Well done livi!

sam?

Why so touchy over this? Even if I was a Rangers fan I'd find it hard to be seriously offended by this.

In saying that, the whole 'new club, nae history' stuff is a bit tiring and wasn't even massively funny in the first place.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Sexy Flanders

?I have spoken with the programme editor today and can assure all fans that there is absolutely no bigotry or sectarian issue or intention at Livingston."

This comment is ridiculous. Can you now stand accused of being anti-protestant simply for not liking Rangers?!

Jambo 4 Ever

?I have spoken with the programme editor today and can assure all fans that there is absolutely no bigotry or sectarian issue or intention at Livingston."

This comment is ridiculous. Can you now stand accused of being anti-protestant simply for not liking Rangers?!

Was thinking the same - ridiculous !!

I just hope that we speak the truth in our programme. The fact it winds them up so much is a massive bonus. It's funny cos it's true...

Aww poor vile scummy Huns are greetin again ***k them and everyone and thing associated with that vile institution.

Hope they really hurt.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

My God - "no bigotry or sectarianism". **** you, Livingston. As spineless and pathetic off the pitch as you are on it.

I want to vomit :

The thousands of fans Rangers brought to Livingston on Saturday are greatly appreciated by everyone at Livingston as I am certain they are at every ground they have visited over recent seasons.

?Rangers are a wonderful addition to the Championship this year in what promises to be a truly memorable race for promotion.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Had a nose on Rangers Media, they want legal action taken against Livi! FFS

That would be because the petted-lipped arseholes are just about the most deranged examples of humanity in this country.

Say What Again

This.

That's astonishing. Could anyone point out the sectarianism in the programme?

Whenever I have a discussion with rangurz fans re the new club argument, I simply say this, if they are the same club, why did charles green have to buy the history of rangers from the administrators?

It's the same argument if I bought a victoria cross from ebay, it doesn't mean i'm a war hero, just means I own the medal.

Being a football fan is all about ripping the pish out of your opponents, unfortunately, sevco fans have no sense of humour.

Had a nose on Rangers Media, they want legal action taken against Livi! FFS

Aye, good luck with that Sevconians - what happened with the 'action' taken against Utd on the young player?

The Livi chairman should ask the programme writer if he can borrow his balls. Shitebag.

jamboinglasgow

I want to vomit :

The thousands of fans Rangers brought to Livingston on Saturday are greatly appreciated by everyone at Livingston as I am certain they are at every ground they have visited over recent seasons.

?Rangers are a wonderful addition to the Championship this year in what promises to be a truly memorable race for promotion.

Yes the wonderful Rangers fans who fought each other in the stands and five were arrested. But apart from that.... Hearts took 3,000 to Palmerston and no arrests.

Also the line about no bigotry or sectarianism shows why we wont stop it, as it has been twisted into it meaning anti-Rangers/Celtic by those sides. So if there is something negative against either team, their fans call the person bigoted (despite it not being the case.) How on earth are you going to stop these bigots if they dont understand what the word even means.

Say What Again

Also the line about no bigotry or sectarianism shows why we wont stop it, as it has been twisted into it meaning anti-Rangers/Celtic by those sides. So if there is something negative against either team, their fans call the person bigoted (despite it not being the case.) How on earth are you going to stop these bigots if they dont understand what the word even means.

Or while BBC Scotland uses it as the spine of their Only An Excuse, Hogmanay Hoot

Sektarinusm. Naw. Just glesgae banter, by ra way, big man.

jamboinglasgow

Or while BBC Scotland uses it as the spine of their Only An Excuse, Hogmanay Hoot

Sektarinusm. Naw. Just glesgae banter, by ra way, big man.

yeah, OaE overuses it too much as its an easy way to make a joke (when there is so much more in Scottish football that can made fun of.)

Whenever I have a discussion with rangurz fans re the new club argument, I simply say this, if they are the same club, why did charles green have to buy the history of rangers from the administrators?

It's the same argument if I bought a victoria cross from ebay, it doesn't mean i'm a war hero, just means I own the medal.

Being a football fan is all about ripping the pish out of your opponents, unfortunately, sevco fans have no sense of humour.

That's just one of many problems that vile scummy support have, maybe they get upset so easily because they know deep down that's it's true.

jamboinglasgow

That's just one of many problems that vile scummy support have, maybe they get upset so easily because they know deep down that's it's true.

I would say that football fans in general dont have a sense of humour when a joke is made at their clubs expense, not just Rangers fans.

Not hurting mate, I,m no hun, although I was in my hairy youth, as can be seen if you check out my few previous posts, simply stating the obvious, that in what modern day universe is it acceptable to mock opponents in an official match day programme ?. Everyone one on here hates Hibs, everybody hates Rangers and Celtic. But we have too much class as a club to print an OFFICIAL match day programme insulting opponents no matter how much we may personally despise said clubs. Its classless and us being in the main part a classy club wouldnt do it ourselves, So we shouldn't think its a smart move when perpetrated by others.

Given it's all true, I'd be delighted if we printed something similar in the programme for the game in November. Actually, it'd be brilliant if every club who play the zombies did that. Let's restore some honesty to Scottish football :)

The Livingston programme was over the top with continual over use of defunct, but elements of the truth seem to upset Rangers fans immensely.

IMO there is no point programme editors going in to detail on what happened, or giving a view. So they should all just say,

We welcome Rangers to xxxxx today.

Here is their management and playing squad details.

Name

Squad number

Height

Weight (for a laugh if available)

Previous club - with TUPEd to The Rangers Football Club when liquidation proceedings commenced against Rangers Football Club in June 2012 - for certain players.

No putting the boot in, not getting involved history,titles, just saying it as it is in high level terms.

Note - pretty much what I mentioned on the super thread.

The Livingston programme was over the top with continual over use of defunct, but elements of the truth seem to upset Rangers fans immensely.

IMO there is no point programme editors going in to detail on what happened, or giving a view. So they should all just say,

We welcome Rangers to xxxxx today.

Here is their management and playing squad details.

Name

Squad number

Height

Weight (for a laugh if available)

Previous club - with TUPEd to The Rangers Football Club when liquidation proceedings commenced against Rangers Football Club in June 2012 - for certain players.

No putting the boot in, not getting involved history,titles, just saying it as it is in high level terms.

Note - pretty much what I mentioned on the super thread.

Even that still seems tinged with sectarianism and bigotry.

"Really think that everyone should now just say that new and old

gers are the exact same club from now on, and that there should

be laws against telling the truth about new gers.

That way the new gers fans will brainwash everyone into

believing a myth."

There's an old rangers. There's a new rangers. But they're the same. And anyone who points out that two different things, which apparently are the same, are in fact different should be arrested.

About as over it as hibs are with 5-1.

Schroediger's (sp) cat ...

Let's be clear, it IS petty and unnecessary. However, any suggestion of sectarian/bigoted chat shows the issue we have in this country.

I want to vomit :

Having looked at it again , I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt here. If he was being ironic ie the Berz have been schlepping all the way through the lower leagues - and here they are in the Championship - it's the same club though! .

Which he maybe was. In which case , that comment is a total pish take.

Let's be clear, it IS petty and unnecessary. However, any suggestion of sectarian/bigoted chat shows the issue we have in this country.

I actually read that comment as another dig at the rangers. Nowhere does the chairman apologise for what was written and I took his sectarian comment more on the lines of 'unlike rangers, we don't have any issues with bigotry/sectarianism'

Actually just read the evening news piece and he does seem to say sorry for it there

Buffalo Bill

I wholeheartedly back the Livi programme editor for speaking the truth against the Orcs.

Side note to Livi admin rumour. one of their ex directors is trying to sue them for ?311,000, if he wins they would go into admin....as it is the word from my Livi mate is he stands little chance of winning. Dont know if this has been posted before so excuse if it has.

tartofmidlothian

Sums it up.

People used to say Celtic had a chip on their shoulder, right?

tartofmidlothian

Some of these programme digs are subtle as a brick.

"We've had many great games against Rangers over the decades, like This Game, That Game and The Other Game. Today we're pleased to welcome them for the first meeting of our clubs since financial troubles saw them readmitted to the old Third Division in 2012."

Cheeky, but polite and not desperate.

tartofmidlothian

Mixed feelings. It was a childish thing to do, but now this justifies all the self-righteous moaning about what's basically just a joke.

I actually think it's not a bad statement from their chairman.

Basically "Sorry if we upset you, it wasn't intentional." whilst not actually saying the article was incorrect.

Utter joke, horrible club

They are, and Livingston should have asked them why they were so upset.

Cardiac Rucksack

The whole sevco, no history stuff, got really old a good while ago.

Personally hope we don't bother with any of that guff.

Personally hope we don't bother with any of that guff.

Exactly. No comments or words on the history of Rangers or what happened during the last 3 years. If you make mere mention of them being liquidated and problems started with an aggresive tax avoidance scheme it gets them all in a tizzy.

So a simple here is their squad, squad numbers and age for each player being the only reference we need make.

It could have been so different. If only we had believed their lies.

Ron Burgundy

Rise above it however the programme should state Heart of Midlothian versus The Rangers. Factual and cannot be construed as anything else.

tartofmidlothian

Do we know what the crowd trouble was about. Rangers fans fighting each other.

I think one of them smirked while they were reading the programme.

Ibrahim Tall

Livi's programme editor has 'resigned'. They're advertising for a 'New Match Programme Editor wanted' already.

Shameful.

Livi's programme editor has 'resigned'. They're advertising for a 'New Match Programme Editor wanted' already.

Shameful.

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livi-programme-editor-quits-1-3567667

Here is the link. Bullying again.

Did the Falkirk tannoy announcer not get suspended for something similar, until he apologised.

I think he referred to Rangers as NewCo.

Archived