Edinburgh Marathon. Who else did it?

Nelly Terraces

Nelly Terraces

I did the Edi mara yesterday, top race, it was a good day for it and I reckon the course was better than last years. My mate Alan did it, wi 'Jambo Al' on the back of his top (and got good few shouts in), and Bootboy100 from here did the relay. Anyone else?

Loads more entrants this year as well, about 10,000, so it meant there was more folk en route supporting, plus the weather was better so that brought out the locals to boost the support numbers. The end at Musselburgh race course was the nuts, coming down the home straight was pretty ace, with the BIG crowd giving it the large one.

I also got my PB, knockin off 4mins off my previous best time. I finished in 3hours 13mins. Was pretty well chuffed with that.

Cheers! Keep on runnin!

:527:

My cousin did it, think she finished in just over four hours.

I'd like to do it next year or the year after. Always been an ambition of mine.

Having lived down South for more years than I care to remember, I managed to do the BUPA London 10Km race today and - without having down any training - I managed to do it in just under an hour so I was well pleased. I also managed to get interviewed by the BBC, so if you want to see a very brief interview with a sad, knackered old man wearing a Hearts top look at channel 974 on Sky at 1040 tonight!

Nelly Terraces
My cousin did it, think she finished in just over four hours.

I'd like to do it next year or the year after. Always been an ambition of mine.

Good stuff. Say 'well done' to her from me:).

It's hard work mate, but if she's done it, maybe hook up train with her, anyone can do it, you just need to apply the mind to it and motivate yourself to go out running when it's brass monkeys outside:confused:.

Worth it for the amount of champagne and top quality steak I downed last night.:P Stroll on.

Cheers.

Nelly Terraces
Having lived down South for more years than I care to remember, I managed to do the BUPA London 10Km race today and - without having down any training - I managed to do it in just under an hour so I was well pleased. I also managed to get interviewed by the BBC, so if you want to see a very brief interview with a sad, knackered old man wearing a Hearts top look at channel 974 on Sky at 1040 tonight!

Haha, quality mate. Under an hour for a 1st 10k wi no training is pretty impressive.

What channel is it actually on, I'll have a gander.

Cheers mate, it's on channel 974. It was shown at lunch time & tea time, so hopefully they'll show it again. Might get some money for repeats, lol.

Nelly Terraces
Cheers mate, it's on channel 974. It was shown at lunch time & tea time, so hopefully they'll show it again. Might get some money for repeats, lol.

Dude, whats the NAME of the channel? I'm on Virgin, it'll be a different number there.

Cheers, again, well done.

For an old fecker like you that is unbelievable.

You should meet up with Nelly T next time he is London and go for a run together. Having seen his pic on KB a few times it would be like Plug and David Dodds running together.

Saw you were at the Hull game Saturday, say congrats to the wife from me.

Nelly Terraces
For an old fecker like you that is unbelievable.

You should meet up with Nelly T next time he is London and go for a run together. Having seen his pic on KB a few times it would be like Plug and David Dodds running together.

Saw you were at the Hull game Saturday, say congrats to the wife from me.

That's not what yer Mrs said the last time I was on a horizontal athletics training session with her. ;)

Buggers didn't show it, obviously didn't want t pay me repeat fees, lol!

Cheers Deek, she was well chuffed - to the extent that we've got season tickets for next season!

I did it....it was my first and last! The wind was a nightmare I thought! not to mention the gravel at Gosford House!!! Added probably an hour to my time! Not to bothered though, raised over ?1000 for Alzheimer Scotland and never doing one again!!

Well done to all who entered, a great achievement!! ! :097:

Nelly Terraces
I did it....it was my first and last! The wind was a nightmare I thought! not to mention the gravel at Gosford House!!! Added probably an hour to my time! Not to bothered though, raised over ?1000 for Alzheimer Scotland and never doing one again!!

Well done to all who entered, a great achievement!! ! :097:

Well done mate. Yeah, that stoney bit was torture. Have you got a website to donate to your charity? I'd like to contribute. Congrats, top work!!!

Carl Weathers

Well done to the guys involved.

How much training do you have to do Nelly? I take it you are a regular runner anyway.

Nelly Terraces
Well done to the guys involved.

How much training do you have to do Nelly? I take it you are a regular runner anyway.

Yeah, I'm out running all the time, or in the gym doing weights and core work, as I'm sort of continually training for events, I do quite a few ? marathons when training for the full jobs. I do have a proper schedule though that lasts 12 weeks. Most are 16 weeks, and would include some sort of running or exercise at least 5 days out a week if you start from scratch, if you're thinking of doing one.

My next full marathon is Chicago in October. Can't wait, did it in '05 and it was unreal, 40,000 runners, massive event, millions lining the route. Blinding.

Cheers.

I have a couple of photos of Jambo's on bebo (bebo.com/GogsH). I didn't see many Hearts colours yesterday.

Unfortunately I was changing batteries in my camera as JamboAl passed so I've just got his back.

Could Nelly be the guy in the Navy Hearts training top? Feel free to PM me your e-mail if you're in any and I'll forward them on.

I've got loads more to upload so feel free to visit later in the week to see if yer in there.

Walter Payton
I have a couple of photos of Jambo's on bebo (bebo.com/GogsH). I didn't see many Hearts colours yesterday.

Unfortunately I was changing batteries in my camera as JamboAl passed so I've just got his back.

Could Nelly be the guy in the Navy Hearts training top? Feel free to PM me your e-mail if you're in any and I'll forward them on.

I've got loads more to upload so feel free to visit later in the week to see if yer in there.

Some cracking photos mate, but I couldn't see Nelly in any of them!

had a look too but i'm nowhere to be seen.

did you see the guy dressed up in a massive rhino costume!!!

he must have done it in about 8-9 hours!!!

had a look too but i'm nowhere to be seen.

did you see the guy dressed up in a massive rhino costume!!!

he must have done it in about 8-9 hours!!!

Yeah, got a pic of him on the way down but wasn't around for him coming back!

There was a guy in a pair of Hearts shorts who was going at a fair rate of knots that I also missed. He was fairly near the front too (maybe in first 100).

I'll upload more onto bebo or photobucket or something and i'll post a link tomorrow (well, later today).

Whether you're in there or not, everyone who did it is a hero. Well done lads and lassies.

rambothejambo

Congrats to all who completed Edinburgh marathon, I know from past experiences what it takes both physically and mentally! I completed 3 Edinburgh marathons back in the eighties in 3:02/3:04 & 3:06, it broke me mentally that I couldn't do it in under the magic 3 hours. Especially well done to all those who also raised money for various charities, it's even harder knowing you just can't give up before the end. My lasting memory was the last four miles, do they still feel like fourteen?

it was my 1st marathon, and i think it'll be my last.

had only ran up to about 20-21 miles in training and hadnt considered the wind being so strong, so basically i was "running" hahaha aye right..... on empty for the lat 6 or so miles. looking back i should have done more training.

The ?1000 raised helped me get to the end eventually though! i think if i ever have an urge to raise money for charity again i'll just do a sky dive, that has to be easier!!

Mind you i would still recommend doing a marathon to anyone who is considering it, just go for it!!! its such a good feeling knowing you made it!!!

Bootboy100

As Nelly says I did the last leg of the hairy haggis.

1st time I have ever run in an organised event and the atmosphere and experience was amazing.

Now planning to step up and run a 10k and get more practice in as I now know what it needs to be prepared!!

Was my first marathon and completed it in 5 hours 31 mins. the worst part for me was going along the promenade at Portabello. The wind was whipping up the sand something awful and blowing right into the face. Not the best.

Raised over ?1200 pounds for MacMillan's though so it was well worth the effort.

Got my name down for next year..

Anybody the completed it deserves a big congratulations and a pat on the back. You put your body and mind through a lot of turture but you get such a buzz when you run down the finishing straight and across the line.

I was the one with the megaphone ( some say it wasn't needed.....)calling out the runners' numbers at the first relay changeover at Musselburgh Links.

Still thawing out.

Archived