Bob Gristle

I dare not search for a video but I thought it was about 4 yards. The mind plays funny tricks :baby:

He was just inside the penalty box from memory. (A memory that I wast to keep locked away and never revisit!)

Kello

Barasa, R. McDonald, A McManus, Cowie

Guerin, M. Stewart, John Millar, 

Iain Ferguson (beanpole), I Baird, J.L. Valois

Nookie Bear

Surely Miko has to be on there somewhere. The absolute definition of enigmatic!

I don;t think many on this thread know what 'enigma' means.

Perhaps Cult Hero XI is better

Bob Gristle

He was just inside the penalty box from memory. (A memory that I wast to keep locked away and never revisit!)

It shows you the lengths confirmation bias goes to keep animosity for petric in one's mind. Cheers for that. He's still a dick haha

Bob Gristle

I don;t think many on this thread know what 'enigma' means.

Perhaps Cult Hero XI is better

I left it open to interpretation. Like, Pinilla was more an overall enigma and Miko an on field one. Both cult heroes. I'll let others decide and dae what they feel. It's just a thread on the internetz

Darren Jackson

Kingston certainly and his age adds to that - could be brilliant, rubbish, stupid (red card at Pittodrie and what followed) and lazy

someone Robbie Neilson learned from what not to have at the club

Major Disappointment IX

I P Knightley

Mark deVries.

Seriously.

How many four-goal pumpings did he hand out after the first one? Definitely failed to live up to his early promise.

Battles,  Bauld, Mckay   Robertson  etc.. lets have a 100 year view. 

Bob Gristle

Mark deVries.

Seriously.

How many four-goal pumpings did he hand out after the first one? Definitely failed to live up to his early promise.

Ha. You said seriously so I'll take it as given. Harsh but your choice. Certainly we hoped he'd be a 20+ a season. Think he was more a 15 kinda guy?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ha. You said seriously so I'll take it as given. Harsh but your choice. Certainly we hoped he'd be a 20+ a season. Think he was more a 15 kinda guy?

Scored for us in Europe against very good teams, and scored against the Old Firm. He was a fantastic servant by my barometer, but everyone will have a different view.

Bob Gristle

Scored for us in Europe against very good teams, and scored against the Old Firm. He was a fantastic servant by my barometer, but everyone will have a different view.

I'm very much with you Charlie. I'm not sure if the QP tongue was in cheek, mine was a bit. It's all good whatever. I just try to understand, even when I don't at all :wink:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm very much with you Charlie. I'm not sure if the QP tongue was in cheek, mine was a bit. It's all good whatever. I just try to understand, even when I don't at all :wink:

No worries mate. As you said, just a thread on the internetz. :thumbsup:

He's more than a fantastic servant. I'd say MDV is a club legend.

Enigma:

a person of puzzling or contradictory character:

To me he has always been an enigma, one minute completely insensitive, the next moved to tears.

Or in my words, a player who is usually totally sh?te but does something brilliant when you least expect it.

Enigma:

a person of puzzling or contradictory character:

To me he has always been an enigma, one minute completely insensitive, the next moved to tears.

Or in my words, a player who is usually totally sh?te but does something brilliant when you least expect it.

Austin McCann was what immediately popped into my head when reading this definition.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Jimmy "lightbulb" Sandison just for the hair! (pity it's all gone now)

An enigma is someone who has a good game once and everyone waits in vain for them to do it again.

Shuggy Shaw, Andy Watson and Joe Hammil.

Nade for sure. Weight issues aside he was generally very poor but then all of a sudden Boom! And you wonder where the hell that came from leaving you wondering why he can't do it more regularly. Some games he would own the opposing defence with clever hold ups and clever passes other games he would barely touch the ball.

boabyarsebiscuit

John Brough

Nerejus Barasa

Dave McNichol

Gregor Stevens

Brian Whittaker

Fernando Screpis

Stewart McLaren

Mikey Stewart

Mauricio Pinilla

Willie Irvine

Colin McAdam

letsalldothebeattie

Marian Kello

Jamie Hamill

Pasquale Bruno

Marius Zaliukas

Neil Pointon

Devidas Cesnauskis

Phil Stamp

Larry Kingston

Jose Quitongo

Ricardo Fuller

Andrius Velicka

BervieJambo

George Cowie, Scott Leitch, Peter Van de Ven - not world-beaters by any stretch, but put in some good shifts for us.

The Fluorescent Zebra

Steven Boyack and Tommi Gronlund would fit right in with this topic too. Colin Miller as well, just for his goal against Rangers in the cup.

Not so much of an enigma, but defo a cult hero of mine,

Neil Berry, Still my fave player to this day.

As soon as I saw this topic one name immediately jumped to mind - Ismael Bouzid or as I used to call him Mr tackle someone then go on a 70 yards mazy run. He was absolutely nuts.

Peter Van De Ven!

"Gie the baw tae Peter"....always made me laugh.

Moustache anyone?

Archived