Well done livi!

sam?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling to see which part could have been deemed incorrect. Directors going to sort out what? Just because a volunteer penned the article, does not make it any less truthful.

Still, a compliant "rest of Scottish football" is required to align with the media, and demand a strong The Rangers, which is obviously best for everyone. With the holy grail of 4 OF derbies being restored to its rightful position as the only reason Scottish football exists.

We_are_the_Hearts

I will be disappointed if our club avoid the truth just Incase they upset Scotland's shame

Biggest livi win - livingston 2-1 rangers

Biggest Raith - Rangers 4-0 Livingston

Pretty horrendous piece of work overall.

Funny though.

Biggest livi win - livingston 2-1 rangers

Biggest Raith - Rangers 4-0 Livingston

Pretty horrendous piece of work overall.

Funny though.

Bad error, but nothing to get upset about.

Livingston are one small step away from administration again, so in getting a laugh and poking fun at Rangers they antagonise what will be one of their main revenue streams this season. Someone somewhere employed an outside source to print this not so subtle wind up. I have a soft spot for Livi, but in joining the vultures already struggling to find a scrap of meat on this already stripped clean carcasse they have possibly contributed to their own iminent demise. Not the best survival strategy insulting opponents in the match programme.

Livingston are one small step away from administration again, so in getting a laugh and poking fun at Rangers they antagonise what will be one of their main revenue streams this season. Someone somewhere employed an outside source to print this not so subtle wind up. I have a soft spot for Livi, but in joining the vultures already struggling to find a scrap of meat on this already stripped clean carcasse they have possibly contributed to their own iminent demise. Not the best survival strategy insulting opponents in the match programme.

That's the third time this week I have heard that.

Neilson's Shank

Truth always hurts, but dignity is far more important, I know there are splt opinions here but silence unless we are talking about on field performance by Rangers (which is risable) sho?ld be the order of the day.

kingantti1874

I think someone is hurting :lol:

Joking apart I do not think its appropriate content for a programme - that however doesn't mean it is not accurate.

Not hurting mate, I,m no hun, although I was in my hairy youth, as can be seen if you check out my few previous posts, simply stating the obvious, that in what modern day universe is it acceptable to mock opponents in an official match day programme ?. Everyone one on here hates Hibs, everybody hates Rangers and Celtic. But we have too much class as a club to print an OFFICIAL match day programme insulting opponents no matter how much we may personally despise said clubs. Its classless and us being in the main part a classy club wouldnt do it ourselves, So we shouldn't think its a smart move when perpetrated by others.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not hurting mate, I,m no hun, although I was in my hairy youth, as can be seen if you check out my few previous posts, simply stating the obvious, that in what modern day universe is it acceptable to mock opponents in an official match day programme ?. Everyone one on here hates Hibs, everybody hates Rangers and Celtic. But we have too much class as a club to print an OFFICIAL match day programme insulting opponents no matter how much we may personally despise said clubs. Its classless and us being in the main part a classy club wouldnt do it ourselves, So we shouldn't think its a smart move when perpetrated by others.

How is it insulting when it is factual?

When Sevco visit Tynecastle next month, it will be for the first time in their three season history.

If it's factual, it must be more hurtful than insulting. When you've been at the top it must be hard adjusting to the ultimate failure that is liquidation.

Yes indeed it is factual, and as you say we will be hosting a new club when they visit. but imagine a hypothetical scenario when the next time Hibs visit Tynie that OUR official match day programme prints a full double centre spread commemorating the day when we destroyed them for all time, with accomanying gloating comments, and referring to Hibs as perpetual losers, referring to their fans as lacking in personal hygeine, --- all these things may have an element of truth, but it would not bestow class on the club for printing them. I know and you know that should someone launch an orchestrated attack against our club in an official capacity--eg--a match programme or a newspaper article--we would be outraged and rightly so. I would hate a future when match programmes were used to initiate hatred and ill feeling towards opponents and that includes Hibs , Rangers, Celtic and the lot. Give opponents respect and you will receive appropriate respect in return-------you may say I'm a dreamer--but perhaps if we are going to save football from a dismal future we need to start by welcoming visiting fans with the class that would be expected from an historic club like Hearts, do so and football will be the winner---not slagging off visiting fans in the match programme.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes indeed it is factual, and as you say we will be hosting a new club when they visit. but imagine a hypothetical scenario when the next time Hibs visit Tynie that OUR official match day programme prints a full double centre spread commemorating the day when we destroyed them for all time, with accomanying gloating comments, and referring to Hibs as perpetual losers, referring to their fans as lacking in personal hygeine, --- all these things may have an element of truth, but it would not bestow class on the club for printing them. I know and you know that should someone launch an orchestrated attack against our club in an official capacity--eg--a match programme or a newspaper article--we would be outraged and rightly so. I would hate a future when match programmes were used to initiate hatred and ill feeling towards opponents and that includes Hibs , Rangers, Celtic and the lot. Give opponents respect and you will receive appropriate respect in return-------you may say I'm a dreamer--but perhaps if we are going to save football from a dismal future we need to start by welcoming visiting fans with the class that would be expected from an historic club like Hearts, do so and football will be the winner---not slagging off visiting fans in the match programme.

Given that the same bastions of dignity bullied Montrose into an apology for daring to print the truth, I have no problem with them being upset.

Generic Username

There is a difference in factually stating the financial history of a club and suggesting their fans are smelly.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is a difference in factually stating the financial history of a club and suggesting their fans are smelly.

Fair point.

William H. Bonney

Both are factually accurate as far as I'm concerned.

Der Hun doth protest too much methinks :D

I should never have posted--I,m no Hun, but I'm an old hippy with a basic belief in love and peace to all men, I cant hate, Hibs, I cant hate Rangers nor can I hate Celtic--I love Hearts as much as anyone. You will note my invective has turned away from specific perceived insult to Rangers and onto the hate which is permeating football at all clubs towards others--it seems there is so much more hate in football these days and as an enjoyable family sport it is much diminished as a result

My beardy, sandal wearing lentil munching hippy heart sinks when hatred is sold to the football attending fans in the guise of what should be a happy family orientated publication.

Love and Peace my fellow Jambos

Silvery_Moon

Could have been worse. Instead of printing the head to head between the clubs the programme could have said this was the first fixture between the clubs.

The Old Tolbooth

The lad on the radio stated that The Rangers had taken 7,500 fans to Livingston yesterday, yet the crowd was only 5,924 ish, how did they work that one out? :lol:

Get the truth told about those knuckle dragging scumbags and keep hitting them where it hurts, absolutely zero sympathy for them!

"Really think that everyone should now just say that new and old

gers are the exact same club from now on, and that there should

be laws against telling the truth about new gers.

That way the new gers fans will brainwash everyone into

believing a myth."

There's an old rangers. There's a new rangers. But they're the same. And anyone who points out that two different things, which apparently are the same, are in fact different should be arrested.

About as over it as hibs are with 5-1.

The lad on the radio stated that The Rangers had taken 7,500 fans to Livingston yesterday, yet the crowd was only 5,924 ish, how did they work that one out? :lol:

Get the truth told about those knuckle dragging scumbags and keep hitting them where it hurts, absolutely zero sympathy for them!

the official crowd doesn't include rangers fans hauled off by the polis.

Mmmm.......sort of funny Livi to wind up the currant buns.

However as a unsecured creditor I lost a four figure lump of money to Livi when they went under so can at least partly see Tams point TBH.

Walter Bishop

There was slightly more than the number of Hearts fans that turned out for the petrofact cup.

Only Huns could get upset over a factual article.

They are like some sort of extremist sect - they have both an entitlement and a persecution complex.

Bampots to a man/woman

The Old Tolbooth

the official crowd doesn't include rangers fans hauled off by the polis.

:lol:

There was slightly more than the number of Hearts fans that turned out for the petrofact cup.

I can't wait to go there, we'll fill the place!

If I had a choice which person I would rather be alive between Hilter & Andrew Dickson, it's Adlof all the way!

They keep saying how they're going to remember everyone who has wronged them and how "karma is a bitch".

What power do they actually think they have?

Like they can bankrupt any club they want by having a half arsed boycott.

Not sure what's wrong with what is written. Simply stating the facts. Why do The Rangers fans get so wound up about hearing the truth?

Not enough in my opinion.

I'll have a go at them every time about absolutely anything I can, if for no other reason other than to wind up the mutants that follow them.

Not sure what's wrong with what is written. Simply stating the facts. Why do The Rangers fans get so wound up about hearing the trutha

Cos it's painfully, almost unbearably (see what I did there) , hurting them. They want to keep pretending that nothing changed, same club, etc, etc, etc. Is it really true that Sevco are demanding an apology I hope Meadowbank Thistle are demanding an apology for yet another demonstration of sectarian bigotry by Sevco fans and their fans assault on the police.

Truth always hurts, but dignity is far more important, I know there are splt opinions here but silence unless we are talking about on field performance by Rangers (which is risable) sho?ld be the order of the day.

Why should the demise of Rangers be a taboo subject and labelled as undignified ??

Anything negative we and every other club in Scottish football have ever experienced has been fair game for them and always will be.

Even better is how did they mange to sell 'Rangers' 7500 tickets yet have a total announced attendance of 5924.

All we kept hearing about was this 7500 support yet they manged to get the numbers down and save themselves some tax payments....If only Craig Whyte had spoken to them first.

Holyrood_Hearts

Well played Livingston.

Anything that upsets The Rangers is alright by me.

frank skinner

They must have used the Aberdeen having, 5.000 sheep in 2 sections of the Roseburn abacus.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't do something similar in our programme. All time record played 1 won 1.

Funny I thought I had misheard that when I checked the attendance, thought it was just my hearing, so glad someone else heard the same.

Factually correct report in the programme. See nothing wrong other than upsetting Orc knuckle dragging glory hunting bigots.....which is nice!

Wait. So one or two particularly blinkered orcs have been rattled on account of Livingston mentioning one or two home truths, and they are demanding explanation? Pahahahahahaha!!

I honestly hope we publish our record against them in our program without any reference whatsoever to the previous embodiment, as quite frankly, that is now completely irrelevant.

Archived