Alloa Dot Count

Footballfirst

With it being Alloa, I wonder if the club would consider putting seats aside for unemployed Jambos who for obvious reasons can't afford to get along to a match. I'm sure this was done many years ago.

I appreciate Hearts will no doubt already give free tickets away to schools, youth clubs etc, just a thought with all the good things happening at the club just now

Nice thought, would help skint families in the easter holidays.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following a couple of cheeky chardonnays I'm seeing a 6-0 win at Ibrox and 25,000 for Alloa!

Nearly bedtime.

Ecce Romanov

Like another poster this will be my sons first night-time game. Love a game under the floodlights

Fxxx the SPFL

Like another poster this will be my sons first night-time game. Love a game under the floodlights

Hope he enjoys it will still be light at kick off ha ha.

Clerry Jambo

Gorgie - 1

Wheatfield - Sold Out

Main - 1

H - 183

J - 1

Total - 186

Gorgie - 1

Wheatfield - Sold Out

Main - 1

H - 179

J - 1

Total - 182

Clerry Jambo

Gorgie - Sold Out

Wheatfield - Sold Out

Main - 1

H - 167

J - 1

Total - 169

Gorgie - Sold Out

Wheatfield - Sold Out

Main - Gone

H - 157

J - 1

Total - 158

Gorgie - Sold Out

Main - Sold Out

Wheatfield - Sold Out

J - Sold Out

H - 138

Total - 138

The Treasurer

Can't see many more tickets being sold after yesterdays performance.

The glory hunters will disappear again until we reach a cup final

Ecce Romanov

By Wed evening the remaining seats will be all but sold out. The prospect of reasonable/good weather, a few beers after work and a game under the floodlights will easily see to that.

By Wed evening the remaining seats will be all but sold out. The prospect of reasonable/good weather, a few beers after work and a game under the floodlights will easily see to that.

Exactly. Just another totally OTT post with no semblance of reality. Crowds have been superb and anyone with half a brain whilst disappointed in yesterday's performance can see the bigger picture of the success of the season and the progress the club is making on and off the field. Not much more than a year ago we didn't even know if we'd have a future and yet after absolutely pishing a league with both Rangers and Hibs in it we have incredible reactions to a defeat at Ibrox. Some people need a serious lie down.

Nonsense

The Treasurer

Exactly. Just another totally OTT post with no semblance of reality. Crowds have been superb and anyone with half s brain whilst disappointed in yesterday's performance can see the bigger picture of the success of the season and the progress the club is making on and off the field. Not much more than a year ago we didn't even know if we'd have a future and yet after absolutely pishing a league with both Rangers and Hibs in it we have incredible reactions to a defeat at Ibrox. Some people need a serious lie down.

Most of the "extra" fans who have been turning up this season have done so for the right reasons (to back their club after nearly losing the club completely).

There will however be some who have been going along this season purely because the team is winning most weeks.

That's what happens with football, we're not different from any other team in that respect. 

So what I'm saying is that fans in that latter category who were thinking about going on Wednesday but hadn't bought a ticket yet are less likely to do so now after a poor performance.

Still should be a very good crowd for a midweek match v Alloa.

Most of the "extra" fans who have been turning up this season have done so for the right reasons (to back their club after nearly losing the club completely).

There will however be some who have been going along this season purely because the team is winning most weeks.

That's what happens with football, we're not different from any other team in that respect.

So what I'm saying is that fans in that latter category who were thinking about going on Wednesday but hadn't bought a ticket yet are less likely to do so now after a poor performance.

Still should be a very good crowd for a midweek match v Alloa.

So basically now you've considered how over the top your original comment was your backtracking. Good man. Next season will see record season ticket sales.

Can we just remind ourselves that Aberdeen, enjoying their best league season in 20 years and supposedly still challenging for the title ( :D ) had 12700 on Saturday. We'll have 15000+ for a midweek game against Alloa!

The Treasurer

So basically now you've considered how over the top your original comment was your backtracking. Good man. Next season will see record season ticket sales.

No don't see anything "over the top" about my original post.

Just thought it needed a bit explaining for the hard of thinking.

Next season will see good ST sales I fully agree with that, but it remains to be seen if it produces "record" ST sales.

Still going to be a damned good crowd for mid-week. Looking forward to the boys bouncing back to form

Don't know if it's been mentioned but this is our first midweek home game of the season. :arry:

Love a midweek game.

For what it's worth too I'm going to have an under 18 ticket somewhere in the Roseburn which I'm looking to just give away. Only bought it to increase my loyalty points to secure a derby ticket.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't know if it's been mentioned but this is our first midweek home game of the season. :arry:

Love a midweek game.

For what it's worth too I'm going to have an under 18 ticket somewhere in the Roseburn which I'm looking to just give away. Only bought it to increase my loyalty points to secure a derby ticket.

Be careful King James!!!!

Love a midweek game.

Blatant point harvesting, tut tut.

But how many will alloa bring. After getting humped by livi in the petrofuc cup my guess is lucky if 100. It was embarrassing the last home game against them the amount of fans they brought. Still expensive night out of you are down on yer uppers

Francis Albert

It's going to be an astonishing crowd for a nothing at stake game against Alloa in the second division.

davemclaren

It's going to be an astonishing crowd for a nothing at stake game against Alloa in the second division.

Absolutely.

About to free up a couple of seats in the Wheatfield as getting pished heading to hospitality for this one :D

Thanks JKB :thumbsup:

Following my disastrous score prediction against Deadco, am working feverishly hard on this one.  Robbie's strict training regime is working on me too and like the team, I just took my foot off the pedal for Deadco.

Won't happen again.

15,000 crowd.

Tremendous.

Bet it will be more than they get at the Giro on Sunday despite 3,800 Jambos swelling the ranks.

Cast No Shadow

But how many will alloa bring. After getting humped by livi in the petrofuc cup my guess is lucky if 100. It was embarrassing the last home game against them the amount of fans they brought. Still expensive night out of you are down on yer uppers

You do realise Alloa are a part-time club?

Please tell me you do.

Roseburn:

H-72

K-211

Main:

N3-1

S-1

T2-1

Gorgie:

V-1

Total: 287

mainstandjambo

Gorgie   -    1

Main      -    1

H           -   74

J            -    3

K           -  180

Total    -   259 

Assuming Alloa bring about 100 fans, it looks like a crowd in the region of 15,500. 

Still good going by the Maroon faithfull this season.  Our lowest home league attendance is 14,848(Livi) and Hibs have only beaten that twice.  Once against us and once agaisnt the Huns.  The last game against the Huns only just got over the 14000 mark.  On their official website, the fail to mention their attendances on the majority of their games, embarrassment I guess

If us and Hibs had to get 12K on average to break even, how will they survive another season in the Championship.  They won't attract even a 10K crowd if us an Rangers both go up.

Should we loan them a DOT COUNTER to urge them on???

Naa F*$k em

luckyBatistuta

They can only dream of a crowd that size on a Wednesday night against a team like Alloa. Looking forward to bouncing back to winning ways though...3-0 to the mighty JT's

Saturday's application and mind set better left behind as it would be disrespectful to the 15000+ crowd who've made the effort to turn up. If I was Robbie I'd be pinning that on the dressing room wall. Same goes for Sunday against the Vermin. 3500 made the effort so must they.

Still good going by the Maroon faithfull this season.  Our lowest home league attendance is 14,848(Livi) and Hibs have only beaten that twice.  Once against us and once agaisnt the Huns.  The last game against the Huns only just got over the 14000 mark.  On their official website, the fail to mention their attendances on the majority of their games, embarrassment I guess

If us and Hibs had to get 12K on average to break even, how will they survive another season in the Championship.  They won't attract even a 10K crowd if us an Rangers both go up.

Naa F*$k em

Not necessarily a bad thing if both us and Rangers go up, as if they are at the top of the league next season (a very big IF) then they will average 10,000+. Seen that in 1998/99, when they averaged 10,500, I think. Not quite 12,000 though.

Gorgie   -    1

Main      -    3

Wheatfield - 2

H           -   73

J            -    3

K           -  164

Total    -   246

Naa F*$k em

I did a dot count for the Hibs v QOS game a few days before the game. 5600 or so empty seats. If Hibs ever had a dot counter he's now dead.

I did a dot count for the Hibs v QOS game a few days before the game. 5600 or so empty seats. If Hibs ever had a dot counter he's now dead.

Would've been a lot more than that mate. Less than 9.000 at the game and it holds 20k+

You were only about 5500 out to be fair!

Would've been a lot more than that mate. Less than 9.000 at the game and it holds 20k+

You were only about 5500 out to be fair!

Season ticket holders not turning up and the whole South stand was empty.

Probably saw them win the Scottish Cup though!!!

Season ticket holders not turning up and the whole South stand was empty.

11000 empty seats whatever way you cut it.

The Internet

Can make it to this one \o/ Predicting a comfortable but unspectacular 2-0 win.

mainstandjambo

Gorgie   -    2

Main      -    1

H           -   66

J            -    3 

K           -  102

Total     -  174

Archived