Gotham on Channel 5...

Bugsy

Really enjoyed the Christopher Nolan Batman films. Watching the first Gotham episode just now, sort of a batman "origins"- quite good so far. Anyone else?

On first break, a colleague from work has seen 3 online (from US?) And says its good, on opening 15 mins, looks good, going to enjoy this when I can.

Was a bit dubious about the boy from the "OC" playing Gordon but it was really good. Gie the next one a shot and see how it goes.

Watched the first episode earlier. Quite liked it. Am I to understand (or hope) that Jim Gordon's Mrs used to lez it up with that police woman?

Fell asleep watching it in my defence im up at 3am everyday for work. Need to try catch it on 5 demand or online. Was good from what i had seen.

The Great Khali

Was a bit dubious about the boy from the "OC" playing Gordon but it was really good. Gie the next one a shot and see how it goes.

I'm putting it out there. The OC was great. :lol:

He's actually pretty good in Southland.

Was just coming on to post that. I havent seen The OC, but was fairly happy at the choice of Ben McKenzie, due to his performance in Southland.

Seen the first 3 eps and going to download 4 tonight. Penguin is great character. The boss wifey is a bit annoying though.

• 1 month later...
BoJack Horseman

I'm really enjoying it. Jada Pinkett Smith being the biggest let down in the whole thing, and Pertwee's accent, although that's kind of growing on me now. Ryan Atwood is slowly but surely becoming Jim Gordon in my eyes, and I was/am a big OC fan.

It's just pishing around and going nowhere. Pinkett Smith is bloody awful, Rogal Dorn is annoying as hell and the main storyline is bone achingly slow.

Needs to speed up and show more character development (and kill off Pinkett Smith ASAP)

episode nine is out tomorrow.

It'll only get better for you the people who watch it on channel 5.

sound. Agree it's slowed up a bit - the penguin is doin my tits in!

I think it struggles with the fact that Bruce, Albert and Jim Gordon can't be killed so there's no jepoardy for the main characters.

The story telling is also a bit disjointed, in the balloon man episode, they started talking about how he was loved by the city despite not showing any evidence was just bizarre.

enjoying it apart from that.

So many continuity errors it's starting to annoy me for example, Fish plays a cassette, stops it, then when she plays it again it's at the start.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by Bozi

Im loving it! Best thing I've seen un ages. The penguin is brilliant. Does anyone know if there will be a second season?

Going to back up as above

Brilliant so far, watched it upto and inc ep 8 online

Will try to get 9 tonight, but has not disapointed. Wont post a spoiler but 9 looks good and the penguin is great in my book

• 1 year later...

Been superb this series so far. Cannot believe it's only just half way through!

Bruce Wayne is still a simpering little shite though. 

I thought tonight was the finale(!)

It's been good. Especially with the step up in nigma.

Also enjoying Barbara and tabatha.

I've grown to really like this show.  This second season's been action-packed from the word go. 

chuck berrys hairline

Think this series is going to show Bruce's dark side. You can see he's starting to get Street smart. How's Detective Gordon no dead! Bones made of metal :laugh:

Very enjoyable program made even more enjoyable by Morena Baccarin

50068f9c7e49aedace642874139332cd.jpg

0161ed1496ad7f6e6596ea7b96c74e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This series has been far better than the first. Rather than the single case type episodes, the overall narrative throughout has been excellent. The introduction of the Galavans has been brilliant as has the Nygma subplot.

As for Bruce Wayne, you saw in the last weeks episode, with Galavan's niece, he's starting to turn a bit.

It's had two or three Scottish actors in it, too.  Was surprised to see Michelle Gomez ('Missy' in Dr Who) a week or two ago.  There was Alfred's army mate in the last series, and the guy last week who was pretending to cut up young Master Bruce.

Loving the wide variety of villains introduced. The writers really know their DC bad guys. 

So far we've seen:

Penguin

The Riddler

Red Hood Gang

The Joker

Catwoman

Poison Ivy

Two Face

Tigress

Hugo Strange

Zsasz

Copperhead

Scarecrow

Dollmaker

The Ogre

Firefly

Eduardo Flamingo

Mr Freeze, Clayface and Calendar Man still to come in season 2.

jamboinglasgow

Loving the wide variety of villains introduced. The writers really know their DC bad guys.

So far we've seen:

Penguin

The Riddler

Red Hood Gang

The Joker

Catwoman

Poison Ivy

Two Face

Tigress

Hugo Strange

Zsasz

Copperhead

Scarecrow

Dollmaker

The Ogre

Firefly

Eduardo Flamingo

Mr Freeze, Clayface and Calendar Man still to come in season 2.

To be pedantic, it was not the joker in the show.

JudyJudyJudy

To be pedantic, it was not the joker in the show.

Yes i assumed that guy was the young joker.But apparently not. He was bloody good in it too. Completely manic a la Jack Nicolson joker.  Gotham is brillant though and so well made and acted. The guy played Penguin is terrific.