The 2015 General Election Megathread

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

And completely failing. They have divided and embittered the country and would be in the process of making it an economic basket case if the silent mainstream hadn't kept the heid.

How wpold you know  ?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• JamboX2

• TheMaganator

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harry Palmer

JAYEL, might I suggest you take a short break.

Go and watch a shit film or something and switch off. :)

You trust  a lawyer,who is now an MP?

fair play to you..want to buy some beans? :2thumbsup:

Did you select your tory candidate ?

She has my total backing not thats she needs it

Beans , is that the new tory money making scheme ?

Are you David Cameron ?

The only people relevant to Scotland in the Cabinet are the PM, Chancellor, Foreign Secretary, Home Secretary, Defence Secretary and Culture Secretary. Others are Holyrood responsibilities. I'm not even sure what the point of the Scottish Secretary is any more.

Gove may be an arse but he won't be affecting Scots law.

Geoff we have already established that

But we still have to help  ( non scots ) againsts tory ideokigy

I have been diversing my intrests all night

All I need is a goal

San Antonio Scorpions FC @ 11/10

:)

Did you select your tory candidate ?

She has my total backing not thats she needs it

Beans , is that the new tory money making scheme ?

What ,cause i said you put too much trust in an  MP.

That makes me a tory?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff we have already established that

But we still have to help ( non scots ) againsts tory ideokigy

But only in England, apparently.

Harry Palmer

You are up a bit late /

You checking the latest polls  how much we hate you?

I'm Prime Minister. I'm always up late. 

I don't have to check the polls as I have 5yrs. 

Deal with it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Where do stand Geoff

You never say  ???

Stand on what?

You're the one upset about an appointment that doesn't affect your life in any way, shape or form.

The Mighty Thor

Apart from the independence mentions, what do you object to in this? And who is telling him what to say?

Or this?

Hey its that guy who turned a big surplus into a huge deficit as he took the country down the shitter!

We need more like him in politics........

The Mighty Thor

But people like nationalism and boastfulness and to feel part of a tribe

That reads like the better together campaign leaflet.

Stay in the UK. Be proud to be British. The empire. We invented everything. Two world wars, one world cup.

Geoff Kilpatrick

what about the withdrawal from the ECHR and replacing it with a British Bill of Rights?

What about it? As far as I'm aware, that's going to cause conflict across jurisdictions, which will be a boon to lawyers and no one else.

Nookie Bear

As you dont live here you will be surprised how united the country is under Nicola'

We want what is fair for Scotlland and he rest of the Union ( did i get that right ? )

The SNP isveverything that i good about society

Steered by the people

One of the best quotes from Nicol Sturgeon...................

" I am not here to win your votes i am here to project the will of the Scottish people"

Compare that to any political leader in Great Britain today

People first <3

And you have the nerve to label the English as brainwashed!!!

United under Sturgeon? This country is heading towards an an almighty battle with Referendum 2 and is split right down the middle. From day one you can see the shift of emphasis towards another referendum (but the GE wasn't about Indy, apparently!) and the rest of us watching with sleeves rolled up waiting for the battle.

Sturgeon is good at her choice of words though,unlike Salmond who still sounds,like a Braveheart script writer

Labour and it's supporters in absolute tatters.

Scottis Tories with their worst share of the vote in their history.

What a time to be alive.

Edited by RosscoC

Labour and it's supporters in absolute tatters.

Scottis Tories with their worst share of the vote in their history.

What a time to be alive.

Actually there were 20,000 extra votes for the conservatives. That doesn't take into account that there were a lot of tory voters tactically voting labour and lib dems.

Actually there were 20,000 extra votes for the conservatives. That doesn't take into account that there were a lot of tory voters tactically voting labour and lib dems.

I know. It was a sensational victory and result for the SNP, but I can't see how they can can knock the Conservative performance, North or South of the border.

Their share of the vote fell, that is a fact.

Davidson said she would increase it - she has failed.

She said she would get more than one MP - she failed.

Cameron has basically written of the Scottish branch and so has the Scottish electorate going by the results.

ToadKiller Dog

The tactical voting element was minuscule .

Scotland by a massive majority voted for perceived left of centre parties .

Over 3/4 of the votes went to perceived left of centre parties .

Hasselhoff

Any apologies to Ruth Davidson yet after the Annan incident? Cybernatz dismissed it as lies instantly but the old guy affected has come out with details of what happened. He's probably lying too though as he is likely a Tory. I really hope these attitudes are just the vocal few on Twitter and not widespread across Scotland as it is depressing to see such hatred.

Any apologies to Ruth Davidson yet after the Annan incident? Cybernatz dismissed it as lies instantly but the old guy affected has come out with details of what happened. He's probably lying too though as he is likely a Tory. I really hope these attitudes are just the vocal few on Twitter and not widespread across Scotland as it is depressing to see such hatred.

That' sounds terrible, what have the police said?

Hasselhoff

The tactical voting element was minuscule .

Evidence?

A vote for Tories was a waste up here, many would have voted for either LibDem or labour, some even for SNP as it would help Tories get the UK.

A vote for Tories was a waste up here, many would have voted for either LibDem or labour, some even for SNP as it would help Tories get the UK.

Evidence?

Hasselhoff

That' sounds terrible, what have the police said?

Likely the usual police response - nothing. Not much they can do either unless there was cctv. If they don't say anything, does that mean it didn't happen?

Malinga the Swinga

Evidence?

why was it a waste. I voted Conservative because I wanted them to win. If I voted for Labour, to. Try and stop SNP, Labour would claim I supported them when I didn't. Negative tactical voting would be fine if the x on the slip had a bracket saying (tactical vote, really wants other candidate to win), but it doesn't and it looks like my support is elsewhere.

Vote positive, vote for who you want to win.

ToadKiller Dog

Evidence?

So you saying the labour and lib vote would have been. Worse ?

Both lib dem and labour vote collapsed , Tory vote was much as it was .

Tactical voting had little or no effect except for maybe saving Ian Murray and The one Tory but even then it could be argued both had a good personal vote as they were liked in local area .

Likely the usual police response - nothing. Not much they can do either unless there was cctv. If they don't say anything, does that mean it didn't happen?

No just want to see what the facts are. Surely if there was an intimadation at polling stations that is worthy of police investigation? It's pretty serious so I'm sure Ruth will raise it with the relevant authorities.

Hasselhoff

Evidence?

Did maganator not vote labour despite being a Tory?

Which was the only party which could keep out Tories? Labour. Every seat labour lost up here helped the Tories. Turns out labour did so poorly down South it didn't make any difference. Although no evidence, would not surprise me if a chunk of SNP vote was just to keep labour out in the UK

ToadKiller Dog

No just want to see what the facts are. Surely if there was an intimadation at polling stations that is worthy of police investigation? It's pretty serious so I'm sure Ruth will raise it with the relevant authorities.

If you are feeling intimidated you report it to the senior official in the polling station who has the power to tell the party representative to move or face arrest . It's a serious offence .

There are strict guidelines to how to behave outside a polling station and inside if appointed to do so by a political party , your name address etc is registered with the council .

Did maganator not vote labour despite being a Tory?

Which was the only party which could keep out Tories? Labour. Every seat labour lost up here helped the Tories. Turns out labour did so poorly down South it didn't make any difference. Although no evidence, would not surprise me if a chunk of SNP vote was just to keep labour out in the UK

Just so we are clear - you have no evidence but you are asking people with the opposing point of view to supply it? Edited by RosscoC

Hasselhoff

why was it a waste. I voted Conservative because I wanted them to win. If I voted for Labour, to. Try and stop SNP, Labour would claim I supported them when I didn't. Negative tactical voting would be fine if the x on the slip had a bracket saying (tactical vote, really wants other candidate to win), but it doesn't and it looks like my support is elsewhere.

Vote positive, vote for who you want to win.

I agree with you. I voted Conservative as did my family. We knew it was a pointless vote but wanted the total to be higher for Tories than for anyone else.

I'm just suggesting some may not have done the same based on what I have read and so the Tories count was less than it might have been. Perhaps not to any real magnitude but we will never know

If you are feeling intimidated you report it to the senior official in the polling station who has the power to tell the party representative to move or face arrest . It's a serious offence .

There are strict guidelines to how to behave outside a polling station and inside if appointed to do so by a political party , your name address etc is registered with the council .

That's what I thought.

So probably best to hold off on the apologies to Ruth, as demanded by Hasselhoff, until the authorities have fully investigated (presume this is happening given it's so serious).

Hasselhoff

Just so we are clear - you have no evidence but you are asking people with the opposing point of view to supply it?

No,but you said it was minuscule. How do you know?

I'm saying I know of Tories who did vote other parties. I don't know every Tory in Scotland and so there may or may not be more.

I agree with you. I voted Conservative as did my family. We knew it was a pointless vote but wanted the total to be higher for Tories than for anyone else.

I'm just suggesting some may not have done the same based on what I have read and so the Tories count was less than it might have been. Perhaps not to any real magnitude but we will never know

So no evidence again?

You and your family wanted the total to be higher - why? For what purpose?

No,but you said it was minuscule. How do you know?

I'm saying I know of Tories who did vote other parties. I don't know every Tory in Scotland and so there may or may not be more.

I never said it was minuscule. I'm just wondering why you are asking for evidence when you don't have any.

Hasselhoff

So no evidence again?

For when the moaners come out like they have been today saying Tories only got 37% of national vote yet are in parliament. Every vote counts on a national level even though there was no point on a local level.

Hasselhoff

I never said it was minuscule. I'm just wondering why you are asking for evidence when you don't have any.

Apologies, toadkiller dog did. That was what I was asking for evidence on.

There was certainly tactical voting going on. I was one of them. I know of others, labours voters voting tory or lib dem. Tories voting labour or lib dems.

So no evidence again?

Asking for evidence is pointless.  You would really need to ask a vast sample of the population to get to the truth.

You can however make judgments based on the balance of probability or draw conclusions from a relatively small sample (as the opinion polls do) but real hard evidence will be hard to come by.

Asking for evidence is pointless. You would really need to ask a vast sample of the population to get to the truth.

You can however make judgments based on the balance of probability or draw conclusions from a relatively small sample (as the opinion polls do) but real hard evidence will be hard to come by.

That's my point.

Mandelson on marr - the guy is toxic. Labour lost because they discarded new labour?? And the union link must be broken. Man is and will be a tosser

Hasselhoff

That's my point.

All I was saying is that the following paragraphs are in the press (admittedly Tory press) and is now in the hands of police. I would hope the police will release a statement confirming what did or did not happen on the day but my point is the cybernatz army were all over this like a rash calling her a liar etc without even waiting to find out the full story. It may well turn out to be a load of crap but at the moment nobody knows yet and I felt the Twitter hordes and even people on here were too fast to judge.

"Police are investigating two complaints that voters were subjected to intimidation by SNP supporters at a polling station.

Former Army medic David Llewellyn, 83, said he was confronted and threatened by two men at Newington Sports and Leisure centre in Annan, Dumfriesshire."

Hasselhoff

So probably best to hold off on the apologies to Ruth, as demanded by Hasselhoff, until the authorities have fully investigated (presume this is happening given it's so serious).

guilty until proven innocent then?

Hasselhoff

Are you talking about her accusations?

"Disturbing reports" - depends how you interpret that phrase. It was reported to her and the report is disturbing. Who did she accuse in her tweet?

"Disturbing reports" - depends how you interpret that phrase. It was reported to her and the report is disturbing. Who did she accuse in her tweet?

Well who are you accusing because of her tweet. Be honest?