Wage bill

Humblerogue

As it says on the tin, does anyone know what our current wage bill is? or will I have to wait for our agm meeting on the 11th?

I wanted to compare it against the current spfl teams, I know ann will keep to the golden ratio of income to expenditure, but I would like to see if there is an opportunity to add to the squad in January.

I was told that it was to be less than 60% of projected turnover. It will be considerably lower than that I'd imagine considering the backing we are getting at every home game.

I wanted to compare it against the current spfl teams, I know ann will keep to the golden ratio of income to expenditure, but I would like to see if there is an opportunity to add to the squad in January.

Budge and co have ready come out and said the player budget is virtually spent, however due

To the fantastic response from the fans, there may be wiggle room to bring in a player or two.

Have heard that a couple times now coming out of tynecastle.

Why would comparing it to SPFL teams let you see if there is an opportunity to add to the squad in January?  Given what we've just come through and the amount of restructuring still going on, who is it that you think we reliably compare to?

If we are top of the league come january there will be room to bring in 2 players to kick us on and strengthen us for the run in. I'm very confident of that.

Secret is, keep the sell outs coming and we,ll get the 1/2 players Neilson/Levein think could see is over the line.

tartofmidlothian

If we are top of the league come january there will be room to bring in 2 players to kick us on and strengthen us for the run in. I'm very confident of that.

Secret is, keep the sell outs coming and we,ll get the 1/2 players Neilson/Levein think could see is over the line.

Hmm. As I remember you're ITK, right?

Or............ dont spend the money- there is a real likelihood that we will be out of sight come January at this rate. Bank the cash and keep it for new contracts/ next year

tartofmidlothian

Or............ dont spend the money- there is a real likelihood that we will be out of sight come January at this rate. Bank the cash and keep it for new contracts/ next year

I'd be happy to see a player or two come in either way. Who knows what will happen with Rangers? However far ahead we might be, Ashley might buy them a couple of good players on the last day of the window.

As much as we aim to bring through our own players and develop them into first team regulars it's a long hard season and our 3 wingers Walker, Nicholson and King are our main source of creativity so I'd like to see us add someone else in Jan just to take the pressure of these guys a little. In the games we've struggled to create which isn't very often tbf but it is these guys who are quiet. An experienced winger on a free or a loan could offer us an extra spark as the season gets closer to finishing. Chris Eagles is still a free? 

I'd be happy to see a player or two come in either way. Who knows what will happen with Rangers? However far ahead we might be, Ashley might buy them a couple of good players on the last day of the window.

I cannot see it- they are sacking staff and running a massive deficit- more likley to see some leave- beat them at the weekend and the gap will be such we need to start tripping against the smaller teams whilst they dont- by January we may be at the stage Barcelona couldn't catch us.....

They do not have the cash and In theory Ashley does not have the power to do that except in the form of an increased loan.

6 months of an extra contract is nothing compared to the benefits it could bring.

I also think that Craig and Robbie would possibly be looking to move one or two off the wage bill too if they can.

May free up a couple of salaries for players that they would prefer to have here.

I'm happy with squad as it is to be honest and would probably do quite well in the SPL with the young guys having another season under their belt.

I'm interested to see how the club respond to the first 1m bid they receive for a player. With nothing due to banks etc. that's a fair bit of coin you could spend on wages over a season or two or would they reinvest in the youth set up?

tartofmidlothian

I also think that Craig and Robbie would possibly be looking to move one or two off the wage bill too if they can.

May free up a couple of salaries for players that they would prefer to have here.

Who would that be? I reckon Robinson will find a new club and Holt will be off for a reasonable fee, if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Everyone else is an important part of the squad, at least for this season. Maybe one or two to reappraise in the summer.

Bazzas right boot

Get Wilson, Bauben, Gomis tied down for another 1/2 years each.

Unless an exceptional player become availible, any money should be used for getting players contracts extended if possible.

I would still like to see a expereince Defender, however I cannot imagine that the pickings will be rich in January .

kingantti1874

Was told our playing budget was well below 60% and that was based on ?10k average gates... The signing of pallardo came about after that budget was set

We_are_the_Hearts

Was told our playing budget was well below 60% and that was based on ?10k average gates... The signing of pallardo came about after that budget was set

Seems a bit strange when we have 12500 ST holders but may have been set before that

GK: Alexander, Gallagher, Hamilton

RB: Paterson, McGhee, Eckersley, McKay

CB: Wilson, Ozturk, McGhee, McKay

LB: McHattie, Eckersley, at a push McGhee/Paterson

LW/RW: Nicholson, King, Walker, El Hassanoui

CM: Gomis, Buaben, Pallardo, Holt, Robinson,

CF: Sow, El Hassanoui, Keatings, Carrick

Looking at that its hard to justify needing anyone else barring long terms injuries, no point in us spending money for the sake of it. Although I do believe a new face in January could give us a lift

We ain't gonna be out of sight by January

You wish....infact we ALL wish!!

Looking at that its hard to justify needing anyone else barring long terms injuries, no point in us spending money for the sake of it. Although I do believe a new face in January could give us a lift

For a start Sow and Carrick are out injured, Keatings is not fully fit and El Hass has yet to find his feet - as a result we have struggled up front recently.

In midfield Gomis is due a suspension, Pallardo is still finding his way, Holt will be off shortly and Robinson is not the answer.

Cards will accumulate as the season goes on and there will be more suspensions, and no doubt more injuries - not to mention a loss of form from some players.

I think CL/RN know this and I will be surprised if they do not bring in another couple of quality players in January to see us over the line.

We ain't gonna be out of sight by January

Maybe not but a win on Sunday and then they draw/lose against the hobos (assuming we keep on going like a train) could see us well into a double point lead come January. I cant see Rangers or anyone else close a 12 -15 point gap from February onwards.

Wishful thinking of course but not out-with the realms of possibility.

Diadora Van Basten

The way forward for Hearts is to develop our own players.

Guys like Robinson, Holt and Nicholson are struggling to get in the team and I think it is important that we don't sign too many players that will hinder the youngsters ability to break through.

On the class of 92 DVD everyone at Man utd was waiting on Fergie going into the transfer market to replace Hughes, Kanchelskis and a few others who had left but instead he brought through the youngsters.

kingantti1874

Seems a bit strange when we have 12500 ST holders but may have been set before that

The budget was set before we sold any, the signing of pallardo materialised given actual sales...who knows if true... I do know the club are being prudent

pettigrewsstylist

I'm happy with squad as it is to be honest and would probably do quite well in the SPL with the young guys having another season under their belt.

I'm interested to see how the club respond to the first 1m bid they receive for a player. With nothing due to banks etc. that's a fair bit of coin you could spend on wages over a season or two or would they reinvest in the youth set up?

Who do you think would command that sort of money then?

The way forward for Hearts is to develop our own players.

Guys like Robinson, Holt and Nicholson are struggling to get in the team and I think it is important that we don't sign too many players that will hinder the youngsters ability to break through.

On the class of 92 DVD everyone at Man utd was waiting on Fergie going into the transfer market to replace Hughes, Kanchelskis and a few others who had left but instead he brought through the youngsters.

Robinson does not get in the team because he is not good enough (not just my opinion but obviously RN opinion), Holt is not getting a starting place as his agent has made it clear he is not signing another contract, Nicholson was an automatic in the team until his form shaded off recently.

I go along to a few U20 games and whilst we have 1 or 2 prospects, I do not see a raft of Nevilles, Beckams, Butts or Scoles coming through.

Winston Ingram

Incidentally, if we are talking wage comparisons then Rangers surely more relevant as they are out main opposition? Comparing to Ross County, Hamilton etc doesn't really tell you anything.

tartofmidlothian

We've come within one off-form player and a fortunate weekend off away from a striker crisis. I also wouldn't be surprised if Robinson and Holt leave in January.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We've come within one off-form player and a fortunate weekend off away from a striker crisis. I also wouldn't be surprised if Robinson and Holt leave in January.

I don't think the loss of either would hurt us. Not sure where Holt is going to go though, his career has rather stalled. It would be a brave club to offer the kind of money we might expect.

Allowayjambo1874

I don't think the loss of either would hurt us. Not sure where Holt is going to go though, his career has rather stalled. It would be a brave club to offer the kind of money we might expect.

He's out of contract in June, I think all we may be due is a development fee which if memory serves is ?100k? Think someone like Sheff Utd, Bristol C could easily take the 'risk' if not as low as that then that type of cash is chicken feed for Championship club in England.

The problem for Holt is that he has barely featured this year so the clubs that had him on their radar may now have changed their mind. January could be difficult time for him, his agent may have turned his head on to a deal that no longer exists?

Jambof3tornado

Incidentally, if we are talking wage comparisons then Rangers surely more relevant as they are out main opposition? Comparing to Ross County, Hamilton etc doesn't really tell you anything.

How does comparing us to a mega rich club like the rangers help?

We have Gary Oliver who we can recall and i think he could develop into a real star. Robbie Buchanan has also been in and around the first team as has Alastair Roy (I think he might be injured as well now tho).

I don't think we need to look at any more strikers.

We_are_the_Hearts

The coaching team and DoF will be continually on the lookout for ways to improve the squad. if a player becomes available who is better than what we have and is within our budget then we should go for them. It's important not to stand still..............

For a start Sow and Carrick are out injured, Keatings is not fully fit and El Hass has yet to find his feet - as a result we have struggled up front recently.

In midfield Gomis is due a suspension, Pallardo is still finding his way, Holt will be off shortly and Robinson is not the answer.

Cards will accumulate as the season goes on and there will be more suspensions, and no doubt more injuries - not to mention a loss of form from some players.

I think CL/RN know this and I will be surprised if they do not bring in another couple of quality players in January to see us over the line.

The point is we currently have 4 players whos natural position is centre forward, all of a good enough standard for this league. We dont need 5 players to cover a team that plays 1 or 2 up top, for example. If one of them is out for several months or leaves then fair enough a replacement is needed.

Keatings, El Hass and Pallardo will be up to speed soon enough (no guarantee a new signing will hit the ground running either)

The rotation in the squad and results has proved we have sufficient depth at present

tartofmidlothian

Say a couple of Championship clubs were interested, 200k and 10% of any future transfer fee would be chickenfeed to them but a good chunk of money for us, especially for a player who doesn't want to be here and hasn't done a lot with us.

tartofmidlothian

We have Gary Oliver who we can recall and i think he could develop into a real star. Robbie Buchanan has also been in and around the first team as has Alastair Roy (I think he might be injured as well now tho).

I don't think we need to look at any more strikers.

All young players I'm looking forward to seeing more of, but I'd want none of them to be all we had available while chasing a title.

Which is the most important point - this is a season like no other, because we're chasing a title. I'd be happy to see a couple of decent players signed and never played, on the off chance one of them ends up being our only fit striker, RB or whatever for a couple of weeks.

Who do you think would command that sort of money then?

Not sure anyone a this point but hopefully one or two will kick on.

Patterson got his call up so Strahan must rate him a bit.

Maybe not but a win on Sunday and then they draw/lose against the hobos (assuming we keep on going like a train) could see us well into a double point lead come January. I cant see Rangers or anyone else close a 12 -15 point gap from February onwards.

Wishful thinking of course but not out-with the realms of possibility.

Hypothetically looks great on paper.  But we've never done things in such a straight forward manner.  Looking too far ahead and getting carried away feels like hobo behaviour and we know how that ends up for them!

I was hoping that we could bring in an attacking central player, who could help link up the play to our forwards, if only we could find another Paul Hartley then I think that would be the final piece in the puzzle.

Captain Canada

We definitely need a couple of new faces in January. An attacking central midfielder and an experienced right back would be good.

We definitely need a couple of new faces in January. An attacking central midfielder and an experienced right back would be good.

That's what I'd like to see too.

There are 28names on that squad list. At 1k each. Week thats near on 1.5m a year. There will be 6+ on more than thatsn I'd add on 1m and that's a first team wage bill of 2.5m.

That sounds and feels right. Total wage bill for whole club probably 3m.....all staff

I think that was what FoH intended to do on taking control of the club. Not 100% sure that BIDCO is operating to that target but it certainly won't be the 128% it was under VR.

I was hoping that we could bring in an attacking central player, who could help link up the play to our forwards, if only we could find another Paul Hartley then I think that would be the final piece in the puzzle.

I think Prince could potentially fit into this role. He is a terrific athlete and has the technical skill to go past players with ease. Perhaps Pallardo sitting back with Gomis will allow him to push forward a bit more.

Archived