Team for Wednesday v Celtic

gashauskis9

Definitely play the full team and go with two up top, I really don't consider Celtic a strong team just now and we can definitely cause problems for them

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldcastlerock2012

Keeping the ball will be key so I'd like to see Holt instead of a second striker.

Alexander

McGhee Wilson Ozturk Eckersley

Gomis Bauben

King Holt Walker

Sow

Subs: Keatings, Carrick, Hamilton, Robinson, Mackay

First decision is the League is the priority but nothing wrong with a cup run or two.

Second decision is who is 100% fit and not just 95%...only those who are 100% should be selected (McHattie, Nicholson and McGhee ?)

Once the above has been taken into account then the manager has to work out his tactics then select the team based on them and whether he feels a couple of players require game time e.g El Hassnaoui ,Holt, Carrick or the return of Buaben...of course there is also Pallardo to consider.

There's only 5 subs allowed so that will need to be taken into account especially as one will likely be a goalkeeper.. Halliwell I presume.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

Walker Gomis Buaben King

Holt

Sow

Bench Sub Gk, El Hass, Keatings, Carrick, Mcghee, Robinson, Nicholson if available.

I suspect team spirit isn't great at Parkhead at the moment. Deila complaining about lack of leadership on the pitch, which won't go down too well. Unfortunately I think Scott Brown provides that and no doubt he will be playing on Weds since he seems the only one able to give that leadership.

If we come out of this with no players injured or sent off that'll do me.

Spot on. Really concerned that our pal Collum will dish out a straight red to one of our key players.

Caspian Primrose

No bad injuries or suspensions (i cant see him putting a shadow team out) is all i really care about. Fully focused on the league however i wouldnt be surprised if we done them.

I suspect that one or two players that need game time will come in (El Has, Holt etc) but not too many changes. Possibly either Wilson or Ozturk may be rested with McGhee given a chance to play CH alongside an experienced partner. Personally I'd be tempted to leave Gomis out as he's fast becoming a very important player for us.

Having read the Sunday papers I'm not sure it will matter what team we put out.

The media and the bigot brothers are making noises about relishing the prospect of an OF tie in the latter stages of the LC.

So Collum (and whoever is in charge for the sevco-Falkirk game) will be "under instruction" to keep the "dream" alive

I'd stick with Keatings over Holt.

Keatings has a great work rate, more likely to put a poor Celtic defence under pressure and knows where the goal is.

I'd stick with Keatings over Holt.

Keatings has a great work rate, more likely to put a poor Celtic defence under pressure and knows where the goal is.

And have a point to prove to them.

Alexander

McGhee Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

King Gomis Robinson Walker

Holt

Keatings

Subs: Halliwell, Paterson, El Hass, Buaben, Carrick, Sow, McKay

In an ideal world I'd like to play our strongest team and hump them but If push came to shove I'd rather lose this match than any league game so my selection would err on the cautious side.

Don't really care as the high priest will see that we are goosed, I don't want to be spending the evening moaning about the GFA and how right I was about the rediculus decisions dished out to us during the game. If we are going to get players sent of for Christ sake make it worth while.Having said that park the bus and a 90+Carrick goal would be just fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alexander

King Buaben Gomis Walker

El Hass

Sow

After Carrick's fantastic performance on Saturday I think he deserves a start. El Has also looked good but he didn't score twice and hit the crossbar! Also I think El Has might be too similar in style to Sow, those two might be sharing the one up front duties.

We_are_the_Hearts

After Carrick's fantastic performance on Saturday I think he deserves a start. El Has also looked good but he didn't score twice and hit the crossbar! Also I think El Has might be too similar in style to Sow, those two might be sharing the one up front duties.

Dale has said himself he is not ready to start

Full strength team but without taking risks would do me. If McHattie, Nicholson etc aren't quite 100% then I wouldn't like to see them risked for the sake of this game.

Hopefully El Hassnaoui starts.

mainstandjambo

Just watched press conference on Hearts TV. RN saying we will put out a strong team with a couple of changes from last Saturday. Imagine Bauben will come back possibly for Robinson.

We_are_the_Hearts

Just watched press conference on Hearts TV. RN saying we will put out a strong team with a couple of changes from last Saturday. Imagine Bauben will come back possibly for Robinson.

Buaben for Robinson and Holt for Keatings I would guess at.

I would play a similar line up to the team that played against Cowdenbeath, but with the following changes:

McGhee instead of Paterson

Carrick instead of Keatings

This means we'll have McHattie, Nicholson, Paterson, Bauben and Keatings all fresh for the Livingston match.

Whilst I hope we give as good as we've got in this competition, the league is the most important thing.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would play a similar line up to the team that played against Cowdenbeath, but with the following changes:

McGhee instead of Paterson

Carrick instead of Keatings

This means we'll have McHattie, Nicholson, Paterson, Bauben and Keatings all fresh for the Livingston match.

Whilst I hope we give as good as we've got in this competition, the league is the most important thing.

Buaben is a must start for me, really missed him.

If he has said "a strong team with a couple of changes" then I don't expect our strongest team out. Assuming that's how he's said it, I'd suggest it may be Gomis or Keatings who will drop for Buaben. I also do not expect McHattie or Nicholson to return.

Hagar the Horrible

The Celtic fans in my work are actually worried we might give them a doing? I said we might put out a weakened side because the league is our number one priority? and still they are worried more?

We_are_the_Hearts

The Celtic fans in my work are actually worried we might give them a doing? I said we might put out a weakened side because the league is our number one priority? and still they are worried more?

They will bring back Brown, Johannson, Scepovic, Commons and the Ghanian guy so they will be a lot stronger than Sunday

I'd like Buaben back in for Robinson

And El Hass to start for either Keatings or Sow.

If Nicholson's injury wasnt much in real terms I'd start with him ahead of Walker.

If he has said "a strong team with a couple of changes" then I don't expect our strongest team out. Assuming that's how he's said it, I'd suggest it may be Gomis or Keatings who will drop for Buaben. I also do not expect McHattie or Nicholson to return.

That's pretty much exactly how he says it. The journalist makes reference to the league being our priority and hints towards the team put out against Livingston along with Deila saying he's putting out a strong team.

Robbie says 'strong team' not strongest, so their will definitely be a few changes but not to the extent of the Challenge Cup game

mulleted_jambo

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson McHattie

King Buaben Gomis Holt Nicholson

Sow

This is what I was thinking but Holt in the hole and supporting Sow. We have options to bring Carrick on if we are behind and go 442, or El Hass and keep the formation the same.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersly

King Buaben Gomis Nicholson

Holt

Sow

Actually I just noticed you had McHattie in there. I would stick with Eckersly for this one.

I'd like Buaben back in for Robinson

And El Hass to start for either Keatings or Sow.

If Nicholson's injury wasnt much in real terms I'd start with him ahead of Walker.

I've a feeling that Robinson will keep his place. He did well on Saturday and as he's not considered "first pick" for the league he will benefit from as much game time as he can get.

Celtic to play their strongest team according to Delia.

I doubt he knows his strongest team tbh.

I read they have used 28 players so far this season. Last year they used 31 over the whole campaing.

We are underdogs but we have a good chance tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing how we shape up against a Premiership side.

Weakened side please Robbie in a diamond formation as follows:

Robinson

Robinson Robinson Robinson Robinson

Robinson

Robinson Robinson

Robinson

Robinson Robinson

Subs: you got it.....

Buaben is a must start for me, really missed him.

we won 5-1 at the weekend. I imagine we'd gave got ten if he'd played.

I'd start him but come on.

We_are_the_Hearts

we won 5-1 at the weekend. I imagine we'd gave got ten if he'd played.

I'd start him but come on.

Missed him for 135 out of the 180 mins he was absent. Fact.

Missed him for 135 out of the 180 mins he was absent. Fact.

Maybe, like other players having a poor day, he'd have struggled at Dumbarton. Who knows.

We_are_the_Hearts

Maybe, like other players having a poor day, he'd have struggled at Dumbarton. Who knows.

Fair enough, I just think we missed the energy he gives us between Gomis and the strikers.

I've a feeling that Robinson will keep his place. He did well on Saturday and as he's not considered "first pick" for the league he will benefit from as much game time as he can get.

Maybe, but equally he will want Buaben to keep his match fitness up for the league so he might thinks he needs time on the pitch

Also my plan would be for El Hass to be replaced by Carrick around 55 minute mark.

He'll get the sack if we win. Must win game for them.

Yes if we win he will be under serious pressure. I think it is a good game for us, no pressure for us to do anything. All the pressure is on them. We are not expected to get a result so even if we lose it is no big deal. I hope we play a strong team and go out and give it a go. the longer it stays 0-0 the more frustrated their crowd will get.

Alexander

King Buaben Gomis Walker

El Hass

Sow

That's the team for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alexander

Mcghee Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

Paterson Gomis Buaben Mchattie

Sow Keatings

Keeping our young stars on the bench to come on if need be.

Archived