Adults wearing football strips

Era Macaroons

Era Macaroons

Having just witnessed Mr & Mrs Rangersfanz at Alicante airport (Spain) on Monday decked out head to toe in full Rangers gear for a 6am flight to Edinburgh...the wider topic above popped into my head.

Whilst its not my boat I was curious on general opinion.

Is this cool? or is this chavvy ?

Evening wear? or strictly for the 5 a side pitch?

Just to the match? or every day?

:av-1001:

Adults wearing football strips is unacceptable in all social contexts unless it's playing fives.

Adults wearing football strips with numbers and players' names on their backs is unacceptable in every context. Ever.

Wearing a football top anywhere other than the gym or whilst playing fives is unacceptable for anyone older than 14.

Edit : Obviously unless they're a footballer during a match.

Personally, just for the 5's but as you know I don't even have one for that.

For day to day wear a definite fashion faux pas in my book, perhaps allowable if a retro top from Toffs or somesuch.

In general though, NO!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Wearing a football top anywhere other than the gym or whilst playing fives is unacceptable for anyone older than 14.

I concur, although I'd also add fatties - they obviously don't go to the gym or play fives.

;)

Chip Douglas

I wear one in my scratcher, do I get a clean bill of health?

It's one of these reversible ones, Chelski and Man U.

I'm actually confused as to why people buy a football top just for going to the gym / playing fives. Seems like quite a waste of money when you can get a decent enough t-shirt and shorts for quite a lot less money.

The only football tops that I have are from European away trips, I wear them to the gym. They show of my toned, muscular physique very well, I must say.

Era Macaroons
Adults wearing football strips is unacceptable in all social contexts unless it's playing fives.

Are you sure about that then. cant be done with slogans ....ie 9 in a row.

Era Macaroons

lol...love the edit

Are you sure about that then. cant be done with slogans ....ie 9 in a row.

Nah, I find that a bit tacky, too. 'FTH' is acceptable. Just.

Era Macaroons

For day to day wear a definite fashion faux pas in my book, perhaps allowable if a retro top from Toffs or somesuch.

In general though, NO!

I didnt realise you didnt have any....or is that a hint to get you one, seeing as your 5's gear now is awfy like the 'cricket gear ' you used to wear till a birthday came along.;)

Era Macaroons
I wear one in my scratcher, do I get a clean bill of health?

isnt the idea to get your misses to wear it ? a la David Mellor

Era Macaroons
:confused:

Just meaning you've got a firm opinion on the topic!

and that i quite like like numbers/names on them ....but not slogans

isnt the idea to get your misses to wear it ?

For some reason I find that well hot, when burds do that.

jambovambo
Having just witnessed Mr & Mrs Rangersfanz at Alicante airport (Spain) on Monday decked out head to toe in full Rangers gear for a 6am flight to Edinburgh...the wider topic above popped into my head.

If not at 5s, or a game involving your team, Chav Central, no doubt.

It embarrasses me when abroad in the airport ... you trawl through the departure hall looking for your queue, past elegant Italians, French, Greeks, Spaniards, wearing clothes that suit them ... then you can see the FlyGlobespan / EasyJet / RyanAir queue for the UK (particularly Scotland)... overweight, tattooed, burnt and all too often football-top-wearing and ... that's the women.

Craigieboy

If I like the top, I buy it & I like wearing it anywhere.

I'm 31.

What does that make me? A total [mod edit]?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm 31.

All of the above.

;)

chester copperpot

I'm 31.

I'd say each to their own. If you want to wear a hearts top to the football, then thats fine, if you dont, this is equally fine.

I normally only wear my football tops to away games, but I've no idea why.

As a side note, I lost this seasons hearts top after wearing it to the Barca pre season game. Never had it on since, put it down to being lost. Found it last week in my tumble dryer in my auntie's garage, as I must've put it in there when I moved house last year.

Sums up my bloody season.

I have a Hearts top, Inter top and Bayern Munich top, and would never dream of wearing them anywhere other than when I'm playing fives.

Era Macaroons

I'm 31.

What does that make me? A total wan ker, chav, dick, fud?

the choice is yours

to wear whatever

Buffalo Bill

I don't think there is a worse sight anywhere than a completely decked-out Rangers or Celtic family at an international airport.

Buffalo Bill

Ray Winstone
I don't think there is a worse sight anywhere than a completely decked-out Rangers or Celtic family at an international airport.

Buffalo Bill

They are always the ones who clap when the plane lands as well.

Bloomin Chavs.

Buffalo Bill

A 4x4 hurtling toward the entrance doors perhaps.

Although this is balanced by the fact that a few of the polyester bedecked rabble would be taken out...:eek:

They are always the ones who clap when the plane lands as well.

Bloomin Chavs.

Aye.

Well done pilot, you did your job.:thumb:

I have loads, but either wear them to play 5s, a Hearts top to games, or for kicking about the house in.

Craigieboy

I have issues with the whole tracksuit & kit underneath option tight enough.

Makes adults look a wee bit daft IMO.

Nucky Thompson

On holiday is a must, I like to spot how many fans of different clubs are in your resort:) at the Gym and lounging about the house:rolleyes: I never wear a football top out here or even to football games:cool:

Era Macaroons
On holiday is a must, I like to spot how many fans of different clubs are in your resort:) at the Gym and lounging about the house:rolleyes: I never wear a football top out here or even to football games:cool:

hope u didnt go to the airport in your avatar gear!! :)

P.S Boo...used the granton connection for fence project.ty.pics to follow on completion

Seen quite a few wearing sellick tops the last few days.

If you do go out in a football top. DONT do the shorts as well :evilno:

davemclaren

I wear them on holiday in warm weather and I'm older than 14. I think it's acceptable, so there. :waiting:

In general though, NO!

You know, I don't think I've seen you wear a football top since you wore the complete kit to that game at Dundee.

It was pretty shan (hilarious) giving a young laddie the Corrie bounce.;)

Goose Baxter
For some reason I find that well hot, when burds do that.

Would you still find it hot if the bird you were going to nail went into her room and come out with a Hibs top on???

Least you could use it to wipe your hands or other things :boak:

Goose Baxter

Buffalo Bill

Didnt even think Rangers or Celtic fans could afford to go even near an international airport.

Thats a lot of giro's cashed in!

alwaysthereinspirit

Wear my Hearts top with pride on day 2 of every cruise I've ever been on. Always an ice breaker when you're looking for a drinking buddy while your wife and daughters sun themselves. Sorry but thats me.

I wear my top which has my name on the back and no 11 to the games on a Saturday. It gets washed then back in the wardrobe till the next game.

I wear older tops to bed!! Comfy as!

I dont care what anyone says/ thinks I like them I dress as I please but would never ever be in the airport with my high heels and hearts top on! Think its great on hols tho when the kids wear theirs as its gets you chatting to other Jambo's!

$ilvery_Moon

IMO anyone over secondary school age wearing the full strip is incredibly sad unless they're actually playing in 5s or a football match. Getting footballers names on the back of your shirt is also a bit sad. Particularly turd like Mikoliunas or someone similar. I've seen a number of guys of around about my age with players names on the back and TBH I find it a bit cringeworthy. I wear shirts on holiday abroad and at the gym. I occasionally wear them to the football too but it depends on the weather. Each to their own though I guess.

Nucky Thompson
hope u didnt go to the airport in your avatar gear!! :)

P.S Boo...used the granton connection for fence project.ty.pics to follow on completion

Wouldn't wear football tops in the airport:rolleyes: knowing my luck, it would be some gay Hobo on airport security and he would want to strip search me:cool:

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your fence:)

Sawdust Caesar

Buffalo Bill

Especially if they are queueing to get on the same flight as you.

It's all just attention seeking, probably hoping the locals will all want to speak to them cos they support the Rangers/Celtic, buy them drinks and carry them round town shoulder high.

Adults wearing football strips with numbers and players' names on their backs is unacceptable in every context. Ever.

Neave, I wear my Hearts shirt with MY name and number on the back whenever I go to the Celtic supporters clubs to watch Hearts, as does TX Jambo who has moved from Houston.

There are only 2 Edinburgh Jambo's in Orlando that I know about (me and Scott) - we get dogs abuse from the great unwashed.

jambovambo
I'd say each to their own. If you want to wear a hearts top to the football, then thats fine, if you dont, this is equally fine.

I normally only wear my football tops to away games, but I've no idea why.

As a side note, I lost this seasons hearts top after wearing it to the Barca pre season game. Never had it on since, put it down to being lost. Found it last week in my tumble dryer in my auntie's garage, as I must've put it in there when I moved house last year.

Sums up my bloody season.

Not just your season, mate - Hearts' season was also left in your auntie's garage's tumble drier about that time, as far as I am concerned.

Not just your season, mate - Hearts' season was also left in your auntie's garage's tumble drier about that time, as far as I am concerned.

TBH a football top in a tumble drier would have been far more exciting than our season.

Radio Ga Ga

Buffalo Bill

I kid you not, there were a family of four in my hotel in the Costa Del Sol a couple of years ago, Mum, Dad and two boys of about 11-12, I swear, for the whole two weeks they ALL had the same gear on, the FULL Smeltic Home strip during the day and then a quick change into the FULL Away strip for their nights out

They could have taken their whole family holiday gear for a fortnight in a poly bag, the ORIGINAL Mhanks

I'm 31.

What does that make me? A total wan ker, chav, dick, fud?

Do you really want us to pick one for you? :)

tosheeturtle

I really dont understand with whats wrong with wearing your hearts top!!

I think its really sad that people wouldnt wear a hearts top cause of their age... i mean its not as if your showing your body off to the world!!

Ivan Drago
Would you still find it hot if the bird you were going to nail went into her room and come out with a Hibs top on???

Least you could use it to wipe your hands or other things :boak:

if you cannae beat 'em.......**** 'em

heartgarfunkel

If you're an adult and want to wear a replica football top as a 'civilian', then just ****ing wear the whole replica kit. I know that football boots with studs may not be practical for propping up the bar, sight-seeing on holiday, painting and decorating, or van driving, but Adidas Sambas would be a practical alternative that retained the 'look' to an extent. If the whole family wanted to wear the kit, perhaps the most elderly member could wear the full goalie kit (and gloves) to symbolise their responsible role as a 'safe pair of hands'?

I wear my top which has my name on the back and no 11 to the games on a Saturday. It gets washed then back in the wardrobe till the next game.

I wear older tops to bed!! Comfy as!

I dont care what anyone says/ thinks I like them I dress as I please but would never ever be in the airport with my high heels and hearts top on! Think its great on hols tho when the kids wear theirs as its gets you chatting to other Jambo's!

yep your right it is quality;););)

Archived