New Maroon Synthetic Track

Fxxx the SPFL

And some clubs such as Hearts manage to combine reminding fans which ground they have come to with aesthetics which also appeal to those who don't need to be reminded!

Each to their own FA.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

the last time we had the track re-done was 2005 when Vlad had just taken over. good times...

:sob:

I believe it was also during Vlad's reign that the revolutionary innovation of hand washing facilities in the Gents in the main stand was introduced. Before that there was no

alternative to going straight from the pisser to the pie stall.

Thanks for putting it on here I'm terrible with technology

Great to see Jay and Leo doing well! Was this their official trial?

Great to see Jay and Leo doing well! Was this their official trial?

They wish! like any wee boy they think they will be playing for hearts in the future!

Any better pics yet?

Type in tyncastle to google go to images and first pic has new track around it looks red almost

Cast No Shadow

Type in tyncastle to google go to images and first pic has new track around it looks red almost

When did you last step foot inside Tynecastle?

That picture is from 2005 or 2006. :lol:

When did you last step foot inside Tynecastle?

That picture is from 2005 or 2006. :lol:

Despite the fact the image is called "Tynecastle Stadium 2007"  :teehee:

Francis Albert

The news item on the official site shows a bit of the new synthetic track. While it is a tolerable match for Ann's coat it seems to clash with the maroon seats, even the new smart ones in the Roseburn front corners. The picture also seems to show that the linesmen (supposedly at risk from the state of the old surface) will be running up and down the same grass verge

as they were before.

Maroon Sailor

The news item on the official site shows a bit of the new synthetic track. While it is a tolerable match for Ann's coat it seems to clash with the maroon seats, even the new smart ones in the Roseburn front corners. The picture also seems to show that the linesmen (supposedly at risk from the state of the old surface) will be running up and down the same grass vergeas they were before.

It's a great match for Ann's coat.

Francis Albert

The news item on the official site shows a bit of the new synthetic track. While it is a tolerable match for Ann's coat it seems to clash with the maroon seats, even the new smart ones in the Roseburn front corners. The picture also seems to show that the linesmen (supposedly at risk from the state of the old surface) will be running up and down the same grass verge

as they were before.

That is the news item about Premium Benefits.

Cast No Shadow

Despite the fact the image is called "Tynecastle Stadium 2007" :teehee:

It must have been very early in the year then because Hibs fans ripped off the fan banners on the sides of the Wheatfield at their League Cup Semi-Final did they not?

bigis semiauskas

as they were before.

linesmen running up and down side of pitch? that's a new one.

letsalllaughathobos

as they were before.

Rubbish, do you just make craps up for the sake of it?

Francis Albert

Rubbish, do you just make craps up for the sake of it?

No I comment. And when I disagree with others comments I try to give a reason.

How it looks..

3b1896d3d2124e13ac557f83cbef7692.jpg

Some relaying of turf has taken place to help the linespersons and more importantly the track level has been raised to more or less match the grass area aiding the linespersons and players safety.

The colour is not a deep maroon as per the strips and some of the newer seats but there may have to be a contrast otherwise the ball could get lost in the background at times.

It helps the overall appearance of the ground and I presume it's the same all the way round the pitch.

Some relaying of turf has taken place to help the linespersons and more importantly the track level has been raised to more or less match the grass area aiding the linespersons and players safety.

The colour is not a deep maroon as per the strips and some of the newer seats but there may have to be a contrast otherwise the ball could get lost in the background at times.

It helps the overall appearance of the ground and I presume it's the same all the way round the pitch.

Cue FA complaining.

- Not same shade of maroon as strips. Thought that's what club said.

But if it had been, FA complains while seats in stand ok, pitch side colour exact same as strips make it difficult to see players.

Re new linesman running edging, note it only goes half way.

Cue FA complaining it looks tacky and should have went full length of pitch.

But if it had went full length he would have argued as linesman only runs one half way, it was unnecessary expense.

:)

This pic was taken by me before the game.

uh huh? you're telling me that pic wasn't on kerrydale street? for realz?

queensferryjambo

Here are a couple of phone snaps I took at the game / stole from Kerrydale street that show the 'blood red jinxed track of league losing doom' - I thought it looked very good and it will weather down after time.

240120151345_zpspphtjzwj-1.jpg

240120151344_zpsyv0o9lyz-1.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Here are a couple of phone snaps I took at the game / stole from Kerrydale street that show the 'blood red jinxed track of league losing doom' - I thought it looked very good and it will weather down after time.

240120151345_zpspphtjzwj-1.jpg

240120151344_zpsyv0o9lyz-1.jpg

Look at that stadium. :wub:

People saying Easter Road is better. :rofl:

queensferryjambo

People saying Easter Road is better. :rofl:

What type of person could possibly say Easter Road was better than Tynecastle?

BT_PNG_300x570.png

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What type of person could possibly say Easter Road was better than Tynecastle?

BT_PNG_300x570.png

Should be their sponsor actually.

Everyone saying it will get darker with time.

Surely it will get lighter as it gets bleached by the sun...?

Francis Albert

4 pages on a bit of carpet round the pitch, oh kickback! :lol:

To be fair it featured in several news items on the official club web-site.

Been said before, it doesn't fade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does blood show on it though??

That's my concern.

The track was installed by a company set up and owned by former Jambo Brian Hamilton.

...just a useless wee bit trivia I picked up the other day. You're welcome ;-)

Archived