'worldy"

kingantti1874

I thought it meant sophisticated, well-travelled, knowledgeable, and was quite useful.

Is there some new chewed-up meaning I'm missing?

I think you mean worldly

Heard a mate say it after a game of 5s the other night saying so and so scored a "worldy" tonight.....:cornette:

Beauty or screamer is enough for me.

Never heard of it.. What does it mean then ?

A great goal or tackle I think.. It's atrocious - the first person I heard say it was David Moyes.. Cringe every time I hear it

Never heard of it.. What does it mean then ?

Assume it means world-class. Sort of Aussie shite phrasing of the sort introduced by Neighbours.

To me it means experienced, maybe someone who has a bit of knowledge, and has been round the block a few times.

Assume it means world-class. Sort of Aussie shite phrasing of the sort introduced by Neighbours.

Is it an abbreviated form of 'other worldly' maybe?

Heard a mate say it after a game of 5s the other night saying so and so scored a "worldy" tonight.....:cornette:

Beauty or screamer is enough for me.

If it's that good, it has to be referred to as 'a ******* peach'.

It's from Geordie Shore, ment to mean a lassie from any where but Europe!!

So my nephew has just spouted out!!

Right up there with "tekkers" as the most tragic cases of modern television desperately trying to make football "youth relevant" and failing horrifically.

Football is fine as it is leave it alone and if I hear you use this phrase I will assume you are a complete numpty and ignore whatever else you are saying

Is it not after a video game with a name something like "World Cup Soccer" or similar, where you could skin the whole team and pop it in the top corner fairly easily.

Archived