McCurry is a cheat - Official!

Surrey Jambo

Nope. Not generic insults. I was throwing them out to posters like yourself who seem to be taking great delight in fawning over details published in a tabloid rag about a guys personal life.

You're no better than the thousands who read trashy glossy mags and delve into peoples personal affairs. A job in the media spotlight is a job. Doesn't give two bit Joe Bloggs the right to exploit them to make their own dreary lives more interesting.

Hmmm . . . snag is it comes down to trust. An earlier poster said that most people had cheated at something in their lives and that's probably true.

What makes this case so damning (if it is true !!) is that the bold Mike, in an attempt to cover up, not only lied but then accused the girl of lying and stalking him ! He therefore demonstrated contempt for the girl, her reputation and the truth.

If anyone is prepared to gratuitously and publicly accuse someone of wrongdoing to try to save his own skin then all trust disappears and his judgement in all things must be questionable if his primary driver is self preservation.

I wouldn't.

That's his mistress that I'm talking about, by the way.

Suppose I wouldn't with him either, right enough.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Players, club members and officials know they will be watched by the media, if they cant keep it in their pants time to stop taking the money from the SPL. Refs and their assistants are all bent imo. They must be, why else run about like a ponce on the touchline?

Hmmm . . . snag is it comes down to trust. An earlier poster said that most people had cheated at something in their lives and that's probably true.

What makes this case so damning (if it is true !!) is that the bold Mike, in an attempt to cover up, not only lied but then accused the girl of lying and stalking him ! He therefore demonstrated contempt for the girl, her reputation and the truth.

If anyone is prepared to gratuitously and publicly accuse someone of wrongdoing to try to save his own skin then all trust disappears and his judgement in all things must be questionable if his primary driver is self preservation.

Thanks DH, I'd have answered as much myself but I've activated my ignore list rather than respond to insults.

Maroon Mayhem
Nope. Not generic insults. I was throwing them out to posters like yourself who seem to be taking great delight in fawning over details published in a tabloid rag about a guys personal life.

You're no better than the thousands who read trashy glossy mags and delve into peoples personal affairs. A job in the media spotlight is a job. Doesn't give two bit Joe Bloggs the right to exploit them to make their own dreary lives more interesting.

If you lighten up for just a second you'll find that most people are laughing at the irony of Gordon Smith holding McCurry up as a paragon of virtue and above question because he's a man of the cloth. If he'd kept to his human error line this would not have been half as newsworthy.

Now where's my copy of Trashstar Weekly............;)

Guest GhostHunter
If you lighten up for just a second you'll find that most people are laughing at the irony of Gordon Smith holding McCurry up as a paragon of virtue and above question because he's a man of the cloth. If he'd kept to his human error line this would not have been half as newsworthy.

Now where's my copy of Trashstar Weekly............;)

Sorry, I got it...be out ra bog in a bit.

:D

I'd suggest that any time he dons his ministerial robes, or some at Ibrox may say when his refs uniform is worn on a Saturday afternoon.

He even somehow managed to get Gordon Smith to say as much on his behalf.

I've never heard anyone with ministerial robes (and baptists do not wear them) saying they are paragons of virtue. The opposite is true however. They will tell you of their failure and need for Jesus to save them.

Presumably every Sunday in his church.

Or at least when he wasn't too pre-occupied telling his wife that he was just nipping out on parish business whilst in reality scheming and lying to get his bit of stuff into the back seat....

Nae class, not even a Travelodge !

I repeat

I've never heard anyone preaching claim to be paragons of virtue. The opposite is true however. They will tell you of their failure and need for Jesus to save them.

I have no idea what he told his wife.

I've never heard anyone with ministerial robes (and baptists do not wear them) saying they are paragons of virtue. The opposite is true however. They will tell you of their failure and need for Jesus to save them.

hmmmmmmmm,.............my religous garb feux pa apart, I'll bet that he was never specific about this particular "failure", to either his wife or his congregation.

It's all very well his general implication of minor discrepancies and an admission of being a sinner, amounting to no more than perhaps parking on double yellows.

What Mr McC has been up to though is a bit further up the acceptable sinner scale than that.

I wonder at what stage from this lassies' early teens, when he first came into contact with her, that he stared to feel the urge to take their relationship further.

And yet, through all that time, he'd continue in his role as respected minister and occassional crap ref.

Brick Tamland

If he ever referees again at Tynecastle could you please please please play Sunday Girl by Blondie.

Thanks in advance

FORTHCLYDE

I posted previously when Vlad was fined 100k he should have spent that money getting evidence against Referees. I know there are plenty of good stories out there involving Referees, just because you have a so called professional job doesn't mean you are not corrupt.

Pete Seeger

Has the Mrs been getting about? Lighten up :)

Maroon Mayhem
I repeat

I've never heard anyone preaching claim to be paragons of virtue. The opposite is true however. They will tell you of their failure and need for Jesus to save them.

I have no idea what he told his wife.

You'll find that I said this was Gordon Smith's line.

Jesus better get his Sondico's on then 'cos there's quite a bit of saving to be done here!

Maroon Mayhem
If he ever referees again at Tynecastle could you please please please play Sunday Girl by Blondie.

Thanks in advance

Either that or "back seat of my car" by Paul McCartney

colinmaroon
What a ludicrous post this is. So because he's an SPL referee he deserves to have his life scrutinised by holier than thou hypocrites on a message board.

mod delete

Private life is Private life. Got nothing to do with his career or integrity as an official.

That's why I started my post with, "There but for the Grace of God go I, and anybody else!"

1st However, he chose to go into the ministry and as the Good Book says, as I am only too well aware, James 3:1-2,

"Not many of you should become [preachers], my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways, and if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body."

2nd However, and this is the main point as fas as I am concerned, it's not McCurry per se but the nonsense spouted by Gordhun Smith after the Utd game,

"Everyone at the Scottish FA is hugely disappointed in the accusations that have been levelled at one of our match officials following the match at Ibrox on Saturday. To impinge on a man's integrity in this way is extremely unfair;" and the whole tack has always been that Scottish referees would never deliberately make biased decisions in favour of Rangers, Celtic, whoever!!!

Well, that claim for the integrity of Mr McCurry does seem rather muddied by the latest revelations!!!

My prayers are for his wife and family, the family of the 'other woman', his church, and McCurry and the lady themselves - but that does not deflect me from the "crusade" against the ludicrous stance taken by the football authorities in the face of blatant TV evidence, namely, that our referees are, unequivocally, "too honest" to cheat!!!

colinmaroon

Exactly!!!!

You'll find that I said this was Gordon Smith's line.

Jesus better get his Sondico's on then 'cos there's quite a bit of saving to be done here!

So you did!

Apologies.

Archived