Gta IV(Hearts related)

Hearts of Vladland

Hearts of Vladland

In the Sun there is a about Hibs fans designing the game.

HIBS-daft designers behind Grand Theft Auto IV have been accused of using the computer game to have a dig at rival club Hearts

The Game features shadowy Russian money-lender Vlad who falls out with Roman - an East European.

Now Jambos fans claim the virtual characters are based on the club's owner Vladimir Romanov who last year had a public spat with Czech striker Roman Bedner. Other alleged swipes include baddies being decked out in the Hearts colour maroon.

One eagle-eyed gamer said: "The references are really subtle but they are everywhere. There are too many, it can't just be a coincidence."

And the offices of GTA V makers Rockstar North are close to Hibs' Leith ground in Edinburgh.

We bet they're not heavy-hearted about the coinspiracy...

:107years:

Harmless and quite funny, actually :D

Not bad wee thing that there are almost secret references to Heart of Midlothian Football Club in one of the world's most popular games. Says even more about Hibs' inferiority complex that there are only mentions of us and not, as far as I know, any of Hibs, eventhough it was made by Hibs fans! :laugh:

:107years:

Ray Winstone

I think whoever has found the time to notice and then complain about things like that really need to get themselves out a bit more.

jamboinglasgow

I find that great actully, it seems a good bit of banter, though surely they should put a sports team in the next game so that it can have more references e.g. the main team could be (as they are hibs fans) something similar to hibs and their rivals could be something like Liver of Vice City.

Scott_HMFC1874

haha i did notice those wee things actually. vlad and roman. didnt think anything of it.

didnt realise the creators were hobos.

but. the JT's get a a subtle mention in GTA.

nice!

Rick Grimes

there's been references to Hearts & Hibs in almost all of the GTA series

Charlie-Brown

Rockstar North do have a branch office in Leith but I doubt that is where the programming or game design is done - think it's more of a sales / accounts & marketing office.

Scott_HMFC1874
there's been references to Hearts & Hibs in almost all of the GTA series

what else has there been?

quite intrigued now

Ray Winstone
Rockstar North do have a branch office in Leith but I doubt that is where the programming or game design is done - think it's more of a sales / accounts & marketing office.

I am pretty sure the whole company is Edinburgh based.

My mum once sat next to one of the co-owners on a plane back to Edinburgh and he said something about wanting to keep it all in the city.

Dirk Diggler

quite intrigued now

Dunno about Hearts or Hibs but 'Leef Links' was the name of the Golf course in 'Vice City'.

Ray Winstone

quite intrigued now

Myself included!

Too ignorant to notice things like that in the game.

The game was mostly created in the offices next to the Omni centre.

Scott_HMFC1874

haha leef links.

how come i never noticed that before!

Dunno about Hearts or Hibs but 'Leef Links' was the name of the Golf course in 'Vice City'.

IIRC in San Andreas, your gang all wore green coloured clothing, and the rival gang all wore maroon clothing.

Ray Winstone
IIRC in San Andreas, your gang all wore green coloured clothing, and the rival gang all wore maroon clothing.

It was more purple - but now you mention it.....

I had never made the connection before.

Dirk Diggler
haha leef links.

how come i never noticed that before!

You were most likely too busy clubbing people to death with a 4 iron.

One of my mates works there and does the graphics, so i think it's safe to say it's where the game is designed, programmed and generally put together.

Lucky swine gets to travel across the world for launch parties etc.

Scott_HMFC1874
You were most likely too busy clubbing people to death with a 4 iron.

or rallying round the place in a golf buggy.

jackass style :P

The Future's Maroon

The Forth Road Bridge is in San Andreas

Ray Winstone
The Forth Road Bridge is in San Andreas

As is the railbridge.

I have been inspired to have a wee go on San Andreas - not a good idea during exam time but I cant help myself.

Commander Harris

it's not just hibs fans that work for RN, a couple of jambos do too.

hughesie27

The main character is called N(M)iko.?

The programming ect is all down here but the research and voice acting is all done in the states.

The Future's Maroon
As is the railbridge.

I have been inspired to have a wee go on San Andreas - not a good idea during exam time but I cant help myself.

I thought it was and posted that but edited it coz I wasnt 100% sure?!

I was in the middle of playing San Andreas (on PC) until this week when I had a shot of the new one on my mates P3 - makes San Andreas look too much 'cartoony' if you get me!

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS - Q.O.S. just equalised!!!!

Ray Winstone

I have the money for an Xbox360 tucked away in a cupboard at home in Edinburgh for when I get back for the summer.

It has been there since March but I didnt want to muck up Uni by having an Xbox during term!

the new GTA will be the first game I purchase.

Hearts of Vladland
I thought it was and posted that but edited it coz I wasnt 100% sure?!

I was in the middle of playing San Andreas (on PC) until this week when I had a shot of the new one on my mates P3 - makes San Andreas look too much 'cartoony' if you get me!

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS - Q.O.S. just equalised!!!!

What has that to do with this but YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Typical reptiles.

More concerned about the Jambos than their own sheeitey wee irrelevance of a club.

Rim jobs.

King of the North
Typical reptiles.

More concerned about the Jambos than their own sheeitey wee irrelevance of a club.

Rim jobs.

Too true.

As anyone who has ever read Marabou Stork Nightmares by the massively overrated Irvine Welsh will know.

Pants Shaton
Too true.

As anyone who has ever read Marabou Stork Nightmares by the massively overrated Irvine Welsh will know.

My commiserations to anyone who has ever read an Irvine Welsh 'novel'/

vegas-voss
The main character is called N(M)iko.?

The programming ect is all down here but the research and voice acting is all done in the states.

Yeah Rockstar main base is in the US.I think the only game that comes out of Edinburgh is GTA with the others like Midnight Club coming from San Diego

Yeah Rockstar main base is in the US.I think the only game that comes out of Edinburgh is GTA with the others like Midnight Club coming from San Diego

vlad has already began swimming with the fishes,the way i'm playing it , you boys must be paranoid

Im going to boycott buying it. just need to find out what it is...

jamboinglasgow
Im going to boycott buying it. just need to find out what it is...

I think that if you do you may feel like these fellows:

episode_03.jpg

Nucky Thompson

Fecking brilliant:) Hobos puting us on the map. Have they got a dodgey **** with a mouser selling all the family silver:107years:

I'm in the minority here.

I find it quite funny that there are loads more subtle mentions of Hearts than there are of Hibernian.

Sums them up really.

Dirk Diggler
I'm in the minority here.

I find it quite funny that there are loads more subtle mentions of Hearts than there are of Hibernian.

Sums them up really.

Correct.

Imagine you were in control of Rockstar, Hibs wouldn't get a mention would they?

To quote Le Chat,

Rim jobs.

jamboinglasgow
What's GTA? :P

get Tae Aberdeen, one of the biggest insults you can say to someone:p

Found out what it is.... Wont be buying games, Im an adult :P

I didn't think it was designed by Hibs supporters, because of the absence of heavy man dating action, but I suppose they could have suppressed their sexual tendencies for the sake of commercial gain.

hughesie27
I didn't think it was designed by Hibs supporters, because of the absence of heavy man dating action, but I suppose they could have suppressed their sexual tendencies for the sake of commercial gain.

You obviously haven't played the game. Dating a man is one of the missions...

You obviously haven't played the game. Dating a man is one of the missions...

Ah, then it WAS designed by Hobos.

My bad, sorry, should have figured.

Rockstar, is based in the states. Rockstar North, who make GTA, is based solely in Edinburgh. I think they did have offices in Dundee at one point, but they are now gone IIRC. They make a few games, GTA, that bully one etc.

There's been lots of Edinburgh hints in the past.

Leef Links being just one.

Meadow's Park, is another one. A few streets are similiar too - Castle Street etc.

Did a tombstone not read "Scott Wilson" in one of the old games as well?

I'm just hoping they decide to bring out a Edinburgh based one soon. Would be class being able to drive by a mates house :D It was rumoured a while back, GTA: Dunedin IIRC.

Rockstar, is based in the states. Rockstar North, who make GTA, is based solely in Edinburgh. I think they did have offices in Dundee at one point, but they are now gone IIRC. They make a few games, GTA, that bully one etc.

There's been lots of Edinburgh hints in the past.

Leef Links being just one.

Meadow's Park, is another one. A few streets are similiar too - Castle Street etc.

Did a tombstone not read "Scott Wilson" in one of the old games as well?

I'm just hoping they decide to bring out a Edinburgh based one soon. Would be class being able to drive by a mates house :D It was rumoured a while back, GTA: Dunedin IIRC.

Would that be mine, by any chance? What are you insinuating? :laugh:

Would that be mine, by any chance? What are you insinuating? :laugh:

Was thinking big beek's.

Sorley text you btw? 1pm at the Rainbow. Fancy Cav after? Dublin vids up on bebo btw.

Guest juvehearts

I thought Vice city was scripted by the dundee mob of rockstar north afterall the band love fist wore the dundee's away top that season lol

plus San anderas was a mini scotland if you listen to the people on the streets.

even gta 4 has it too!

pure class.

hope they make a gta scotland/ edinburgh!!

for anyone that Didnt know rockstar north used to be DMA design, the same people that made the 1st gta series then changed their name to rockstar & spread out into the usa because of the price of the doller.

yes even then all those 10 years ago they had it in them to move to better facility's.

rockstar are an edinbutgh company & have believe it or not just broke even with San andreas & into profit with GTA IV because they invested too much in their previous projects!

they lost ?4.3 Million in their 1st year, but all thats history now lol

good to see a scottish company do so well even if the creators are all ST holders at easter road :hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Legend Claws

They do all of the design and testing from there, it is a massive office and they know how to have fun! I was there for a meeting and they have pool tables/air hockey and they were 'trying out' a bucking bronco machine! They also seem to employ rather hot receptionists/secretaries. Have been in the company of the two owners at a function and they were slapping some serious cash about! Good guys!

Archived