New Maroon Synthetic Track

Fxxx the SPFL

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think we commissioned this to be hearts maroon, was it not just that the supplier had this colour as part of its book?

Pretty much, yes.

Looks lovely to me.

Pitch looks narrower. Probably isn't though.:lol:

Definitely is when you watch right to the end of the clip. The pitch is wider on the other half of the pitch when the camera pans round. Presumably they still had to relay a strip when that was filmed.

This season's strip colour should be our official maroon. That track looks a lot lighter than I'd hoped. Hopefully it's a lot darker than it looks in the video

Should have just gone with green in my opinion. Blends in better. Unless the new track is going to have insignia or advertising on it, it looks a bit garish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think we commissioned this to be hearts maroon, was it not just that the supplier had this colour as part of its book?

Think thats pretty much it, as close to our maroon as we could get. Think it looks good from the video, could have also looked good or more modern/Europeanish if was black. Hope a paint job for the flood lights is up next

Should have just gone with green in my opinion. Blends in better. Unless the new track is going to have insignia or advertising on it, it looks a bit garish.

:cornette:

As anyone who has ever had a red car knows red turns pink if left in the sun so it might not be pink at the moment but give it time. My main worry is pink might make the Hibbies feel more at home when they visit.

Dagger Is Back

Good news that we've replaced the track which was much the worse for wear. Another wee thing ticked off the health and safety risk assessment.

bigis semiauskas

Panic over guys, just had a look from roseburn. Dark in colour don't listen to the pink panic merchants

Fort Vallance

As anyone who has ever had a red car knows red turns pink if left in the sun so it might not be pink at the moment but give it time. My main worry is pink might make the Hibbies feel more at home when they visit.

Reflection from the bus shelter apparently.

Maybe cars that were 20 years old and french. The world of paint has moved on since then. 

Maybe cars that were 20 years old and french. The world of paint has moved on since then. 

Ford Capris so maybe they were a while back, still see a few faded red cars around though.

Next thing we'll be playing on green grass Craigieboy. How will you cope?

Come on. To suggest green track is just ridiculous. Loads of clubs have their teams colours round the track.

Getting green would be stupid.

Come on. To suggest green track is just ridiculous. Loads of clubs have their teams colours round the track.

Getting green would be stupid.

Green artificial grass. Mindblowing stuff.

Ann Budge stated at the recent AGM that an order had been placed for a maroon synthetic track. it would have been down quicker if Green had been ordered, worth the wait for Maroon in my opinion. She also stated that contact had been made with Deluxe paints to get as close a match as possible to the "Hearts maroon" as possible, and when this has been achieved, painting at the stadium will start. All good news coming out these days.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ann Budge stated at the recent AGM that an order had been placed for a maroon synthetic track. it would have been down quicker if Green had been ordered, worth the wait for Maroon in my opinion. She also stated that contact had been made with Deluxe paints to get as close a match as possible to the "Hearts maroon" as possible, and when this has been achieved, painting at the stadium will start. All good news coming out these days.

Someone will still moan about the maroon used on the seats! :mad:

Too bloody burgundy!

:seething:

Ann Budge stated at the recent AGM that an order had been placed for a maroon synthetic track. it would have been down quicker if Green had been ordered, worth the wait for Maroon in my opinion. She also stated that contact had been made with Deluxe paints to get as close a match as possible to the "Hearts maroon" as possible, and when this has been achieved, painting at the stadium will start. All good news coming out these days.

What's up with using your first post to say something factually correct?I thought it was common practice to make something up then repeat it ad nauseum. :-)

I think the new track will look great.

Francis Albert

I'll be interested to see what "painting the stadium" means. I hope it doesn't mean that the roof and floodlight supports are painted maroon (in any shade!). The combination of white steelwork or pink steelwork (which I actually prefer - it's different and lively) and largely maroon seats works really well, Maroon steelwork and inevitably mismatching maroon seats (see the pictures of the new synthetic track) would be horrible.

I'll be interested to see what "painting the stadium" means. I hope it doesn't mean that the roof and floodlight supports are painted maroon (in any shade!). The combination of white steelwork or pink steelwork (which I actually prefer - it's different and lively) and largely maroon seats works really well, Maroon steelwork and inevitably mismatching maroon seats (see the pictures of the new synthetic track) would be horrible.

Ditch the pink, get full maroon seating with a massive HMFC (white letters, black shadow) on the Wheatfield, ditch the badges which are poorly done. I feel strongly about this.

Different Class

Ditch the pink, get full maroon seating with a massive HMFC (white letters, black shadow) on the Wheatfield, ditch the badges which are poorly done. I feel strongly about this.

Nah. The badges look good and are a bit different. HMFC wouldn't even be centred given the number of sections..

Francis Albert

The badges are superb. Wholly distinctive and shear class. Shadow writing? White with black shadows? Jeez!

Badges for me every time. Generic shadowed writing is ten-a-penny pish. :unsure:

If you like badges at least do it right. Ours are thin lines with no depth. Look at Anfield as an example for classy writing (I can't add a pic but would appreciate if someone else could).

The alignment would need addressed but you could do it over BCDE with something on F? Adidas or other sponsor badge. It would look immense.

The badges are superb. Wholly distinctive and shear class. Shadow writing? White with black shadows? Jeez!

To be fair you think pink steel is the business. When you look at greens and reds do you see grey? Seriously look at the seating in Anfield and tell me it's poor.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If you like badges at least do it right. Ours are thin lines with no depth. Look at Anfield as an example for classy writing (I can't add a pic but would appreciate if someone else could).

The alignment would need addressed but you could do it over BCDE with something on F? Adidas or other sponsor badge. It would look immense.

Only ever noticed the "L.F.C" design, never seen their badge on the seats. I think their L.F.C design looks generic and completely forgettable. Our badges are a great wee design, and the best possible with so few seats available to make an image. If Liverpool only have the lettering, then I'd choose our design every time, tbh.

Francis Albert

To be fair you think pink steel is the business. When you look at greens and reds do you see grey? Seriously look at the seating in Anfield and tell me it's poor.

Googling images of Anfield shows me what I remember from being there. A very unimaginative use of the letters L F C. It's poor. As in Charlie's link. I mean really?

Only ever noticed the "L.F.C" design, never seen their badge on the seats. I think their L.F.C design looks generic and completely forgettable. Our badges are a great wee design, and the best possible with so few seats available to make an image. If Liverpool only have the lettering, then I'd choose our design every time, tbh.

You may be right about the smaller number of seats but I've always thought the badges were poor and a bit gimmicky. Thin lines, etc. I've always thought Ibrox looked good with nothing on the seats, I wouldn't object to that either. Sometimes 'traditional' is best.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You may be right about the smaller number of seats but I've always thought the badges were poor and a bit gimmicky. Thin lines, etc. I've always thought Ibrox looked good with nothing on the seats, I wouldn't object to that either. Sometimes 'traditional' is best.

Chalk and cheese, us two NJ. :lol:

I think ours looks great, unique and appropriate. :)

Liverpool's, just meh, no problem with it, just really generic and uninteresting.

No design, is fine, but not a patch on having our unique badge on our unique stadium, imo. :thumbsup:

Disagree.

Ethiad had nothing on the seats when I was down and it just really lacks something.

There's a balance. If you want something on the seats do it properly.

Googling images of Anfield shows me what I remember from being there. A very unimaginative use of the letters L F C. It's poor. As in Charlie's link. I mean really?

LFC are the club's initials and a symbol the world recognises. It may be unimaginative to you but what would you prefer in a footie stadium?

Remember when the club badge was rolled into the pitch. Did you like that? I hated it.

There's a balance. If you want something on the seats do it properly.

Would selling advertising space to a sponsor be an option?

I probably wouldn't mind having Adidas painted on the seats somewhere. They'd probably want the main stand considering the TV view and that's not really possible.

I quite like the badges. Used to think I was top dog when I had a seat right in the middle of one on the yellow :cool:

Chalk and cheese, us two NJ. :lol:

I think ours looks great, unique and appropriate. :)

Liverpool's, just meh, no problem with it, just really generic and uninteresting.

No design, is fine, but not a patch on having our unique badge on our unique stadium, imo. :thumbsup:

Another example of terrible wording on seats would be St Johnstone in skinny lettering.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Another example of terrible wording on seats would be St Johnstone in skinny lettering.

It has to be skinny lettering, there's not enough seats for anything else. Our badges are arty and unique, imo. :)

bigis semiauskas

Still a badge short from when first built, just plain seating put in its place.

It has to be skinny lettering, there's not enough seats for anything else. Our badges are arty and unique, imo. :)

Then why have lettering in the first place? Some clubs obviously feel the need to remind the fans of which ground they've come to at the expense of stadium aesthetics!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Then why have lettering in the first place? Some clubs obviously feel the need to remind the fans of which ground they've come to at the expense of stadium aesthetics!

You'd need to ask St Johnstone. Or Livingston etc.

Ours however is our iconic brand and not just some unimaginative letter branding.

Have to say though, I really don't see what is so amazing about Anfields lettering... just pointless and a bit dull.

You'd need to ask St Johnstone. Or Livingston etc.

Ours however is our iconic brand and not just some unimaginative letter branding.

Have to say though, I really don't see what is so amazing about Anfields lettering... just pointless and a bit dull.

For the same reason that the best strips are the simplest designs and not necessarily the most imaginative.

Francis Albert

LFC are the club's initials and a symbol the world recognises. It may be unimaginative to you but what would you prefer in a footie stadium?

Remember when the club badge was rolled into the pitch. Did you like that? I hated it.

I'd prefer something a wee bit more imaginative than "LFC" or "HMFC". Which thankfully we have.

And no I don't want the badge rolled onto the pitch. But then it isn't, is it?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

For the same reason that the best strips are the simplest designs and not necessarily the most imaginative.

Looks like a shan graffiti tagging on the back of a rugby club wall imo.

Francis Albert

And some clubs such as Hearts manage to combine reminding fans which ground they have come to with aesthetics which also appeal to those who don't need to be reminded!

Archived