Underrated footballers

Hansel

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Bruno Soriano and Cani are probably two of the most underrated players of their generation.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruno Soriano and Cani are probably two of the most underrated players of their generation.

You Cani be serious.

For hearts, (climbs into his asbestos suit) Neil MacFarlane was very underrated in my opinion. Let the flaming begin.....

I agree. Never put a foot wrong. 

For hearts, (climbs into his asbestos suit) Neil MacFarlane was very underrated in my opinion. Let the flaming begin.....

No argument from me.

Scott Severin.

Rarely see his name mentioned these days but I thought he was outstanding for us.

He is not mentioned anymore because he works on the rigs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

Up until recently I always felt Jamie Walker was seriously underrated by most Hearts fans.  

Kenny Black!  Took a lot of stick from fans at times, but never hid and always made himself available for the ball.  Not an outstanding player by a million miles, but I always felt he was one of those players who you don't appreciate what he does for the team until he's not there.

chuck berrys hairline

Robert Tomaschek sure he was Slovakian captain at the time. Bloody fudge knees :(

BASIL_HEARTS

for hearts i thought Ian Mcfarlane was fairly underrated he did a good job at us

Premiership i would say Benayoun, Gareth Barry and Dzeko

for hearts i thought Ian Mcfarlane was fairly underrated he did a good job at us

Premiership i would say Benayoun, Gareth Barry and Dzeko

Benayoun is a good shout. Barry on the other hand...

He is not mentioned anymore because he works on the rigs now.

Ha! I meant in reference to him being a good player for Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Davies at Tottenham Hotspur. Moved last summer at the same time Luke Shaw went to Manchester United, but he is a significantly better player in my opinion. Manchester United should have got him instead.

Benayoun is a good shout. Barry on the other hand...

Barry is a great shout.Great engine and passer of a ball.City let him go too early.Last season he was great for Everton.

Proved a lot of the Everton doubters wrong.

stirlingshirejambo

Was kevin mcallister rated? I remember the 98 semi final at ibrox, I must have been about 6 or 7 but thought he was amazing.

Definitely not under rated by Falkirk fans.

I noticed they had a large Kevin McAllister flag in the away end at Dumfries last week

Barry is a great shout.Great engine and passer of a ball.City let him go too early.Last season he was great for Everton.

Proved a lot of the Everton doubters wrong.

Not for me, I think he has been rated quite highly through his career, he was good at Villa but got found out at City and at International level.

Definitely not under rated by Falkirk fans.

I noticed they had a large Kevin McAllister flag in the away end at Dumfries last week

I noticed that aswell actually, I just remember as a kid thinking he was amazing that day and it stuck in my memory, did he not score a great goal aswell?

wheatfield to sheffield

Very good tennis player

Kenwyne Jones. A lot of folk think he is utter pony but I think he is a great hold up man. Not a prolific goalscorer but I think he brings something to his team mates

Kenny Black! Took a lot of stick from fans at times, but never hid and always made himself available for the ball. Not an outstanding player by a million miles, but I always felt he was one of those players who you don't appreciate what he does for the team until he's not there.

great shouts

Bazzas right boot

Tin hat on.

Barry Ferguson, pretty much strolled every game I seen him play, Rangers, Scotland and even in the EPL he wasn't out of place. Remembering him bossing France and Italy at times.

Obvisouly a bit of a tadger off the park, but one of the best midfielders I have seen play for Scotland.

Has his haters, but in my lifetime, I haven't seen a Scottish midfielder so comfortable on the ball, and actually look like a midfielder as opposed to players such as Scott Brown who run about hitting folk, can't score and can't pass water.

RealMaroonCF

Barasa.

Thought he looked a decent player. Similarly Kancelskis that we had.

I'd also say Boyack. Thought he did really well for Levein.

Glue is it?

Underrated random eleven

1. Roddy MacKenzie

2. Stevie Frail

3. Neil Pointon

4. Neil MacFarlane

5. Neil Berry

6. Willie Jamieson

7. Alan Johnston

8. Jim Bett

9. Jim Hamilton

10. Alan Lawrence

11. John Millar

Barasa was something of a scapegoat as far as I was concerned.

Struggled at the beginning but became a very solid player in the end.

Unknown user

Underrated random eleven

1. Roddy MacKenzie

2. Stevie Frail

3. Neil Pointon

4. Neil MacFarlane

5. Neil Berry

6. Willie Jamieson

7. Alan Johnston

8. Jim Bett

9. Jim Hamilton

10. Alan Lawrence

11. John Millar

Roddy McKenzie was a rotten goalie and Stevie Frail was our POTY in his first season with us IIRC.

Jim Bett's well respected I'd say and no hearts fan who remembers him under rates Disa do they?

Apart from that... ;)

Derek Ferguson. Never seemed to be doing that much, until he left and the side fell apart.

Roddy McKenzie was a rotten goalie and Stevie Frail was our POTY in his first season with us IIRC.

Jim Bett's well respected I'd say and no hearts fan who remembers him under rates Disa do they?

Apart from that... ;)

Roddy was alright.......better than Garry O'Connor, Myles Hogarth, Craig Nelson and Tepi (for me) anyway!  Other points, valid...... :-)

Unknown user

Roddy was alright.......better than Garry O'Connor, Myles Hogarth, Craig Nelson and Tepi (for me) anyway! Other points, valid...... :-)

He wasn't quite as bad as that horrific list to be fair but I reckon he's the next one up the list!

Alessio tacchinardi was a standout for me despite having huge success with juventus he only played 13 times for Italy and probably wouldn't be in most people's minds when naming the juventus team that made 4 back to back champions league finals.

ArcticJambo

Marcos Senna

Good shout, although he did seem to eventually get the recognition he undoubtedly deserved when Villarreal made a good go at La Liga and the CL.

Bert Le Clos

Hasan Salihamidzic

Shout actually.

I thought Thomas Hitzlsperger was a great player. Very surprised he didn't move onto bigger things after winning the Bundesliga with Stuttgart. Got to assume clubs were worried about his injury prone-ness. Can't believe he managed over 50 caps for Germany though!

heartofgold

Derek Ferguson. Never seemed to be doing that much, until he left and the side fell apart.

words from my mouth, taken.

I thought he was the most skillful player

:2thumbsup:  

Archived