Adults wearing football strips

Era Macaroons

davemclaren
I wear them on holiday in warm weather and I'm older than 14. I think it's acceptable, so there. :waiting:

See my new avatar re how to carry it off elegantly. :)

Note the Jambosafari game machine.

Ray Winstone
Tops are ok in most circumstances

Shorts/socks never.

Tops are ok in very few circumstances.

5s and thats about it IMHO.

I only wear my hearts strip for fives nowadays, and the occasional game. I sometimes change into it in the house in the evenings if I'm not going out.

I wouldn't wear it at any other time.

I used to always make a point of putting it on if I was going to TK Max at Meadowbank, just to annoy all the Hobos.

I'd be more inclined to wear a Scotland top if I was abroad. I don't know why. I guess it's probably just less divisive.

See my new avatar re how to carry it off elegantly. :)

Note the Jambosafari game machine.

Is that at Prestwick Airport?

Toggie and I played that after a weekend trip to Dublin and got to the final level where you had to catch a sabre-tooth tiger. Was solid, so it was.

Legend Claws

It is the epitomy of chavness to wear a strip if you are over say 12 for anything other than football related reasons. I don't wear them to games but don't have a problem with people that do unless they are fat and old.

If not at 5s, or a game involving your team, Chav Central, no doubt.

It embarrasses me when abroad in the airport ... you trawl through the departure hall looking for your queue, past elegant Italians, French, Greeks, Spaniards, wearing clothes that suit them ... then you can see the FlyGlobespan / EasyJet / RyanAir queue for the UK (particularly Scotland)... overweight, tattooed, burnt and all too often football-top-wearing and ... that's the women.

lol, exactly what he said

Legend Claws

Lets face it the vast majority Scottish people on package holidays are an embarrasment!

Dix Handley
Especially if they are queueing to get on the same flight as you.

It's all just attention seeking, probably hoping the locals will all want to speak to them cos they support the Rangers/Celtic, buy them drinks and carry them round town shoulder high.

Probably a *******ised strain of the more virulent Man U nitis..;)

Lets face it the vast majority Scottish people on package holidays are an embarrasment!

oafy glad i book my accomodation/flights myself thru t'internet. :P

and i quite like wearing my hearts top aswell, at home & abroad.

**** the fashion police :)

Legend Claws
oafy glad i book my accomodation/flights myself thru t'internet. :P

and i quite like wearing my hearts top aswell, at home & abroad.

**** the fashion police :)

Haha nice one each to their own and aw that!

Stewart MacD
I wear one in my scratcher, do I get a clean bill of health?

It's one of these reversible ones, Chelski and Man U.

Ah, a multi-purpose one that can wipe up accidents as well!

I wear my hearts tops on hols and at home and not just on matchdays still have pride in my team even though we have been poopoo this year

I've got a huge selection of football strips, mainly obscure European and Hearts tops, however wouldn't dream of wearing any of them outwith a fives pitch or football stadium!

Corstojohn
It is the epitomy of chavness to wear a strip if you are over say 12 for anything other than football related reasons. I don't wear them to games but don't have a problem with people that do unless they are fat and old.

I am 53 and overweight and wear my Hearts top with pride on holiday. You got a problem with that?

Era Macaroons
If not at 5s, or a game involving your team, Chav Central, no doubt.

It embarrasses me when abroad in the airport ... you trawl through the departure hall looking for your queue, past elegant Italians, French, Greeks, Spaniards, wearing clothes that suit them ... then you can see the FlyGlobespan / EasyJet / RyanAir queue for the UK (particularly Scotland)... overweight, tattooed, burnt and all too often football-top-wearing and ... that's the women.

I was also embarrassed when they turned up

There also seemed to be a collective sigh in the departure lounge when they appeared as they caught everyones attention, quickly followed by the rustle of newspapers as folk rushed to avoid their return gaze.

Era Macaroons
I kid you not, there were a family of four in my hotel in the Costa Del Sol a couple of years ago, Mum, Dad and two boys of about 11-12, I swear, for the whole two weeks they ALL had the same gear on, the FULL Smeltic Home strip during the day and then a quick change into the FULL Away strip for their nights out

They could have taken their whole family holiday gear for a fortnight in a poly bag, the ORIGINAL Mhanks

Utter Jaikes

I kid you not, there were a family of four in my hotel in the Costa Del Sol a couple of years ago, Mum, Dad and two boys of about 11-12, I swear, for the whole two weeks they ALL had the same gear on, the FULL Smeltic Home strip during the day and then a quick change into the FULL Away strip for their nights out

They could have taken their whole family holiday gear for a fortnight in a poly bag, the ORIGINAL Mhanks

The worst i saw was the day of the famous 'Andy Thorn' SC QF against sellik, Sep 1996.

Myself and two mates had got a late summer, last minute deal to Ibiza and went to a sports bar to watch the game.

The pub was packed with your usual weegie holidaymakers wearing full sellik strips, both tops & shorts, and if that wasn't bad enough at least half of them actually had scarves with them. In Ibiza. Woollen scarves in Ibiza.

I ****ing loved every second of my celebrations at the final whistle. They didn't though.

Jimmy McNulty

Was at the Toronto FC game (MLS) last weekend. 19,990 fans in red (tishirts, jerseys etc). 9 fans in Columbus colors; 1 fan in Celtic green (and he was in the row in front of me).

The number of times someone said to him "I didnt realize we were playing Celtic" got to be extremely amusing....

crazy_jambo_2006

My Hearts top, Scotland top or Man Utd top usually only to be worn in the gym. Sometimes wear the Hearts top at a big game. Scotland top gets worn abroad in the sun. Wouldn't wear club colours abroad.

A top has to be a decent top for me to buy/wear it. The Scotland top the team wore in Georgia was an embarrassment and people actually bought it! Strange!

Some tops (ie Rangers) look neddish. People who wear the full kit......each to their own, I suppose!!!

The only United top I have is the 1999 European Cup Final top. A top has to mean something. Wouldn't buy some tacky 3rd strip. Can't believe some people buy every single new top produced by a club. Big clubs produce 5 tops in 2 seasons and people buy every one.

Scotland rugby tops look better.

boy_in_maroon

I wear a Hearts top most days and have got them dating back a few years including toffs

tops i am 49, no one has mentioned to me how i look......

Dix Handley
I wear a Hearts top most days and have got them dating back a few years including toffs

tops i am 49, no one has mentioned to me how i look......

Man! you look UGLY!!(nice Hearts top but..;)).

I wear Hearts and Scotland tops to games sometimes, watching them play in a pub, when playing fives and sometimes around the house. Would wear it anytime really. Im not worried about getting 'too old' to wear a football top.

For some reason I find that well hot, when burds do that.

That's 'cause you like imagining that you're pinging Jose Goncalves.

:laugh:

i wear my away top to home games and occasionally wear older tops when lying about the house. do not wear any on holiday and detest seeing the newcastle/celtic/rangers family at the airport. fortunately i am a snob when it comes to holiday and they are not on my flight normally and certainly not at mu accomodation

gorgie twins

We always wear the home top to home games and the away top to away games - force of habbit!! We do also take them on holiday and have met a few good jambos because of it! We also got priority over the tv to find out the hearts score and our tops (over two years they nabbed 5 hearts tops and 2 Scotland - we should say we bought the owner of the bar a hearts top especially at his request) have pride of place amongst many different teams from all over the world (the bar owner collects them)! Oh and don't forget the free drink all night!! He also added the hearts flag for our arrival the second time we went - he doesn't normally put flags up! Bless!!

Bomber Harris

The family and i spent a fantastic week away on the "bonny banks" of Lochgoilhead and despite some days out here and there, we never once clapped eyes on any Rangers of Tinker tops.

On our way home we decided to stop off at BlairDrummond Safari Park, we parked the car up, got some ice cream and a seat and within minutes my day was ruined by this cretin who was at least 40 years old,

In my opinion anyone over the age of 14 wearing a replica football top for leisure should be sanctioned.

Anyway i just HAD to take a photo of this cretin as i often wonder WHY these people HAVE to declare or proclaim their colours.....if it was any consolation mate you didn't have to wear the kit to tellme what you are !

Republic of Ireland top

Sellik Away shorts....

Yeah mate i bet your wife and kid were well proud of you, i asked my missus what would she have done if i appeared that morning with a Hearts top and Hearts shorts on, her reply was simple.... "I would leave you and i don't just mean in Lochgoilhead"

tinker_thumb.jpg

Bomber Harris
i wear my away top to home games and occasionally wear older tops when lying about the house. do not wear any on holiday and detest seeing the newcastle/celtic/rangers family at the airport. fortunately i am a snob when it comes to holiday and they are not on my flight normally and certainly not at mu accomodation

Don't have to justify your holiday standards mate, i stopped going on the typical "British Egg and Chips and a pint of lager" holiday years ago.

Pay all that money to see some sights.

Can still visit Spain, Greece, Portugal, France etc and avoid the hoardes, keep it out of season and keep it private.

Legend Claws

Agree that you can have a much better holiday for the same money and not have chav Brits rammed down your throat for 2 weeks or be asked to eat all the same stuff you might eat at home or sit and watch fawlty towers/only fools and horses all day!

Incidentally I got on my tram (Melbourne) this morning and there was a manky bugger wearing a Celtic 'tap'. He was talking in some horrible skank language from Glesga. Made me shudder.

davemclaren
The family and i spent a fantastic week away on the "bonny banks" of Lochgoilhead and despite some days out here and there, we never once clapped eyes on any Rangers of Tinker tops.

On our way home we decided to stop off at BlairDrummond Safari Park, we parked the car up, got some ice cream and a seat and within minutes my day was ruined by this cretin who was at least 40 years old,

In my opinion anyone over the age of 14 wearing a replica football top for leisure should be sanctioned.

Anyway i just HAD to take a photo of this cretin as i often wonder WHY these people HAVE to declare or proclaim their colours.....if it was any consolation mate you didn't have to wear the kit to tellme what you are !

Republic of Ireland top

Sellik Away shorts....

Yeah mate i bet your wife and kid were well proud of you, i asked my missus what would she have done if i appeared that morning with a Hearts top and Hearts shorts on, her reply was simple.... "I would leave you and i don't just mean in Lochgoilhead"

As some would say....hop on the easily offended bus. :P

Bomber Harris

That's just it, i was immedietly offended with this display of sheer "chavvy" fashion, as said before why do these people have to declare what team they suppport when there is no football game on?

Like it or not but i would suggest Dave that there are more people out there who do jump on the easily offended DOUBLE DECKER bus (more capacity)

My missus did ask why i get so worked up over it, she knows how i feel about sellik, she knows how i feel about fashion but i still couldn't explain my reactions to this cretin.

davemclaren
That's just it, i was immedietly offended with this display of sheer "chavvy" fashion, as said before why do these people have to declare what team they suppport when there is no football game on?

Like it or not but i would suggest Dave that there are more people out there who do jump on the easily offended DOUBLE DECKER bus (more capacity)

My missus did ask why i get so worked up over it, she knows how i feel about sellik, she knows how i feel about fashion but i still couldn't explain my reactions to this cretin.

Hypertension is a bad thing. You need to live and let live.... ;)

Bomber Harris
Hypertension is a bad thing. You need to live and let live.... ;)

Ball OX Dave :eek:

;)

portobellojambo1

Wear my top to many games, weekends are for being lazy and anything that you can take right out the tumble dryer and throw on is acceptable in my opinion, and comes into the being lazy category. Occasionally wear one for stoating about the house on a Sunday as well.

Archived