• Last Reply
scott herbertson

Wheatfield - 3

Gorgie - 4

Main - 1

H - 99

J - 5

Total - 112

I doubt they will do walk ups - systems in place for tickets sales prob doesn't allow it

My guess is by 10am K will be open

Footballfirst

K now open, but not the front section.

I think that it is a misjudgement on the part of the club not to offer "Bronze" seats at this point. There are no seats together at that price band anywhere in the stadium. Anyone, whose finances are tight, may choose not to go rather than pay the "Gold" prices.

The Treasurer

I think that it is a misjudgement on the part of the club not to offer "Bronze" seats at this point. There are no seats together at that price band anywhere in the stadium. Anyone, whose finances are tight, may choose not to go rather than pay the "Gold" prices.

May be something to do with crowd safety/segregation.

No idea if this is the case just a possible explanation why the front section is unavailable

Francis Albert

No idea if this is the case just a possible explanation why the front section is unavailable

Can't imagine how it could possibly be a safety/segregation issue.

Footballfirst

It is possible the that front section is available for sale at the Ticket Office, or that stewarding costs will increase with every section or part section that is opened up.

To me, it looks more likely that the club is seeking to maximise its revenue, by forcing fans to buy more expensive seats. Its fine that the club is seeking to maximise revenue, but it shouldn't be done with the thought of how much can we get out of the fans pockets by limiting their access to cheaper seats.

Looks like another sunny day at Tynecastle tomorrow as well going by the forecast so no excuses for not packing the place out once again !

It's obviously to maximise revenue. They'll release the bronze ones once they have sold enough gold.

They don't want people buying a cheap seat and then sitting in an unsold dearer seat.

Why are you called "The Treasurer "? :)

Bronze seats were available in H & J for around a month, I got them there a couple of weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why is K opened last? Isn't this the section right in the middle?? It always seems weird to me to see this section almost empty and the other sections in the Roseburn almost full like the lower section in the corner. I'm sure they would rather sit in upper K.

The Treasurer

It is possible the that front section is available for sale at the Ticket Office, or that stewarding costs will increase with every section or part section that is opened up.

To me, it looks more likely that the club is seeking to maximise its revenue, by forcing fans to buy more expensive seats. Its fine that the club is seeking to maximise revenue, but it shouldn't be done with the thought of how much can we get out of the fans pockets by limiting their access to cheaper seats.

So once again FF, without knowing the full FACTS, you choose to put a negative spin on something to do with the running of the club.

You may of course be right, but if it is the case that the club only want to sell the dearer seats, why is every other section not sold by opening only the top section first ?

why is K opened last? Isn't this the section right in the middle?? It always seems weird to me to see this section almost empty and the other sections in the Roseburn almost full like the lower section in the corner. I'm sure they would rather sit in upper K.

Section nearest the away fans? Presumably they open this last as it would involve employing a few extra stewards?

scott herbertson

To dispel any worries or conspiracy theories the front section in K (bronze) is now open as well. Looks as if it was just done separately and slightly slower

The Treasurer

To dispel any worries or conspiracy theories the front section in K (bronze) is now open as well. Looks as if it was just done separately and slightly slower

This can't be true.

The club are trying fleece the fans.

FF said so

Francis Albert

So once again FF, without knowing the full FACTS, you choose to put a negative spin on something to do with the running of the club.

You may of course be right, but if it is the case that the club only want to sell the dearer seats, why is every other section not sold by opening only the top section first ?

To be fair you without knowing the FULL FACTS put a positive spin on it. Anyway all's well that end's well.

We now have an interesting little test - which will sell out faster, the cheap or expensive seats? (Are concessions available in both upper and lower sections?

pettigrewsstylist

open now ,,,maybe theyre reading JKB!!

It's obviously to maximise revenue. They'll release the bronze ones once they have sold enough gold.

They don't want people buying a cheap seat and then sitting in an unsold dearer seat.

Why are you called "The Treasurer "? :)

cos he is a tight fisted auld git who hates spending money especially his own !!

The Treasurer

To be fair you without knowing the FULL FACTS put a positive spin on it. Anyway all's well that end's well.

We now have an interesting little test - which will sell out faster, the cheap or expensive seats? (Are concessions available in both upper and lower sections?

Apologies for trying to be positive about my team

scott herbertson

Most important thing to note is this is a remarkable number of tickets to have sold for a Championship game. Remembering back to the old first division days of the eighties even the bigger important games had much lower crowds.

An additional point is that it is possible we will have DOUBLE the attendance that Hibs got for the same fixture, with no price inducements or kids days. Truly, we are seeing some great days at Tynie and the promise of many more to come

Most important thing to note is this is a remarkable number of tickets to have sold for a Championship game. Remembering back to the old first division days of the eighties even the bigger important games had much lower crowds.

An additional point is that it is possible we will have DOUBLE the attendance that Hibs got for the same fixture, with no price inducements or kids days. Truly, we are seeing some great days at Tynie and the promise of many more to come

Absolutely, well said!

Footballfirst

It looks like Lower K is winning already - 24 gone compared to 18 in Upper K

"The Treasurer" - All I want from the club is to make as many seats available, in all price bands, as far as is reasonably possible. That way you will attract fans of all means to attend games. Like another poster above, I would have preferred that "K" was the first section opened in the Roseburn (notwithstanding security considerations). That way, what are perceived as the "best seats" in the Roseburn are available to all pay as you go fans first, and not just to those who make a last minute decision to attend in the 24 hours before a game.

Goldstone Wonder

I bought two in upper K a couple of hours ago and was offered both upper and lower. I paid ?23 for my ticket. How much would it have cost me for a Lower K ticket?

I bought two in upper K a couple of hours ago and was offered both upper and lower. I paid ?23 for my ticket. How much would it have cost me for a Lower K ticket?

?17 I think. Quite a big difference as upper is Gold category and lower is bronze.

The Treasurer

"The Treasurer" - All I want from the club is to make as many seats available, in all price bands, as far as is reasonably possible. That way you will attract fans of all means to attend games. Like another poster above, I would have preferred that "K" was the first section opened in the Roseburn (notwithstanding security considerations). That way, what are perceived as the "best seats" in the Roseburn are available to all pay as you go fans first, and not just to those who make a last minute decision to attend in the 24 hours before a game.

All clubs, not just Hearts, will keep seats in or nearest the "segregation" areas until last. Just so happens that theses seats are probably better than the ones previously available.

Fans of all means have had plenty time to purchase cheaper tickets if that was what their budget allowed.

either way someone is getting disadvantaged .. if only crap seats are left then it will affect the walk up / last minute guys

I think the club are doing this the best they can

The club is doing grand on ticket distribution. The new site makes ticket purchase options more obvious. It makes sense to sell the first two section out and then work in from there.

With good weather and a little hype about how Dumbarton are the only team we haven't beat yet -- K can sell out tomorrow

Just wait and see!

Bertie gone

Looks like four might have been returned, the four are all next to each other in T3 Row 18

I wouldn't agree that K is a better view than J.

K is right behind the goals so if you are unlucky your view can be obscured by crossbar/nets etc.

section J gives a clear view of the pitch and is reasonably central.

mainstandjambo

Wheatfield - 5

Gorgie - 4

Main - 7

H - 58

J - 10

K - 502

Total - 586

Given that L and M hold approximately 1483, that means we are at present about 2069 below capacity, this figure will be lower as does not take into account how many away fans there may be. Would look like we will have a crowd in the region of 15,500. That would be 7600 more than Hibs got last week against same opposition.

Looks like four might have been returned, the four are all next to each other in T3 Row 18

Some returns in Upper N as well, I just got 2 together.

scott herbertson

Wheatfield - 5

Gorgie - 4

Main - 7

H - 58

J - 10

K - 502

Total - 586

Given that L and M hold approximately 1483, that means we are at present about 2069 below capacity, this figure will be lower as does not take into account how many away fans there may be. Would look like we will have a crowd in the region of 15,500. That would be 7600 more than Hibs got last week against same opposition.

Wheatfield - 3

Gorgie - 4

Main - 3

H - 59

J - 6

K - 485

Total - 560

Still selling fast

N3 upper by chance ;-)

Yep, yours perchance?

I'll look after mine but the wifes a fat bassa so can't make any guarantees.

Francis Albert

I make it pretty even now - 45 lower, 43 upper. Suggests price sensitivity is not as big a factor as sometimes assumed?

Francis Albert

Agreed. Living down south (as I think you do) I just wonder if the Scottish media has picked up on this very positive story.

Yep, yours perchance?

I'll look after mine but the wifes a fat bassa so can't make any guarantees.

Indeed. Relocated to Roseburn and purchased additional seats for other family members

I'm sure you & missus will enjoy the N3 crack :)

maltese jambo

Anyone know why Hearts have removed the Student ticket options? Is this deliberate or a mistake?

The Treasurer

Agreed. Living down south (as I think you do) I just wonder if the Scottish media has picked up on this very positive story.

I think there's more chance of you and FF posting a positive thread about FoH :bucktooth:

Just joking.

But do you really think the media will want to show us in a good positive way. Doesn't fit in with their "armagedddon without the OF" story line

The Treasurer

Anyone know why Hearts have removed the Student ticket options? Is this deliberate or a mistake?

Clearly work shy layabouts have no place in the new regime.

Quite right too :tiny:

Indeed. Relocated to Roseburn and purchased additional seats for other family members

I'm sure you & missus will enjoy the N3 crack :)

We were in Row N for most of last season and did enjoy the crack up there. Not too keen on the Roseburn but hey-ho, when needs must.

Francis Albert

I think there's more chance of you and FF posting a positive thread about FoH :bucktooth:

Just joking.

But do you really think the media will want to show us in a good positive way. Doesn't fit in with their "armagedddon without the OF" story line

No I just wanted my guess confirmed! I've heardabout the BBC drooling about 7500 Rangers fans at Livingston (in a crowd of less than 6000!). I just hadn't seen anything about the hugely positive news about

attendances at Tynecastle (or indeed our away games).

Archived