MP beaten unconscious near home

Deek

Anne Moffat the East Lothian labour MP was beaten unconcious and robbed in Cockenzie.

3 things shock me about this crime

1. It happened in Cockenzie.:eek:

2. SNP,s crime policy must be failing.:rolleyes:

3. One of the attackers had a Celtic top on. ;)

Vote Tory folks, it is the way ahead. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7419398.stm

ToadKiller Dog
Vote Tory folks, it is the way ahead.

I would rather a million politicians were mugged than vote tory!

Drew Busby !

She's a political and personal horror.

In any conspiracy theory , suspects would range from her neighbours, her family, her constituency Labour party, opposition parties....

Plus my own pet theory that she was cruising and half-peshed and fell over into a gorse bush.

They spray painted her front door last year to do with the election... My pal was not amused to come home and see what they had done to 'her' door.. Er$e$ got the wrong house....

Plus my own pet theory that she was cruising and half-peshed and fell over into a gorse bush.

:arf:

Drew Busby !

She's had her big fat snout stuck in the big fat trough for a long time, she's one of the worst in that regard... 1st class travel all the way for this member of the peoples party ...

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.1807849.0.mps_expenses_revealed_after_twoyear_battle.php

Maybe her stumble ... eh I mean assault ... was just cover for this disclosure. I wouldn't put anything past her. Gimme a few cuts and bruises boys .. nothing too bad though ... not the face OK ... that should get me some sympathy when it all breaks...

Had a mobile phone in her hand according to reports but the 'gang' never bothered nicking it - took a ring off her hand though? Strange...

blondejamtart

Watch this space....that's all I'm saying! :whistling:

(but a previous poster might not be all that far off the mark)

Drew Busby !
Watch this space....that's all I'm saying! :whistling:

(but a previous poster might not be all that far off the mark)

Damn, you got me curious now BJT ! :D

husref musemic

Wow, there's some crackers in there !!

The figures show she claimed ?9792 in rail fares over the 12-month period, including ?7211 for journeys from London to "Glasgow or Edinburgh".

These 26 journeys cost an average of ?277 each, a sum that suggests the Labour MP was travelling first class. A standard return between both cities, in 2007 prices, costs ?91. She also claimed ?1817 in rail fares for 42 trips between Heathrow and Central London, with each ticket averaging ?43.

At today's prices, a standard "open return" between the airport and King's Cross station costs ?13.60, while the Sunday Herald was quoted a price of ?18 for a "first open return".

Moffat, formerly Anne Picking, also racked up ?15,712 in air fares between London and Edinburgh or, "in a few cases", Glasgow. The 51 tickets averaged ?308.

Despite claiming around ?22,000 in rail and air travel between London and Scotland, she also managed to claim ?12,289 in mileage for a total of 24,129 miles.

vegas-voss

I hear she is involved with someone elses man.Maybe a wee cover up here.Or then again maybe not i suppose it will all come out in the wash now.

insurance/sympathy job!

the way i read it today she`d fell over and knocked HERSELF out, as others say, she had rings nicked of her fingers and a necklace and diamand earings, but the "thugs" kindly left her phone.

1. who wears full jewellry (necklace, diamond earings and such) to go jogging?

2. paper i read said she used her phone to call a friend, who then called the emergency services on her behalf........why didn`t she call the police herself?

lot of wind and pish, nothin story created by a nothing politician no doubt trying to keep her name in public view for something other than spending tax money on jollies in first class to brown nose at westminster.

She's a political and personal horror.

In any conspiracy theory , suspects would range from her neighbours, her family, her constituency Labour party, opposition parties....

Take it from me, she's an asset to the opposition parties, so they wouldnae be giving her any hassle!

Always seems to be dressed in black, she's an odd one, that's for sure

I P Knightley
Had a mobile phone in her hand according to reports but the 'gang' never bothered nicking it - took a ring off her hand though? Strange...

On another thread I've mentioned that I'm doing a little research into C&W music. I read the above and thought of "Lucille":

In a bar in toledo across from the depot, On a barstool she took off her ring

I thought Id get closer, So I walked on over

I sat down and asked her name, When the drink finally hit her

She said Im no quitter, But I finally quit living on dreams

Im hungry for laughter, And here ever after, Im after whatever the other life brings

the missing ring is always a giveaway...

husref musemic

BBC Sunday, 25 May 2008 Gang attack left MP unconscious

Sunday Herald May 27, 2008 MP?s expenses revealed after two-year battle

Coincidence ?

After reading the reports, seeing the pictures of her injuries and listening to this woman on the radio there is something that just doesn't ring true about this - something makes me wonder if we are getting the whole story.

Jed The Jedi

Surely we are not implying that said MP is at the lash :rolleyes: who would have thought it, and MP fibbing.

She's had her big fat snout stuck in the big fat trough for a long time, she's one of the worst in that regard... 1st class travel all the way for this member of the peoples party ...

http://www.sundayherald.com/news/heraldnews/display.var.1807849.0.mps_expenses_revealed_after_twoyear_battle.php

Maybe her stumble ... eh I mean assault ... was just cover for this disclosure. I wouldn't put anything past her. Gimme a few cuts and bruises boys .. nothing too bad though ... not the face OK ... that should get me some sympathy when it all breaks...

Isn't she the inarticulate, semi-literate troll who embarrassed herself, her party and anyone with half a brain who was watching when she concluded, in front of a bemused House of Commons, that Alex Salmond was comparable to Adolf Hitler because both had been elected under proportional representation?

Another no-mark bampot member of the Bampot Sleaze Party who has been fleecing the public for years. If her story's true - and nothing would surprise me less than if it's not - there's a certain irony to a Labour MP being mugged right in the heart of her Labour fiefdom. Looks as if they weren't tough enough on crime or its causes, then...

Isn't she the inarticulate, semi-literate troll who embarrassed herself, her party and anyone with half a brain who was watching when she concluded, in front of a bemused House of Commons, that Alex Salmond was comparable to Adolf Hitler because both had been elected under proportional representation?

Another no-mark bampot member of the Bampot Sleaze Party who has been fleecing the public for years. If her story's true - and nothing would surprise me less than if it's not - there's a certain irony to a Labour MP being mugged right in the heart of her Labour fiefdom. Looks as if they weren't tough enough on crime or its causes, then...

All the more worrying that people in East Lothian voted for her and put her into the Commons. Having said that you could stick up a monkey wearing a red rossette and it would get elected there so maybe they're getting what they deserve.

Thats what happens when East Lothian Council decides to cut the budget for work with young people.

East Lothian is well on its way towards rack and ruin - mainly due to the nightmare and incompetant SNP/Lib Dem coalition there - but also due to totally incompetant politcians on a national level such as Ms Moffat.

She should be careful throwing around powerful words like **** - these things have a tendancy to come back to you.......

Bonnie Prince Charlie
All the more worrying that people in East Lothian voted for her and put her into the Commons. Having said that you could stick up a monkey wearing a red rossette and it would get elected there so maybe they're getting what they deserve.

I think things are changing and liebour might get a shock at the next election in 2010. I am an ex miner who comes from East Lothian and my parents are still there. They voted liebour at every election until last year's Scottish election when they voted SNP and they will never vote liebour again. There are a lot of incomers to East Lothian now and liebour can't just rely on people voting for them because that's what the family always voted. The MP is a joke and most of the local liebour parties don't even support her. She went through the liebour route of "let's get an easy seat and make loads of money by being an MP" by "working"? for unison and then got shunted into a safe seat. In my humble opinion any potential MP/MSP should have had a "proper job" in the real world for at least 10 years.

No opinion on her one way or other but she was a nurse in a Belfast hospital emergency ward(Could be classed as a real job?)

Werent you a scab Dr?

Archived