Plans for a museum at Tynecastle?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

i'm sure i read somewhere that the league title flag 1957/58 dissapeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, there was a story on here a couple of years back about some items being either damaged, lost or stolen, I've mentioned it upthread but I don't know any more. Anyone?

Maybe some talking holograms like in Mary Kings Close. Tom Purdie etc. Be good way of bringing the club's history to life.

I work with a girl who's Dad played for the famous in the 60s and 70s, and was actually one of my hero's. Not so long ago she brought in some old photo's of his career and these photo's were sheer gold. She told me his attic is full of old curiosity's from his playing career. I am sure he would love to loan these item's to a museum. There must be more older players out there that would be more than happy to do their bit. I would love to see a project like this at Tyncastle.

I work with a girl who's Dad played for the famous in the 60s and 70s, and was actually one of my hero's. Not so long ago she brought in some old photo's of his career and these photo's were sheer gold. She told me his attic is full of old curiosity's from his playing career. I am sure he would love to loan these item's to a museum. There must be more older players out there that would be more than happy to do their bit. I would love to see a project like this at Tyncastle.

As a point of interest, would you name the player?

Alan Anderson.

Alan was a fantastic player for Hearts and a gentlemen to this day, his wife has probably the most appropiate name a footballer's wife could have :tiny::uhoh2:

Went to the dickens museum this afternoon and was very much in awe of the place. Absolutely fantastic. Alot of hidden wee gems and worth it completely.

As a.Hearts in europe geek it was amazing to see what was on show.

Boots photos programmes etc, really is worth a visit.

Will be back again thats for sure. Thanks again

Went to the dickens museum this afternoon and was very much in awe of the place. Absolutely fantastic. Alot of hidden wee gems and worth it completely.

As a.Hearts in europe geek it was amazing to see what was on show.

Boots photos programmes etc, really is worth a visit.

Will be back again thats for sure. Thanks again

You are very welcome,glad your 'auld man' enjoyed as well. Thanks again for the donation.

• 3 months later...
Fxxx the SPFL

Stuff my auld man has asked me to upload if it's of any interest to anyone

some decent programmes I have about half of them the tour ones are worth a few quid

some decent programmes I have about half of them the tour ones are worth a few quid

How much is a few quid?

How much is silly money though?

Quick google search showed the metro one go for ?135 at sporting gold auctions in 2012.

Poster on here has/had the south African tour programme. Had a wee look at it many years ago. Don't think the club even has a copy according to the big guy who used to show you around Tynie years ago.

Doctor FinnBarr

Stuff my auld man has asked me to upload if it's of any interest to anyone

Poster on here has/had the south African tour programme. Had a wee look at it many years ago. Don't think the club even has a copy according to the big guy who used to show you around Tynie years ago.

I'm sure you'll do whats right

Anyone who hasn't been to the museum in Dickens needs to go have a look,it's quite incredible the stuff Calum has managed to put in it.I promise you won't be disappointed.

Where is Dickens?

JudyJudyJudy

Nothing wrong with Dickens mate.Cracking wee pub that contributes a lot of money to our club!

Yep nothing wrong with this pub at all. Its very down to earth and unpretentious not to mention cheap for booze. Good after a  home game on a saturday as it also has karaoke. Im assuming the negative comments are from the " Diggers" mob 

JudyJudyJudy

Where is Dickens?

Dickens is along Dalry Road mate. Its kind of opposite Orwell Place , half way along Dalry. 

john brownlee

One of my favs after the match nice friendly crowd and no trouble getting served.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately and from a reliable source, many many Hearts related items from our proud history were thrown out to the skip when work on the Main Stand was happening in the 1980's, Wallace Mercer i believe was the culprit, however many items have survived and after a recent visit to the Main Stand for mascot duties (not me of course) there was lots of memorobillia on show especially in the directors room.

The thought of a area within Tynecastle that could display these fine artifacts would be welcomed by me as i absolutely thrive on our proud history, i just wish Hearts could document the majority of the stuff including reproducing some of the fine images that are available and unseen to many in a large book format.

The day may well come, i look forward to it.

Just a shame it's in a shithole pub.

Have to disagree with you there entirely, the bar area is spotless, the toilet facillites are spotless, never had a bad pint in there, now compare Dickens Bar to some of Dalry and Gorgies other establishments.

Bert Le Clos

With all this talk of statues, does anyone have any idea how much a statue costs? I've got no idea, although I would imagine like most things you pay for quality.

A Hall of Fame would be a great idea. It wouldn't need to be started along with a museum, which if it's to be done right, might take until after this year to do. But a Hall of Fame could easily be started, with McCrae's Battalion and Dave McKay being the first inductees. Obviously there are others equally deserving of being inducted but with last year being the centenary of the battalion and Dave McKay passing away this year they would be worthy first inductees.

With all this talk of statues, does anyone have any idea how much a statue costs? I've got no idea, although I would imagine like most things you pay for quality.

A Hall of Fame would be a great idea. It wouldn't need to be started along with a museum, which if it's to be done right, might take until after this year to do. But a Hall of Fame could easily be started, with McCrae's Battalion and Dave McKay being the first inductees. Obviously there are others equally deserving of being inducted but with last year being the centenary of the battalion and Dave McKay passing away this year they would be worthy first inductees.

Already got a Hall of Fame B L C.

Would think that 3D printers could do the business at a reasonable price especially if the exhibit is indoors. Probably need photos from every angle to get it spot on though.

Dickens is along Dalry Road mate. Its kind of opposite Orwell Place , half way along Dalry. 

magic. Will have a look in!

Doctor FinnBarr

30k I beleive.

davemclaren

I was in the Atletico Madrid museum at their stadium a week past saturday prior to going to the match. While being considerably bigger than the one Hearts are proposing it was certainly attracting visitors and was right next to a bar. I couldn't get a drink though as they didn't take cash and the queue for vouchers was too long.

Also, no mention of their tie against Hearts was evident. :whistling:

I was in the Atletico Madrid museum at their stadium a week past saturday prior to going to the match. While being considerably bigger than the one Hearts are proposing it was certainly attracting visitors and was right next to a bar. I couldn't get a drink though as they didn't take cash and the queue for vouchers was too long.

Also, no mention of their tie against Hearts was evident. :whistling:

That's because someone has the home leg pennant that should be on their wall

:wings:

Archived