Alloa Dot Count

Footballfirst

an exciting time to be a dot-counter, we haven't had many evening KOs since dot-counting was invented

more same-day sales and walk-ups today than on a Saturday, or fewer?

I'd say if the sun keeps shining, it'll end up rammed 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fxxx the SPFL

11000 empty seats whatever way you cut it.

13000 fester road takes 22k now.

Fxxx the SPFL

The capacity is 20,451

apologies i thought it had gone up to 22k after the last meccano stand had gone up.

We_are_the_Hearts

apologies i thought it had gone up to 22k after the last meccano stand had gone up.

Wasn't sure myself so googled it

Can't wait for the game tonight. It'd be great if there's a late surge to take us over 15.5k but as mentioned before, really good crowd considering the league's already won.

Slightly off topic but did anyone else notice that in the QOS away programme, they listed not only the overall crowd but also the number of away fans. I don't normally buy programmes but I can't remember seeing this before. Hearts had the biggest away support at Palmerston and the smallest was for a midweek game against a team from the highlands who brought (if I remember rightly) 2 supporters!

Gorgie   -    2

Main      -    Gone

H           -   62

J            -    2

K           -  98

Total     -  164

Gorgie   -    1

Main      -    1

H           -   51

J            -    4

K           -  69

Total     -  126

Now ALL you guys buying tickets - you do know that Robbie is going to play some fringe players tonight?    ;)

Now ALL you guys buying tickets - you do know that Robbie is going to play some fringe players tonight?    ;)

Naughty, naughty Thomaso, but appeals to my sense of humour  :2thumbsup:

By the way, if we had taken that match you refer to seriously, we could have added another piece of silver to the trophy cabinet :toff: , albeit not one to parade on open top bus!

Hopefully The Rangers will get their 4th opportunity to win it next season & have H1b5 to challenge them :laugh4:

Clerry Jambo

Gorgie   -    1

Main      -    1

H           -   51

J            -    4

K           -  69

Total     -  126

Gorgie   -    2

Main      -    Gone

H           -   46

J            -    4

K           -  55

Total     -  107

KingsknoweKid

I love the Dot Count, aside from winning games it is exciting to watch the number of Dots get smaller!!

I know, I need to get out more :-)

I love the Dot Count, aside from winning games it is exciting to watch the number of Dots get smaller!!

I know, I need to get out more :-)

It's better than the games.  Seeing the tactics and how the numbers flow.  Sometimes there's a wee setback when a number goes up as someone releases a seat.  Waiting for K to open; wondering who will snatch the lone seat in a section.  It's brilliant.

(mostly in jest)

Gorgie   -      2

Main      -      2

Wheatfield - 1

H           -     45

J            -      6

K           -     37

Total     -     93

SwindonJambo

For an end of season dead rubber that truly is fantastic.  I really hope the club's current upward trajectory is maintained.  For the games I've come up for this season, I thought the atmosphere and upbeatness around Tynie is the best it's been in many, many years and all down to our own efforts and not fueled by the bent bread of a madman.

Brilliant stuff, fellow Jambos.

Why would you not want to go to Tynecastle tonight? The weather is fantastic. Have a few beers after work then along to Tynecastle to see The Champions. Great way to spend a Wednesday night.

Can't see many more tickets being sold after yesterdays performance.

The glory hunters will disappear again until we reach a cup final

Appears as suspected this was nonsense.

Can't wait for the game tonight. It'd be great if there's a late surge to take us over 15.5k but as mentioned before, really good crowd considering the league's already won.

Slightly off topic but did anyone else notice that in the QOS away programme, they listed not only the overall crowd but also the number of away fans. I don't normally buy programmes but I can't remember seeing this before. Hearts had the biggest away support at Palmerston and the smallest was for a midweek game against a team from the highlands who brought (if I remember rightly) 2 supporters!

Our away support has been bigger than rangers this season and it could quite possibly be the biggest in the country.

Ecce Romanov

Gorgie   -      2

Main      -      2

Wheatfield - 1

H           -     45

J            -      6

K           -     37

Total     -     93

c'mon everyone. Let's get them all sold

mainstandjambo

c'mon everyone. Let's get them all sold

The rest of Section K has now been opened. That's a further 277 seats.

Gorgie   -      2

Main      -      0

Wheatfield - 2

H           -     42

J            -      3

K           -    285

Total     -    334

Why would you not want to go to Tynecastle tonight? The weather is fantastic. Have a few beers after work then along to Tynecastle to see The Champions. Great way to spend a Wednesday night.

This is it in a nutshell for me, after standing / sitting freezing at most games lately, I'm really looking forward to a few beers and then on to Tynie for the match.

mainstandjambo

Wheatfield - 1

Gorgie - 2

Main - 1

H - 37

J - 2

K - 257

Total - 300

I would reckon that there are between 15,400 and 15,500 home tickets sold at present. Might be slightly less as there will be season ticketholders who are not attending and haven't put tickets back for re-sale. Still a brilliant turnout for midweek game.

Cast No Shadow

Another crowd in the region of 15,250 tonight, plus roughly 15,750 against Raith Rovers next weekend and then a sellout against Rangers on the final day means our end of season average will be a little over 16,000.

That's good of course, but it should be like that more or less every season for a club of our stature from the country's capital city.

Independence

I am unable to attend this evening and have 1 x adult and 1 x child available. How do I return it to the club ?

The Treasurer

Appears as suspected this was nonsense.

Delighted to be proved wrong.

I'm guessing the weather and school holidays could be a factor.

Cast No Shadow

I am unable to attend this evening and have 1 x adult and 1 x child available. How do I return it to the club ?

Phone the ticket office.

The Treasurer

Can't see many more tickets being sold after yesterdays performance.

The glory hunters will disappear again until we reach a cup final

Despite the official attendance, the large amount of empty seats would appear to justify my prediction that some slated me for.

Fxxx the SPFL

Despite the official attendance, the large amount of empty seats would appear to justify my prediction that some slated me for.

i think most of the empty seats were season ticket holders not turning up.

Most empty seats were already paid for so not sure what your point is here, apart from slagging off Hearts fans 

Before anybody goes down the 'Hibee-esque' spin that our attendances are some sort of con -

The official attendance was 15,156.  The capacity of Tynecastle is 17,420 - therefore there were 2,264 empty seats last night.

Are you suggesting that there were more than 2,264 empty seats?

Most empty seats were already paid for so not sure what your point is here, apart from slagging off Hearts fans

Think he is suggesting that the individuals who shelled out good money for Season tickets, but could not attend last night, are 'Glory Hunters'.

Which, of course, is horseshit

wentworth jambo

Over 15,000 for a dead rubber is still a hell of a crowd....especially when you see the Hobo crowd last night - bearing in mind they still have things to play for, to only just break the 1,000 barrier is shocking for the best team in the league

Over 15,000 for a dead rubber is still a hell of a crowd....especially when you see the Hobo crowd last night - bearing in mind they still have things to play for, to only just break the 1,000 barrier is shocking for the best team in the league

CORRECT!

We should also note that some seats will have been sold twice - where Season holders have released these. It was noticable in the up & down of the dot counts (per section) that this was happening more than usual (perhaps because midweek).

It is not possible to link attendance with sales.

wentworth jambo

We should also note that some seats will have been sold twice - where Season holders have released these. It was noticable in the up & down of the dot counts (per section) that this was happening more than usual (perhaps because midweek).

It is not possible to link attendance with sales.

Cracking point - wonder if there's been any games where we've actually sold more than our capacity ????

Archived