*** OFFICIAL JKB RYDER CUP THREAD ***

Walter Bishop

Friday cant come quick enough, day off work booked, will be glued to TV all weekend. Gutted will miss the climax on Sunday with our game kicking off at 4:05pm!!!

What would your pairings be??

Day 1 Morning Foursomes

Garcia and Kaymer

Mcilroy and Poulter

Rose and Stenson

Westwood and Bjorn

Afternoon Fourballs

Garcia and Poulter

Dubuisson and Westwood

McDowell and McIlroy

Donaldson and Stenson

mulleted_jambo

I was just looking to see if there was a thread on this already and this one popped up when I realised there wasn't.

I'm not sure what I will do it's very tight in the lead up to 4:00 on Sunday. Living on Gorgie Road I can leave it till the last minute to make a decision. I could see myself ending up just staying and watching the golf to be honest.

Does anyone know roughly what time each round starts at each day? Trying to plan stuff around it. And of course I am working from home on Friday.

Working Friday and will miss it. Heading up on Saturday. Sunday I suspect I will be missing our game and will flick between the two on TV.

Arnold Rothstein

Friday cant come quick enough, day off work booked, will be glued to TV all weekend. Gutted will miss the climax on Sunday with our game kicking off at 4:05pm!!!

What would your pairings be??

Day 1 Morning Foursomes

Garcia and Kaymer

Mcilroy and Poulter

Rose and Stenson

Westwood and Bjorn

Afternoon Fourballs

Garcia and Poulter

Dubuisson and Westwood

McDowell and McIlroy

Donaldson and Stenson

Foursomes

Poulter and Rose (almost a given i'd say)

McIlroy and McDowell (not as certain as it might have been previously but i think they'll still be played together)

Garcia and Kaymer

Stenson and Bjorn

Fourballs

Kaymer and Dubuisson

Westwood and Gallacher

Rose and Donaldson

McIlroy and Poulter

Working Friday and will miss it. Heading up on Saturday. Sunday I suspect I will be missing our game and will flick between the two on TV.

You not tempted to go to our game and then keep eye on golf on your phone?

Arnold Rothstein

I'm pieing the game for the golf. I suspect quite a few others will be too.

Apart from the mad unnecessary scheduling of a live football game at the same time as the likely deciding holes...

Great competition - fantastic its in Scotland - hope everyone enjoys it.

Off all week, will be watching on TV Friday and Sunday and going up at 5 on Saturday morning for the day. Can't wait.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Got a free ticket for Thursday's practice day so there's a group of us heading up for that. Was tempted to ask for a Saturday ticket as well but didn't want to chance my luck.

Busy all day up to and including the game on Sunday so the likelihood is I'll see very little of the final day, but I'll try and find a stream on my phone probably.

Been there today. Working all week up there. Its absolutely spectacular. Way bigger than The Open in terms of stands, and facilities.

It's hard enough trying to get a signal to check the football scores at Tynecastle, never mind trying to stream TV.

I had assumed I was missing the match when it was to be played on Saturday anyway, so at least this way I will get to see it.

Samuel Camazzola

Giving Gallacher his debut in the fourballs looks likely.

Garcia and Kaymer is a highly possible pairing.

Europe's team looks very strong and fancy them to do it again.

Can't wait for this. Sky plussed all of the "How the ryder cup was won" programmes and have watched 97, 99, 02, 04 and currently watching 06.

Sam's tears in 02 get me every time! :(

Good programme on Radio 5 just now. The best Rider Cup players "statisticaly" Garcia and Faldo a long way down. Seve at no.12. Larry Nelson at 5, Poulter at 3. Top two to come.

Watched the programme last night about Poulter, "Europe`s postman" you have to take your hat off to the guy, hard work an determination has got him where he is.

TV on Friday, going up on Saturday and like others, will make a call re the game on Sunday depending on how things are going.

Up Wednesday and Thursday for practice days, in front of the tv all day Friday, back up Saturday early doors, the likely miss our game Sunday to catch it all on tv

Heading up tomorrow then back up on Saturday, think it will be football on Sunday whilst trying to avoid any updates and watch the rest when I get home.

Just back from today's practice session. Don't think I've seen the course in as great nick, as you would expect. Was close to the players when they played and moved to the next tees and without exception they were in good humour and extremely generous with the time they spent with youngsters giving out badges and markers, maybe some other sportsmen could look and learn a wee bit from them !!

Red Hot Chilli Pipers playing at lunchtime went down a storm, first time I've seen them and they were s**t hot, lots of dancing Americans wondering what the hell was going on and absolutely loving it.

Anyway if you're going you'll have a great time but remember to bring your (bulging) wallet, a pint and a small glass of wine = ?10.50, burger ?8 or fish and chips ?10 but what the hell you'll probably only get to one Ryder cup unless you're really lucky so just go for it !!

Probably get most of Friday morning but Old Faither McFrench is getting married Friday afternoon so that's scuppered the afternoon games

Will watch as much as Saturdays as I can and will be doing a shit load of channel hopping on Sunday

Sexton Hardcastle

Saturday is some day of sport.

This. Merseyside derby at lunchtime and North London derby tea time.

Lager shall flow.

Mickelson stirring thins up at his press conference today...

?Well, not only are we able to play together, we also don?t litigate against each other and that?s a real plus, I feel, heading into this week.?

Mickelson stirring thins up at his press conference today...

?Well, not only are we able to play together, we also don?t litigate against each other and that?s a real plus, I feel, heading into this week.?

Yass, we need more of this.

The way the course is set up would appear to suit the Americans. It'll be a birdie blitz on Friday. It's a beautiful course and loads of natural vantage points. Should be good if you going to the match days!

Samuel Camazzola

The way the course is set up would appear to suit the Americans. It'll be a birdie blitz on Friday. It's a beautiful course and loads of natural vantage points. Should be good if you going to the match days!

Wouldn't agree with the course suiting the Americans more. A bulk of the European team are members of the PGA Tour and have been succeeding on it. It's going to be close but fancy Europe to do it again.

The rough has been grown to European tour event length, this will not suit the U.S. team at all.

The rough has been grown to European tour event length, this will not suit the U.S. team at all.

Looked pretty short to me, much like the length of the course. Very few hazards in play, decent weather as well. I think the time has come for the US. Hope not.

Looked pretty short to me, much like the length of the course. Very few hazards in play, decent weather as well. I think the time has come for the US. Hope not.

Very strong winds Friday/Saturday.

Archived