who is going to Belfast??

dodemac

Hi just booked ma flights for the trip to Belfast to see the jambos anyone else going???? ?4.99 flying from Prestwick but you have extra charges on top so for two of us it is costing only ? 73.00 all in, just got to get a Hotel now anyone any ideas ???

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth
Gutted, In Menorca.

Would have been there.

I'll be there, a real fan would have cancelled their holiday ;)

The Old Tolbooth
just booked flights ?29.98 for 3 happy days just need to book hotel now

You got your flutes and sashes looked out like last year Tom? :)

Dirk Diggler
I'll be there, a real fan would have cancelled their holiday ;)

:laugh:

You do realise you are the only one booked up for Belfast that hasn't renewed?

The shame.

portobellojambo1

Will be there, booked up and ready to go for another season.

The shame.

wrong we have booked up and not renewed?????:P:p:p:p

You got your flutes and sashes looked out like last year Tom? :)

just looking for hotels etc not sure where to book proably better booking some where close to AIrport

The Old Tolbooth

The shame.

Ha ha!! I'm standing firm!!!

Just because I ain't renewed doesn't mean I care less, it's the REAL fans like me who forces Vlads hand in the bigger game of poker ;)

Dirk Diggler
Ha ha!! I'm standing firm!!!

Just because I ain't renewed doesn't mean I care less, it's the REAL fans like me who forces Vlads hand in the bigger game of poker ;)

Standing firm, MA HA.

You'll renew, Want a bet?

The Old Tolbooth
just looking for hotels etc not sure where to book proably better booking some where close to AIrport

If your looking to book near the George Best airport, then don't take your flute as it's in the wrong side of town ;)

Dirk Diggler
wrong we have booked up and not renewed?????:P:p:p:p

You don't count, I'm talking about the hardcore.

People like you will come and go.

*Joke*

Oh and you'll renew also, You're bravado is fooling nobody.

Booking everything next weekend.

Really looking forward to it.

The Old Tolbooth
Standing firm, MA HA.

You'll renew, Want a bet?

Erm nope :whistling:

But I'm standing firm as long as we don't have a manager in place, and I'll pick and choose next season. Hell come the end of the season I might get a free top when I buy a ticket, and if this season is anything to go by, then I could get a new mobile phone, a holiday for 4, and a free meal if I buy tickets toward the end of next season for meaningless games against Hamilton, St Mirren, and Killie ;)

portobellojambo1

If you are looking for somewhere close to the airport Tom try here. I note you indicate you are going over for 3 days, which I assume will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. You may struggle to get in on the Sunday ,13 July, because the traditional parades that take place the day after 12 July, are on the Monday this year, because they will not parade on a Sunday, and the hotel will still be heavily populated. You will have absolutely no problems in this place, although it can be a little expensive over the 12 July weekend. -

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/parkavenuehotel.en.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-100765-gb-gTJj29DvqF*c1gioxqAJXgS672114864;ws=&gclid=CIC70J3SuJMCFQyvQwodDHdMCw

Dirk Diggler
Erm nope :whistling:

But I'm standing firm as long as we don't have a manager in place, and I'll pick and choose next season. Hell come the end of the season I might get a free top when I buy a ticket, and if this season is anything to go by, then I could get a new mobile phone, a holiday for 4, and a free meal if I buy tickets toward the end of next season for meaningless games against Hamilton, St Mirren, and Killie ;)

You might be standing firm on here, but you'll renew.

You know you will.

Anyway, Bed time.

When I wake up Chelsea will be European champions and Nani's silly little arms will have fallen off.

The Old Tolbooth
You might be standing firm on here, but you'll renew.

You know you will.

Anyway, Bed time.

When I wake up Chelsea will be European champions and Nani's silly little arms will have fallen off.

Trust me, I'm standing firm, if I'm a sole survivor against the Russains then so be it, but I'm standing firm ;)

I would hate to find a horses napper under my pillow tho :eek:

davemclaren

Been to Belfast for a day once ( on business ) and it looked a nice city. Natives seemed pretty friendly, though the taxi sharing thing was a bit odd.

Can't make this as I'm on hols in Cyprus on this date otherwise I would have. :)

If you are looking for somewhere close to the airport Tom try here. I note you indicate you are going over for 3 days, which I assume will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. You may struggle to get in on the Sunday ,13 July, because the traditional parades that take place the day after 12 July, are on the Monday this year, because they will not parade on a Sunday, and the hotel will still be heavily populated. You will have absolutely no problems in this place, although it can be a little expensive over the 12 July weekend. -

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/parkavenuehotel.en.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-100765-gb-gTJj29DvqF*c1gioxqAJXgS672114864;ws=&gclid=CIC70J3SuJMCFQyvQwodDHdMCw

thanks m8 but can only get one day away its going to be Monday late arrival and tuesday mid day!!!!!!! still looking;);)

15pound return on the ferry on the 11th,

21.10 for train both returns (from stranraer )

just need somewhere to stay tho thats the hard part.

as i dunno who's coming with me yet, and i know alot of people going i might just jump into there b n b or hotel whatever.

should be great the 12th will be a banter first time hope it goes well with no trouble.

anyone heard of trouble on the 12th before? or whats the low down on what to do and what not too do? as i won't know whether to do things or not to lol gimme some tips.

The Old Tolbooth
Been to Belfast for a day once ( on business ) and it looked a nice city. Natives seemed pretty friendly, though the taxi sharing thing was a bit odd.

Can't make this as I'm on hols in Cyprus on this date otherwise I would have. :)

You mean yer no allowed oot...............................AGAIN!!!!! ;)

davemclaren
You mean yer no allowed oot...............................AGAIN!!!!! ;)

:untitled:

My excuse is better this time though.....no? :confused:

thats it all BOOKED UP staying in the Jurys INN Victoria Street. ?69 for a triple room and it looks about 10 mins from both the stadium and the Airport.

Happy Days;);););););)

15pound return on the ferry on the 11th,

21.10 for train both returns (from stranraer )

just need somewhere to stay tho thats the hard part.

as i dunno who's coming with me yet, and i know alot of people going i might just jump into there b n b or hotel whatever.

should be great the 12th will be a banter first time hope it goes well with no trouble.

anyone heard of trouble on the 12th before? or whats the low down on what to do and what not too do? as i won't know whether to do things or not to lol gimme some tips.

Avoid North, West and East Belfast.

Other than that, you should be fine.

davemclaren
Avoid North, West and East Belfast.

Other than that, you should be fine.

So that will be South Belfast then? :)

what happens if a go into they places?

do i get looked at and shot? or kidnapped and released after 1 year with a bomb strapped to me.

what happens if a go into they places?

do i get looked at and shot? or kidnapped and released after 1 year with a bomb strapped to me.

If there's any trouble in Belfast in July, it very, very rarely happens in South Belfast.

I was brought up in South Belfast and it's a nice, calm area.

so most people will be there when i'm there then so if i need a hearts fan or someone friendly too talk to i just speak to someone there?

would it be ok to walk about with my hearts top on or would i be shot ?

i'm actually ****ting it about going over just because of whats happened in the past.

Booked up weeks ago, ?112 for 4 nights stay, rail/sail over flights back from the city airport on tuesday. Cannae wait.

so most people will be there when i'm there then so if i need a hearts fan or someone friendly too talk to i just speak to someone there?

i'm actually ****ting it about going over just because of whats happened in the past.

You should be OK.

It's relatively easy to get lost in the city centre, so bring a map.

You'll love Belfast, it's a wonderful city.

you know what m8 it will be fine we are all BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i might need equiped with an sa80 or an ak-47 and a glock 18 for back-up and a butter knfie aswell just incase.

i might need equiped with an sa80 or an ak-47 and a glock 18 for back-up and a butter knfie aswell just incase.

You'll be fine, calm down dear. Where are you bokked into stay?

no where yet. gotta speak to someone else to see where there booked and ask if i can jump in with them, if not i'll be sleeping in the streets. lol,

i'm a minor so surely there will be a overnight hostel thing, like the one they have in leith.

Charlie-Brown

Up the falls, derry's walls......dundee hamilton letter bombs to the vatican.......no thanks!

no where yet. gotta speak to someone else to see where there booked and ask if i can jump in with them, if not i'll be sleeping in the streets. lol,

i'm a minor so surely there will be a overnight hostel thing, like the one they have in leith.

I'll pass on the details f where we are staying to wee A;)

I'll pass on the details f where we are staying to wee A;)

that you offering me a place in your room lol:p

that you offering me a place in your room lol:p

We'll see:cool:

Jambosimmy

aye all booked up and ready to go. flying out on the 13th early morning and fly back on 15th late afternoon i think. ?43 return from edin to belfast international. Am i right in saying that the airport is about 15 miles form the town centre?

Not booked anywhere to stay as yet but i reckon it will be some shabby hostel in the city. not really too fussed at the accomodation side of things.

CornhillHearts

OAP will be devastated that so many Hearts fans are travelling over to Belfast after him making his usual judgement call.

Westfield Flats loyal will be there en masse.

The Old Tolbooth
:untitled:

My excuse is better this time though.....no? :confused:

Ok I'll give you that one, but I want pictorial evidence of you being on holiday Mr Mc ;)

Corstojohn

I will probably go if I can get the Monday off work as I am off to Lanzarote on the Thursday with the family. No worries about accommodation for me as my sister lives just outside Belfast.

I am going...Woohoo!! :biggrin:

Not booked flights yet, but going to go that in the next couple of days.

Dont need a hotel as my friend stays over in Belfast :biggrin: So just going to stay at his house :)

ULSTER JAMES

good to hear hearts coming over to NI again and really looking forward to this!

i'd recommend staying in city centre as the George Best airport is easy to get to (regular shuttle buses back and fro europa bus station on great victoria street) and the nightlife is obviously better

with the match being played over the 12th fortnight a lot of people will be on their hols so the bars should be busy, and the parades will be on on saturday and monday if anyone is interested/ coming over early

Archived