I would argue though that much of that is due to a passing interest to be forgotten about more than anything.

michael_bolton

Point taken. I would argue though that much of that is due to a passing interest to be forgotten about more than anything.

I think that would be fair if not for the fuss surrounding his release. It was a huge news story, yet the accepted truth in the media and for your average punter in the street is that he's guilty.