Victory Shield - England v Scotland

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Live on SS5 this evening at 8pm

Unusually neither side can win it as Wales have beaten both Scotland and Endland in previous games and are currently 2-0 up on N Ireland with less than 15 mins left (live now on SS5)

Hearts Daniel Baur starts for Scotland.   Hibs striker Jack Adamson captains the side.

Team - McAdams, Freeman, Meridith, Baur, Gallacher, Burt, Barjonas, Aitchison, Adamson ©, Rudden, Marku.

Subs: Wright (GK), McLennan, Connelly, Thomson, Middleton, Turnbull, Krones

Freeman, rudden, aitchison and Marku are U15z..

Utd, gers, Celtic, Celtic respectively..

Thomson on bench u15 from gers also.

Footballfirst

Freeman, rudden, aitchison and Marku are U15z..

Utd, gers, Celtic, Celtic respectively..

Thomson on bench u15 from gers also.

I saw that. I guess that Scot Gemmill is keen to give everyone a game.  I know that Rudden is good prospect but I haven't been aware of the other younger ones.

Freeman is better known as 'Sheep' and is strongly fancied by man utd. Rumour is that he's signed a pre-contract with them..

Footballfirst

1-0 England

Fairly typical. Scotland playing well, 4 or 5 half chances, then England score with their first shot at goal.

Footballfirst

Anyone know anything about Baur? Certainly a big lad.

He's literally been head and shoulders above everyone since he started at U11.  For such a tall lad he's not that great in the air but he is pretty decent playing the ball on the deck. Very left footed though.  He hasn't really been tested thus far in the game as he has generally dropped off into a covering position and let others put in the challenges.

He hasn't been pushed on (playing with older kids) as much as some of the other youngsters at the Academy, but is doing ok with the U17s at the moment.

Yup - good free kick and great composure with the rebound.

The anticipation from the lad who initially disguised the free kick was excellent stuff. Scotland far better team in the 2nd half

Diadora Van Basten

He's literally been head and shoulders above everyone since he started at U11.  For such a tall lad he's not that great in the air but he is pretty decent playing the ball on the deck. Very left footed though.  He hasn't really been tested thus far in the game as he has generally dropped off into a covering position and let others put in the challenges.

He hasn't been pushed on (playing with older kids) as much as some of the other youngsters at the Academy, but is doing ok with the U17s at the moment.

Got skinned for England's second goal

Diadora Van Basten

Some of the English players look as slippery as a bar of soap. Just like the full international it looks like Scotland have run out of ideas.

Footballfirst

Disappointing to lose that one.  The English side had good pace and a couple of then had skill to go with it, but it is one of the weaker English sides I've seen at that level. 

We pressed the ball pretty well and forced the defenders into giving the ball away high up the park but I thought we took one touch too many at times when in forward positions.

The_razors_edge

Freeman is better known as 'Sheep' and is strongly fancied by man utd. Rumour is that he's signed a pre-contract with them..

I coached Kieran when he was 11. He was always decent but never a stand out at PY. He's obviously knuckled down though and developed a fair bit. Man utd rumour is definitely true. DUFC convinced they will try to sign him when he turns 16.

I remember playing hearts at riccarton at under 12's and Daniel was playing. I'll be honest the only impressive thing about him that day was his height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I coached Kieran when he was 11. He was always decent but never a stand out at PY. He's obviously knuckled down though and developed a fair bit. Man utd rumour is definitely true. DUFC convinced they will try to sign him when he turns 16.

I remember playing hearts at riccarton at under 12's and Daniel was playing. I'll be honest the only impressive thing about him that day was his height.

Sheep is a good player, but I'd say he's an early developer physically, so it's hard to judge until all boys catch up. He is good though.

The_razors_edge

Sheep is a good player, but I'd say he's an early developer physically, so it's hard to judge until all boys catch up. He is good though.

I would agree. He was always well built in comparison to some of his peers. Interestingly he wasn't the most technically gifted in that utd team. I would be interested to know what the Scotland coaches look for when selecting players.

I would agree. He was always well built in comparison to some of his peers. Interestingly he wasn't the most technically gifted in that utd team. I would be interested to know what the Scotland coaches look for when selecting players.

Power, pace, ability. The 15z lads who played tonight are all physically mature. Good players, but physically mature early I'd say.

To be fair, they are dominant in their age group and will play at a level. It's a bit of a false economy at this age. The test comes in a cuppla years.

Andy Robertson, released at 16 by Celtic..

Archived