who is going to Belfast??

dodemac

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
robin hood jambo

Flights to belfast ?45

Cost of hotel ?75

watching mark mcghee's first game in charge....... Priceless!:)

I am going...Woohoo!! :biggrin:

Not booked flights yet, but going to go that in the next couple of days.

Dont need a hotel as my friend stays over in Belfast :biggrin:So just going to stay at his house :)

AND GET PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking the same tedp lol

sounds like a plan you need any companions :)

lol my Mrs is coming..... but could have space on the floor for you lol

Up the falls, derry's walls......dundee hamilton letter bombs to the vatican.......no thanks!

Snap.

It sounds like a recipe for disaster tbh, they may as well just go all out and invite Chelsea and Rangers for the ultimate sash bash.

I'll be in Ahlgarve.

good to hear hearts coming over to NI again and really looking forward to this!

i'd recommend staying in city centre as the George Best airport is easy to get to (regular shuttle buses back and fro europa bus station on great victoria street) and the nightlife is obviously better

with the match being played over the 12th fortnight a lot of people will be on their hols so the bars should be busy, and the parades will be on on saturday and monday if anyone is interested/ coming over early

Hi my plane arrives at half 1 is that too late for the marches???

I booked a few weeks ago. Flying from Brum and get there Sunday lunchtime, staying till Tuesday. Booked in the Days Hotel in the city centre

Flights to belfast ?45

Cost of hotel ?75

watching mark mcghee's first game in charge....... Priceless!:)

Hopefully m8 something to sing about "MON THE JAMBOS":):):)

highlander1956

I'm flying to city on the monday back tuesday 35 quid inc taxes, staying with mate in East Belfast, be good craic on Newtonards Road on 14th for sure.

it all starts at 7 in the morning, on the saturday, none on the sunday and more on the monday. so it's gonna be some week for me

I'm flying to city on the monday back tuesday 35 quid inc taxes, staying with mate in East Belfast, be good craic on Newtonards Road on 14th for sure.

i might just go the monday aswell and come back the tuesday morning with the hearts players.

how is it only 35 quid?

i've been quoted for 55-75.

i don't need a passport right because it's in britain?;)

i might just go the monday aswell and come back the tuesday morning with the hearts players.

how is it only 35 quid?

i've been quoted for 55-75.

i don't need a passport right because it's in britain?;)

You need some form of photographic ID.

Doctor FinnBarr
i might just go the monday aswell and come back the tuesday morning with the hearts players.how is it only 35 quid?i've been quoted for 55-75.i don't need a passport right because it's in britain?;)
You won,t get on the plane mate!:confused:

need to steal my birth lines would that help?

I doubt they have a photo, and if they do it won't be current.

No picture, no flight.

Only a passport or drivers license will see you on a plane.

Foot passenger on a ferry wouldn't be any problem however.

o well then ferry it is.

21.10 return to stranraer by train

15 return stranraer to belfast by ferry sounds good too me and i've got people to stay with now aswell just gonna hijack a hostel for a few nights so it just keeps getting better.

Patrick Bateman
thats what i like to here tedp

ulster brothers in arms :)

I remember that Wee Airdrie Jambo was into that Orange-wearing garbage. I wonder if he'll be going as I'm sure he'd be in fine company.

ULSTER JAMES

Belfast is the biggest and closest to you so you should see the return parade in the afternoon.

i'll be parading in Coleraine which will move off at approx 3.30/4pm but we are 55 miles from Belfast!

i personally wish this match was a bit later in the month as i'll be partying the whole week prior to the match and i intend heading to east belfast all day on 14th! hopefully be a good crowd of jambos over!!

there should be a decent crowd over . so far i know of 15 people i know, and another 100-200 or so from here and 10-20 from BiM.

portobellojambo1
Belfast is the biggest and closest to you so you should see the return parade in the afternoon.

i'll be parading in Coleraine which will move off at approx 3.30/4pm but we are 55 miles from Belfast!

i personally wish this match was a bit later in the month as i'll be partying the whole week prior to the match and i intend heading to east belfast all day on 14th! hopefully be a good crowd of jambos over!!

UJ,

How long does it take to get from Belfast to Scarva by car, roughly, and what time is the RBP parade scheduled to start.

Jerah Jambo
thats it all BOOKED UP staying in the Jurys INN Victoria Street. ?69 for a triple room and it looks about 10 mins from both the stadium and the Airport.

Happy Days;);););););)

Just back from a weeks golfing in Belfast (second year on the trot) great city !!. Jury's looked a nice place, stayed in the Days Hotel myself which is good, it's at the top of the Sandy Row which is a big loyalist area with appropriate murals ! Watched the UEFA cup final in the Rangers supporters club down there and were made welcome with no hassle, watch out for the Royal Bar opposite, well known loyalist pub and in the main OK but we were dug up by a couple of drunks looking for an argument so we left and went over the road to the Rangers club.

Belfast isn't really a big city and you can get about on foot easily, Robinsons, The Beaten Docket and the famous Crown Saloon bar are just outside your hotel (turn right when you come out Jury's front door) and are good pubs.

There's a bookies between Robinsons and the Crown so you can nip in and out if you like a bet. Cost us ?8 for the taxi from the airport to the Days which is just round the corner from the Jury's and most places were charging ?2.95 for a pint, both Guinness and Lager.

Can't make for the game myself but anyone going will have a great time, enjoy !!

;)

OAP will be devastated that so many Hearts fans are travelling over to Belfast after him making his usual judgement call.

Westfield Flats loyal will be there en masse.

You go girl.

UJ,

How long does it take to get from Belfast to Scarva by car, roughly, and what time is the RBP parade scheduled to start.

I'd give it an hour from Belfast, parade starts about 11am, it's a quality parade good mix of bands Flute,brass,pipe, was over 100,000 at it last year, btw Scarva is about the size of Ratho.

davemclaren
Ok I'll give you that one, but I want pictorial evidence of you being on holiday Mr Mc ;)

I'll likely have a good witness.... :P

portobellojambo1
I'd give it an hour from Belfast, parade starts about 11am, it's a quality parade good mix of bands Flute,brass,pipe, was over 100,000 at it last year, btw Scarva is about the size of Ratho.

Cheers cyber, a few friends, plus my uncle, are participating in it so was interested in going down to watch. Our flight doesn't get into George Best Airport until 11:30 am, so will take it from there, not sure what our plans are (hoping to go see a few friends up around the Sandy Row, one I lost touch with a while back, but have now discovered where he is working)

Was trying to establish a rough time as I still remember an eventful trip down to that neck of the woods back in 1974/75, when I took an Ulsterbus from Belfast to Portadown, and for obvious reasons at that time it couldn't go directly from A to B, and I remember being on it for what seemed like hours.

Cheers cyber, a few friends, plus my uncle, are participating in it so was interested in going down to watch. Our flight doesn't get into George Best Airport until 11:30 am, so will take it from there, not sure what our plans are (hoping to go see a few friends up around the Sandy Row, one I lost touch with a while back, but have now discovered where he is working)

Was trying to establish a rough time as I still remember an eventful trip down to that neck of the woods back in 1974/75, when I took an Ulsterbus from Belfast to Portadown, and for obvious reasons at that time it couldn't go directly from A to B, and I remember being on it for what seemed like hours.

You could maybe make it up for the return parade, altho getting out of Scarva could be a problem, let me know if you fancy it i'll try get you more details

Doctor FinnBarr

Right, we,ve got the city airport sorted, international airport sorted, but George Best, where the hell is that?

:confused:

sure thats the intl?

so i defo need a passport for both the ferry and plane? if so am no going then :( not paying 40 odd quid to get a passport.

sure thats the intl?

so i defo need a passport for both the ferry and plane? if so am no going then :( not paying 40 odd quid to get a passport.

You don't need a passport but if your flying you need some form of acceptable photo ID like a Driving Licence. I don't think you need this for the ferry but you should check.

Anyway where's your optimism. With MM coming the Champions League is only a few months away. Think of your passport as a long term investment.;)

i'm 15 my dad doesn't know i'm going to belfast, he didn't find out until gretna that i had been going to all the away games without his knowledge so i doubt i'll be able to goto belfast, so i need to keep it quiet if i do go on the ferry.

i've been told my someone participating in the marches/parades that they start half 11, theres none on the sunday , and there one on the monday oddly.

vladtheexhaler

I'm booked up 3 days in Belfast in 2 weeks time but I'm tempted to take the chance that the bird will enjoy it so much that she'll be desperate to go back a month later!

jamtart4Lyf

How many fans do you think we will take it being 1st pre season game?

There's 2 of us going for 3days & 2 nights should be a good wee trip, the Monday's a holiday there i think so should be busy weekend ;)

vladtheexhaler

Just booked up. Fly out Monday and back Wednesday for ?9.98 each. Seems a bit steep considering I'm going a month earlier for 2 pence each return.

I have however lost my passport, its got be somewhere in the house as it's been a long time since I needed to take a passport out to get into clubs (or discos as they were known at the time).

Space in the car for 2 to Prestwick on the Monday if anyones needing a lift although I should warn you that I only passed my test a month ago and I am still in my man racer phase!

broxburnjambo
Right, we,ve got the city airport sorted, international airport sorted, but George Best, where the hell is that?

George best is the city airport, flying over with PJ1 on the Monday and staying till the Friday.

Staying with my Brother who gets married on the Wednesday, so great timing for the game as i am already there.

portobellojambo1
i've been told my someone participating in the marches/parades that they start half 11, theres none on the sunday , and there one on the monday oddly.

The parades normally take place on the 12 & 13 July, however this year the 13th is a Sunday. The Orange Order and Royal Black Preceptory only walk on a Sunday if it is an official church parade, which these are not, therefore this year the parades normally held on the 13 July will take place on 14 July.

Doctor FinnBarr
Expect about 750 i would say.

I,ll raise you 250, 1000 on the table now, attendance poker, don,t ya luv it?

The Old Tolbooth

Is it just me or have the prices of flights risen since the start of the month? :(

The parades normally take place on the 12 & 13 July, however this year the 13th is a Sunday. The Orange Order and Royal Black Preceptory only walk on a Sunday if it is an official church parade, which these are not, therefore this year the parades normally held on the 13 July will take place on 14 July.

Im there for one night on the 14th - gutted i'm there they same time as the dinosaurs are out in force.

Cue abuse ;)

portobellojambo1
Is it just me or have the prices of flights risen since the start of the month? :(

Just had a quick look at the flights I got John. I got the flights for ?11.88 return (plus taxes), total cost just over ?70. Same flights now come in at a total cost of ?120.

Nelly Terraces

Would go, but all this chronic marching orange bollox seems a bit dodgy to me. Bunch of halwitted clowns wearing sashs. Only time I wnat to be near an event like that is oggling the birds at Miss World.

Loads of blokes wearing uniforms and sashs? sounds a bit gay if you ask me. Latant homo alert.

Charlie-Brown
I'd have gone if the Orange marches weren't on at that time.

:)

What a bunch of fruits! :)

George Best is the same as City Mate;);)

Archived