Livingston - ridiculous pishy wee shitey club

Craigieboy

I love a guid Cragieboy troll :rofl:

If he's trolling then the mods would sort it. I think he's just not the brightest. He does have a lot of fanboys who find his pish threads hilarious though.

Livingston humiliated the vermin in a cup final. That'll do for me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbie Neilson

Like Hearts fans haven't done stuff like that before :lol:

Every club has their arseholes, some just have a higher %

ChunkyCharlie

They've achieved exactly the same major trophy haul in their existence, as Hibs have since the early nineties. Which is pretty amusing. :lol:

That is quite amusing!

As shite a thread as this is, I'd like to point out the diving antics of their number 22. Sekajja I think? Threw himself to ground when racing with Wilson then again with no one near him a few minutes later. Then again at the start of the second half. Ridiculous stuff.

Aye, he's a snidey wee shite. His pace caused us problems in both games though. Last week could've been a lot worse if he didn't make a ***** of his one-on-one at 1-1.

Bazzas right boot

Threads like this make us sound like OF fans.

If it wasn't for the "pashy " wee clubs, there would be no league.

Rangers and Celtic view us as a" pashy " wee clubs.

Live and let live, actually respect the fans of smaller teams, so easy for the likes of Livingston fans to jump in bed with Celtic/ Rangers or even the Edinburgh teams, takes a bit of loyalty to go and support the local community club.

Hats of to the fans that turn out at Stenhousemuir, Abroath, Etc:

Would yo like it if everyone only supported the big teams?

These threads are so Rangers/ Celtic, I feel sick.

If he's trolling then the mods would sort it. I think he's just not the brightest. He does have a lot of fanboys who find his pish threads hilarious though.

Livingston humiliated the vermin in a cup final. That'll do for me.

Hardly started a thread in months.

Calm down sweetheart.

MacDonald Jardine

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/a-tale-of-two-thistles/

A longer history than some may think, and interesting origins too

There's a very accurate quote at the end of that article: introduced the franchise to Scottish football.

The club may have a long history as an entity but "Livinston FC" don't.

As for people following Livingston, they're either 20 or under or they've given up on another team to watch Livi, doubtless while they were shooting up the leagues similar to the way Gretna did.

That's not exactly the lifeblood of the game other seem to think they are.

There's a very accurate quote at the end of that article: introduced the franchise to Scottish football.

The club may have a long history as an entity but "Livinston FC" don't.

As for people following Livingston, they're either 20 or under or they've given up on another team to watch Livi, doubtless while they were shooting up the leagues similar to the way Gretna did.

That's not exactly the lifeblood of the game other seem to think they are.

Hold on a minute, you are calling Livingston fans glory hunters??

Stoap it. :rofl:

Hats off to any of those fans.

Lack of respect.

Hardly started a thread in months.

Calm down sweetheart.

So is your thread trolling or is it just disrespectful patronising pish??

It's just observational really. Imo of course. Which could be wrong.

All roads lead to Gorgie

There seemed to be some random guy in their section shouting Neil Alexanders name for a lot of the second half, what was all that about? but onto other matters.

When they had their successful time in the top flight I knew one or two Jambos who went along to watch them which I thought was a shame as it was cash which should have come our way but now I see their crowds are down to a small group of diehards and any floating support has erm floated away. The idea was to have a team for West Lothian but good folks there already have OF and hopefully us as a lure.

There seemed to be some random guy in their section shouting Neil Alexanders name for a lot of the second half, what was all that about? but onto other matters.When they had their successful time in the top flight I knew one or two Jambos who went along to watch them which I thought was a shame as it was cash which should have come our way but now I see their crowds are down to a small group of diehards and any floating support has erm floated away. The idea was to have a team for West Lothian but good folks there already have OF and hopefully us as a lure.

He used to play for them, maybe it was a mate trying to organise a drink after the game.

I went to some of their games when they were In the SPL when they were playing hibs, rangers and celtic.

Dont think they ever had many "real" fans, most people in livingston support the OF.

Livingston the place and Livingston fc deserve each other-never been a fan other than when the turned the s***e over in the wee cup final.

We_are_the_Hearts

It's history that holds our game back. The weegie Irish shit and all these stupid wee teams. Get rid and get a 20 team super league starting in the summer when murdochs millions aren't playing

All roads lead to Gorgie

He used to play for them, maybe it was a mate trying to organise a drink after the game.

I went to some of their games when they were In the SPL when they were playing hibs, rangers and celtic.

Dont think they ever had many "real" fans, most people in livingston support the OF.

The novelty factor played a part with crowds at that time without a sound foundation to build a lasting support. The opportunity to get one over either one of the OF was probably why some fans of other clubs went along as well.

I thought celtic and Rangers were too big for Scottish football, we wanted rid of them and so welcomed "pishy wee shitey clubs" like Livi, no?  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

Livingston evidently close enough to Glasgow for you to get the anti-tank mines out.

Agree with Cb. Said pretty much the same on EEN thread a few days back. Didn't swear though.

They are pointless.

I absolutely respect the wee clubs from wee towns in Scotland but there's always been something phoney and soulless about Livingston. They've been on life-support for years which would suggest the town itself don't care that much more than I do.

Did enjoy the 'teabag' League Cup final of '04, though.

:lol:

Livingston evidently close enough to Glasgow for you to get the anti-tank mines out.

Not at all, I've as much interest in Livingston as I do in Stirling Albion or Montrose, I just think that Craigieboy has posted a bullshit patronising thread in the style of a Celtic or Rangers fan who things they're too big for everyone else.

And as a result, I've called him on it, and he's now backtracking frantically.

There seemed to be some random guy in their section shouting Neil Alexanders name for a lot of the second half, what was all that about?

That boy was shouting all sorts of pish, he was calling Alexander a reject.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not at all, I've as much interest in Livingston as I do in Stirling Albion or Montrose, I just think that Craigieboy has posted a bullshit patronising thread in the style of a Celtic or Rangers fan who things they're too big for everyone else.

And as a result, I've called him on it, and he's now backtracking frantically.

The difference is that Stirling and Montrose are actual clubs. Livingston are an invented pile of shite.

The difference is that Stirling and Montrose are actual clubs. Livingston are an invented pile of shite.

I assume the same rule of thumb applies for Inverness Caledonian Thistle then??

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not really. That was merger. Livingston are a completely new club (with no fans and and inability to avoid going tits up)

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The same rule of thumb does apply to MK Dins though.

The same rule of thumb does apply to MK Dins though.

I agree with that. I also don't like the franchise idea of football clubs like Livingston & MK Dons as its kinda soulless, but I still don't agree with the OP and the points he's raised.

Different circs though, Floyd.

The merger in Inverness was of 2 popular existing clubs with long histories in that town/city. Also, iirc, Thistle fans, for the most part, felt no part of the merger. It wasn't a 50/50 coming together. The merged club play at Caley's stadium and predominantly in their blue.

The merger was more to do with convincing the Scottish League at the time that an Inverness club would be a good addition to the set-up. Caledonian would probably have made the same progress had they been admitted as they were.

The OF, and to a degree, Hearts and H1b5, have long been the clubs supported within Livingston and that, IMO, is never going to change.

Not really. That was merger. Livingston are a completely new club (with no fans and and inability to avoid going tits up)

I always thought Livingston was what Meadowbank Thistle became?

They've tried their best to drum up (!) local support by giving away tickets to local schools. They realised that the football supporting population of livingston - predominantly Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs - would be unlikely to start supporting a'local' team. And Livingston already had a Junior team. Owners have seen them as a project for their own means; we can't be critical of that.

There were, what, about 150-200 there yesterday supporting Livingston? You could say that's the sign of a Diddy team. Or you could say good on those 150-200 for not staying at home and coming out to see their team instead.

They set up to frustrate and break up the play. They shouldn't apologise for going out and not getting beat 5-0. I blame the ref for not doing his job properly.

Burchill feels we're far and away the best team in the league, so setup his team accordingly not to get beat.

We need to get used to teams playing this way and find better ways to combat it.

This very much. Teams aren't giving us the time or space to play and expect most teams to play exactly the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supa hot fire

Decent community football club, loyal fan base and had more than their fair share of owners causing them financial misery. Like others have said have produced some good talents. As for the last two games, they played exactly how you'd expect a team to play that was fighting the drop. Imagine our next games against Alloa and Cowdenbeath won't be too pretty either.

alicante jambo

The amount of talent that club have brought through is incredible.The problem with them has been the people running the club.Football needs small clubs the original post is something I'd expect from a the rangers fan or a sceptic fan

Poor poor excuse for a thread.

Seems that some people around here are suddenly getting a Charlie Big Baws attitude as we are top of the league about other smaller clubs such as Livingston.

Short memories people, as it wasn't that long ago we nearly folded. I'd rather leave the "diddy club" chat to fans of Rangers & Celtic.

This.

Got a certain amount of respect for Livingston and their fans. The club's been shafted through mis-management over the last few years but save us having a wealthy die-hard supporter willing to invest and a far more established fan base we could have been in the exact same position as they are now.

Their fans didn't have to choose to support them. They could have easily have kept on supporting one half of the OF from their living rooms instead of turning out to support a new club with an uncertain future. Even more respect to the fans who have stuck with them over the last few years.

Nice wee stadium and if run correctly they could be a tidy little club. Yes one of their players kicked one of ours in the face but that's not reason enough to wish the demise of their club.

Craigyboy can claim to have some deep rooted hatred of them but I can't remember many threads on here wishing Livingston didn't exist before last week.

In short, shite thread.

The majority of Livi fans I know hate Hearts and seem to have a soft spot for Hibs.

Remember getting free tickets at school for their games. Never went.

MacDonald Jardine

Decent community football club, loyal fan base and had more than their fair share of owners causing them financial misery. Like others have said have produced some good talents. As for the last two games, they played exactly how you'd expect a team to play that was fighting the drop. Imagine our next games against Alloa and Cowdenbeath won't be too pretty either.

Really?

Archived