Ray Winstone

Fajitas - Awesome or Too Fussy.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Fajitas - Awesome or Too Fussy.

• Awesome
    • Far too fussy - canny be ersed
    • Minging

Ray Winstone

Just had them for dinner - I happen to think that when done properly Fajitas are the muts nuts - but some would not agree.

Heard them described as "fussy food" and some people cant be bothered with them.

chester copperpot
awesome

I follow a strict rule when ordering Fajita's.

Dont order from pub's, experience tell me they are not authentic.

Only order from Mexican restaurants that are actually any good. Chiquita's or the such are not great, made by people who've never been to a Mexican restaurant, let alone lived in Mexico.

Good Fajita's are pure awesome though. :dribble:

chester copperpot

I'd like to add that my missus makes some superb Fajita's, but I prefer it to be served with a bit of rice rather than some tortilla wraps, but it may just be me.

If its served with a bit of coconut rice, it just adds to the awesomeness. ;)

Ray Winstone
I'd like to add that my missus makes some superb Fajita's, but I prefer it to be served with a bit of rice rather than some tortilla wraps, but it may just be me.

If its served with a bit of coconut rice, it just adds to the awesomeness. ;)

Good call on the rice - sometimes I will have one in a wrap and then some with some Rice - cant beat it.

Fajitas are great, even my home made efforts are tasty.

Only had them at a restaurant once (coconut grove) and they were fantastic.

chester copperpot
Good call on the rice - sometimes I will have one in a wrap and then some with some Rice - cant beat it.

It has to be good rice though, none of this sheckt that gets boiled for 15 mins and thats it.

My missus actually makes the sauce quite thick, so it can go as a main dish with rice, but I like the torilla's aswell, so your suggestion is striking a chord with me just now mate. :dribble:

Ray Winstone
It has to be good rice though, none of this sheckt that gets boiled for 15 mins and thats it.

My missus actually makes the sauce quite thick, so it can go as a main dish with rice, but I like the torilla's aswell, so your suggestion is striking a chord with me just now mate. :dribble:

Definitely go for a cheeky wee combo - just an excuse to get ur missus to make extra.

chester copperpot
Definitely go for a cheeky wee combo - just an excuse to get ur missus to make extra.

I really really dont need an excuse mate.

Now back to your studying. :)

CompleteIdiot

I am more of an enchilada person. Fajitas are good though. I am not so hot on tacos.

CompleteIdiot
yummy yummy in my tummy.

Also like Burritos....

Burritos!

How many ways can Mexicans wrap foods?

The best thing Mexico ever gave us.

Had some last night with the other half, nothing worse than finishing them and still feeling hungry.

On a side note; Sour Cream? Or no Sour Cream?

chester copperpot

Had some last night with the other half, nothing worse than finishing them and still feeling hungry.

The sour cream takes the nip off the inevitable Hot Salsa I have with mine's so I'm normally all for it.

Ray Winstone

No sour cream - I like them very spicy!

No sour cream - I like them very spicy!

So do I, but the sour cream gives them a different dimension on flavour.

Ray Winstone
So do I, but the sour cream gives them a different dimension on flavour.

Not so much the taste but the consistency of Sour Cream I just dont like - same problem with guacamole.

Carl Fredrickson

I was in Perth last night for a gig (The Levellers) and we went to THE Mexican restaurant in Perth (on George Street) and it was truly awesome.

My preiouse favourite was the one on Victoria Street in Edinburgh but the one on Perth was even better.

Fajitas in Mexican restaurants are the mutts nuts - but there is so much more on offer that one should try other things too!

Legend Claws

They are great but only with high quality ingredients, I agree with the poster that said they tend to be shocking in pubs.

ArmiyaRomanova

A question...

Is there anywhere in Edinburgh that does good breakfast burritos?

Commander Harris

I fecking love fajitas. They are perhaps the greatest food on the planet eva, no exagertation.

love it!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant. The one thing I would never complain about making for my ex-bird (she couldn't cook). In fact, loved fajitas so much I secretly hated her every time she said she wasn't in the mood for them

They are great but only with high quality ingredients, I agree with the poster that said they tend to be shocking in pubs.

True. A lot of places can make their money's worth by packing it full of veg, especially peppers, in order to disguise the lack of chicken or beef in the dish.

Legend Claws
Fajitas are great, even my home made efforts are tasty.

Only had them at a restaurant once (coconut grove) and they were fantastic.

Coconut Grove is a jem!

I like some rice and re-fried beans too!

Legend Claws
Amazing

I love all mexican food,wish you could get it delivered.

It is my favourite without a doubt but has to be done well with the freshest ingredients.

Was lucky enough to work in San Diego (coaching 'soccer') and stayed with local families within which a lot of the wives were Mexican so was treatd to sublime home made mexican every night!

Chicken Enchilladas with chocolate mmmmmm!!!

Guest juvehearts

depends on what you have in it lol

i prefer mine with sweet chile but with a pesto sauce.

as for the boy's that make the wife's to make them, shame on you, its not exactaly rocket science to make them!!!!

and scores a few points too.

saying that i dont really have a choice being a chef!!!

arfurdaley
I follow a strict rule when ordering Fajita's.

Dont order from pub's, experience tell me they are not authentic.

Only order from Mexican restaurants that are actually any good. Chiquita's or the such are not great, made by people who've never been to a Mexican restaurant, let alone lived in Mexico.

Good Fajita's are pure awesome though. :dribble:

Would agree with the above.

vegas-voss

I have one of thoses Quesidilla makers.Brilliant bit of kit great for making lunch at home only trouble is when i make them i end up having to make them for the next 5 days as they are that good.

duckandcover

Fajitas are very nice. The fajitas in Cargo at Fountainbridge are different class.

Midloth_Iain
I fecking love fajitas. They are perhaps the greatest food on the planet eva, no exagertation.

love it!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. Thank you Mexico for giving us food from the gods. :)

Hearts of Vladland
I have one of thoses Quesidilla makers.Brilliant bit of kit great for making lunch at home only trouble is when i make them i end up having to make them for the next 5 days as they are that good.

I've got one as well there a easy snack and quick to make just like a toastie

Archived