New Maroon Synthetic Track

Fxxx the SPFL

Fxxx the SPFL

Apologies if popsted elsewhere but just noticed on Hearts website that the new synthetic trackside turf will be Maroon and ready for the Falkirk game should look cool.

Work is well underway to replace the synthetic trackside grass at Tynecastle.

With the current perimeter matting showing signs of real wear and tear, the club decided to replace it as part of the general upgrade of stadium facilities.

The process to dig up the 1136 square metres of material, which was put down in the summer of 2005, began at the start of the week, with everything on schedule to have the new maroon ?carpet? in place for the Championship meeting with Falkirk on Saturday, January 24.

A Hearts spokesperson said: ?Replacing the synthetic grass has been long overdue.

?We are sure everyone will notice a huge difference at our next home game when we welcome Falkirk to Tynecastle Stadium in ten days? time.?

9e2310c7597d37a812882fc8c92b8d17.png

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady stream of good news, lot's of small steps but all in the right direction....doesn't it feel great nowadays when you look forward to reading the latest on Hearts :sunny:  :sunny:

It's was a choice between Green or Maroon. No choice at all really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. It's been looking pretty tired for a while now. All these little improvements are great, the stadium had been neglected for so to see these wee changes makes a difference to the whole matchday experience.

john brownlee

On the bits that are not ran by the linesmen. We could get extra money by having advertiseing.

Brilliant move by the club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

itsnomarooned

On the bits that are not ran by the linesmen. We could get extra money by having advertiseing.

Brilliant move by the club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a novel idea - is this being considered?

I hope they'll have fixed my broken seat by then too.

Naw - you're in the new trial safe standing section!  :2thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Daft question , does a full synthetic football pitch have to be green ? Could say we have a maroon pitch or dundee United a ginger pitch .

Not that I would want such

Naw - you're in the new trial safe standing section!  :2thumbsup:

I might trial it with alcohol too then :)

Daft question , does a full synthetic football pitch have to be green ? Could say we have a maroon pitch or dundee United a ginger pitch .

Not that I would want such

Marone kits would be hard to see against a back drop of marone pitch no?

I hope they'll have fixed my broken seat by then too.

Email the Club - they fixed mine right away.

Marone kits would be hard to see against a back drop of marone pitch no?

"Marone"???   :0

Jambof3tornado

Email the Club - they fixed mine right away.

This. If they dont know its broken they won't try to fix it. (Although I'm sure the owner of the broken seat has informed the club already).

I emailed the club twice before but it never got fixed. After the Hibs game, I called them. Hopefully it'll be fixed this time as I'd done about the equivalent of a hundred squat thrusts on Jan 3rd. I was on my knees at one point trying to get the rusty old bolt back into position.

Winston Ingram

Has looked like a skating rink in front of Wheatfield Stand for a while now.. unfortunately most linesmen were wise to this  :laugh4:

I recall in a statement from Ann that they have distinguished a 'Hearts maroon' which is very close if not exactly the shade of the current home top and will be used around the stadium etc. Will look great but particularly if its that shade of maroon. Just need the Barca style badges at the tunnel to complete the look

Jambof3tornado

I emailed the club twice before but it never got fixed. After the Hibs game, I called them. Hopefully it'll be fixed this time as I'd done about the equivalent of a hundred squat thrusts on Jan 3rd. I was on my knees at one point trying to get the rusty old bolt back into position.

I assume you sit in the cheap seats! Lol.

Is that a euphemism?!

Jambof3tornado

I recall in a statement from Ann that they have distinguished a 'Hearts maroon' which is very close if not exactly the shade of the current home top and will be used around the stadium etc. Will look great but particularly if its that shade of maroon. Just need the Barca style badges at the tunnel to complete the look

That would be absolutely magic. And costly probably.

My seat has been broken all  season, back only attached at one side and bolt on bottom part close to falling off. I phoned TO after the celtic cup game but nothing has been done yet. 

My seat has been broken all  season, back only attached at one side and bolt on bottom part close to falling off. I phoned TO after the celtic cup game but nothing has been done yet. 

Email them mate.

Did you say "please"?    ;)

:oohmatron:

Maroon Sailor

That should stop Robbie slipping when trying to control the ball when it goes out of play

I thought this thread was about a band I'd never heard of called Maroon Synthetic who had released a new record. Bit disappointed tbh.

bigis semiauskas

that will look cool - get the maroon and white nest sorted to complete the look

dont think the owl is that fussed TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The People's Chimp

Fitness thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In other news the maroon track is a fitting tribute to the ghosts of 86. 

You lot could go on diets and save the club some money with these broken seats :bootyshake:  :097:

Healthy option from now on only one pie   :2thumbsup:

Email them mate.

I'll give that a go. 

Maroon Sailor

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian

Have you seen them in maroon

They're the greatest team I've knewn

Cast No Shadow

About time too. Hopefully the entire stadium continues to get one big makeover over the remainder of the seasonal for when we lift the Championship title and during the summer before our rightful return to the Premiership.

chuck berrys hairline

Have you seen them in marone

They're the greatest team I know

FTFY

Jambof3tornado

Any idea when we'll get the hybrid goal mouths?

Depends how much maroon astro is left on the roll after the pitch surrounds are done #offcutssavemoney

Have you seen them in maroon

They're the greatest team I've knewn

Brilliant

" The talk O' the toon are the boys in marone" ?????

letsalllaughathobos

Healthy option from now on only one pie :2thumbsup:

I'll give that a go.

Sure if you put your seat number and row and stand it would probably get sorted ;)

Archived