Wage bill

Humblerogue

As much as we aim to bring through our own players and develop them into first team regulars it's a long hard season and our 3 wingers Walker, Nicholson and King are our main source of creativity so I'd like to see us add someone else in Jan just to take the pressure of these guys a little. In the games we've struggled to create which isn't very often tbf but it is these guys who are quiet. An experienced winger on a free or a loan could offer us an extra spark as the season gets closer to finishing. Chris Eagles is still a free?

Is it just me, or is there a beautiful feeling in knowing that we won't be bringing in 7 or 8 unknowns in January on the off chance that one or two have a significant resale value in the Western European market?

That we will acquire players prudently, with a specific purpose and role in mind, and that it will be done in a considered manner liable to consolidate the squad rather than shatter it?

:pleasing:

scott herbertson

Is it just me, or is there a beautiful feeling in knowing that we won't be bringing in 7 or 8 unknowns in January on the off chance that one or two have a significant resale value in the Western European market?

That we will acquire players prudently, with a specific purpose and role in mind, and that it will be done in a considered manner liable to consolidate the squad rather than shatter it?

Yup - one or two judicious buys - maybe one player who is a young foreign developmental player again, like Sow or El Hass - we seem to have good contact sout there

Yup - it's just you mate.

I also think that Craig and Robbie would possibly be looking to move one or two off the wage bill too if they can.

May free up a couple of salaries for players that they would prefer to have here.

Yer no far wrong.

Archived