Team for Wednesday v Celtic

gashauskis9

I've a feeling that Robinson will keep his place. He did well on Saturday and as he's not considered "first pick" for the league he will benefit from as much game time as he can get.

He will be the man Collum sends off then.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So both managers have commited to strong line-ups. Should make for a tough contest.

Which I hadn't said that I wouldn't make any more predictions (5-1 in over Dumbarton) because I'd love to predict a 3-2 win to Hearts.

Can't see us stopping them scoring. Can't see them stopping us banging in at least 3.

We_are_the_Hearts

Alexander

Paterson

Wilson

Ozturk

Mchattie

Gomis

Bauben

Pallardo

Walker

Nicholson

Sow.

Would love to see that team but can't see McHattie, Nicolson or Pallardo playing and concerned he will rest Wilson or Gomis

If Celtic are playing a strong team then we have to set up for counter attacking. King/Nicholson are perfect for this. Sow has been superb at holding up the ball to bring others into play.

Be interesting to see if we play with 1 or 2 up front.

If we play 5 in midfield I would bring holt back in. 4 in midfield then gomis/prince are essential

letsalldothebeattie

Alexander

Paterson ?zturk Wilson Eckersley

King Gomis Buaben Walker

Sow Keatings

Same as saturday. Go for it. Celtic whether it's there full XI or second string worth having a go at this celtic side. Not playing well. Don't look that confident!

Collum will be the talking point later on. He just can't help himself.

Hopefully we can rise above his pettiness and come through.

Alexander

King Gomis Buaben Walker

Sow Keatings

Same as saturday. Go for it. Celtic whether it's there full XI or second string worth having a go at this celtic side. Not playing well. Don't look that confident!

Don't mean to be picky but that wasn't Saturdays team.

letsalldothebeattie

Don't mean to be picky but that wasn't Saturdays team.

Forgot I'd put Buaben in. Well 1 change from Saturday

Would love to see that team but can't see McHattie, Nicolson or Pallardo playing and concerned he will rest Wilson or Gomis

Rest either of those players and we'll get pumped IMO. Wilson and Gomis + 9 others and I'll be satisfied tonight.

Collum will be the talking point later on. He just can't help himself.

Hopefully we can rise above his pettiness and come through.

Sadly I believe you're spot on. Any game that he referees always ends up with him being the main talking point.

Alexander

King Gomis Buaben Walker

Sow Keatings

Carrick in for Keatings. Keatings hasn't scored a hat-trick for at least 3 weeks.

letsalldothebeattie

Carrick in for Keatings. Keatings hasn't scored a hat-trick for at least 3 weeks.

Yeah true its terrible that Keatings hasnt hit a hat trick in a while

This is the best chance hearts have had in beating Celtic on a long time. RN will put out his strongest players to see hard they can be pushed. Would like to see el hass play from the start.

Sadly I believe you're spot on. Any game that he referees always ends up with him being the main talking point.

Gollum will be so happy with his mid-week day out of school,

that?s he almost certain to play his celtic ?joker? card

at some point during the game - Jeux Sans Fronti?res

Hagar the Horrible

I just want to know if King is playing, the chances of him scoring at the Brendanbau are high, and I might put a wee bet on even though I don't normally gamble? but a gut feeling is a gut feeling

If King is fit he should play imo

Nicholson should start as well

I wouldnt mind (indeed I'd maybe prefer) a midfield of Gomis Pallardo and Buaben with 3 ahead of them as Jayjay posted further up but I cant see Pallardo starting if he isnt fully match fit (which he wont be), unless the intention is to give him 45 minutes in a "keep it tight" first part to the game

He will be the man Collum sends off then.

Collum prefers to send off Celtic players looking at the stats.

Anyway, as for a prediction I think the large pitch will benefit us and if King starts I can see hm cause a lot of problems for Celtic. I think he's been our best player this season. I'm concerned about the inconsistency of Osturk and the number of cards we pick up.

I'll go for a 3-2 win for Celtic with two goals from King :-( Just based on the fact we haven't won a game Collum has reffed v Celtic since god knows when. At 10/1 I'll still be putting a fiver on us!

the jambo poet

Weakened side please Robbie in a diamond formation as follows:

Robinson

Robinson Robinson Robinson Robinson

Robinson

Robinson Robinson

Robinson

Robinson Robinson

Subs: you got it.....

What happens if Robinson is sent off which is very likely given who is refereeing?

I'd like to see our defence really tested see how they cope as even though we're on a great run etc. I still feel they've looked a little fragile. So I'd go with regular defence plus Gomis and any of the front 5 not fussed!

Hagar the Horrible

Are there odd for hearts getting a player sent-off that's a nap! According to my Falkirk mates 3angers got a massive helping hand from the match officials, I cant see if Celtic struggle they wont get help from Gollum!

Alexander

Paterson Wilson Ozturk McHattie

Gomis Buaben

Nicolson Holt King

Sow

Subs: Hamilton, Pallardo, Eckersley, Walker, Keatings, Carrick, El Hass

Are there odd for hearts getting a player sent-off that's a nap! According to my Falkirk mates 3angers got a massive helping hand from the match officials, I cant see if Celtic struggle they wont get help from Gollum!

6/1 with Paddy Power

The Old Tolbooth

We have to play our strongest eleven for this one, not just to give us the best chance of progressing, but it would be good to know how far we've come and we could measure where we are right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Celtic are playing a strong team then we have to set up for counter attacking. King/Nicholson are perfect for this. Sow has been superb at holding up the ball to bring others into play.

Be interesting to see if we play with 1 or 2 up front.

If we play 5 in midfield I would bring holt back in. 4 in midfield then gomis/prince are essential

Pretty much this. It will be a bit like our game at Ibrox (not rocket science really). I might however add in El Hass - a 'foreigner' (as in to Scottish football) who will be less likely to be intimidated by the ra Sellick brand, plus he's probably decent on the ball and smart so his slower play might offset the quicker players around him.

Really looking forward to this now. If anybody is in Glasgow this mid-afternoon and fancies a further blether over a few let me know; could do with the company.

So both managers have commited to strong line-ups. Should make for a tough contest.

Which I hadn't said that I wouldn't make any more predictions (5-1 in over Dumbarton) because I'd love to predict a 3-2 win to Hearts.

Can't see us stopping them scoring. Can't see them stopping us banging in at least 3.

You think we will get 3 past Craig Gordon though?

Found the stats for him in Hearts games on London Hearts - not the worst in terms of sendings off anyway.

However Dougie McDonald and that ***** Brines. Getting angry just looking at the figures

5 in midfield for me, but I can see Robbie changing things a little and starting with just one winger, probably King.

Think Carrick will defo come on later too.

His pace towards the end of the game could give us an edge.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersley

Gomis Buaben

Nicolson Holt King

Keatings

I suspect it will be Sow, spearheading, but I think we are more fluid with Keatings up there.

Alexander

Patterson Ozturk Wilson Eckersely

Nicholson Gomis Bauben King

Carrick Sow

2-1 Hearts! Eckersley first goal.............!!!

Robbie has as good as said in the EEN we will play a similar formation to Rangers. Sow kinda up top on his own with a player a little further back, I reckon.

We_are_the_Hearts

Robbie has as good as said in the EEN we will play a similar formation to Rangers. Sow kinda up top on his own with a player a little further back, I reckon.

I would agree. If Pallardo was fit I reckon it would be Buaben but tonight I reckon Holt or El Hass will get the nod.

I would agree. If Pallardo was fit I reckon it would be Buaben but tonight I reckon Holt or El Hass will get the nod.

Very possible.

Against Rangers we went...

King, Buaben, Gomis, Nicholson

Carrick

Sow

Now, fitness aside, I'd not be surprised if he went the same way.

We_are_the_Hearts

Very possible.

Against Rangers we went...

King, Buaben, Gomis, Nicholson

Carrick

Sow

Now, fitness aside, I'd not be surprised if he went the same way.

Pity Carrick isn't fit enough to start as he looked unbelievably sharp and up for it on Saturday. Good to have him on the bench though as the game opens up a bit.

Pity Carrick isn't fit enough to start as he looked unbelievably sharp and up for it on Saturday. Good to have him on the bench though as the game opens up a bit.

I've seen it mentioned on here that he isn't ready to start. Is that confirmed? If so, Nicholson and Carrick are those that would be questionable in that line up.

Holt? El Hassnaoui? Robinson with the three in the middle swapping? Keatings more withdrawn?

Jesus, I love having options. :)

I'd go the other way with Carrick and play him from the start - run the incredibly slow Celtic defence all over the park for as long as he can then bring Keatings or El Hass on to finish the job!

We_are_the_Hearts

I've seen it mentioned on here that he isn't ready to start. Is that confirmed? If so, Nicholson and Carrick are those that would be questionable in that line up.

Holt? El Hassnaoui? Robinson with the three in the middle swapping? Keatings more withdrawn?

Jesus, I love having options. :)

It's great to have options again. Robbie seems to prepare well so will have an idea who fits the style best and who is fit enough for the tempo we will need to play at. Carrick himself said in his interview he wasn't ready to start but that was Saturday after the game so who knows.

It's great to have options again. Robbie seems to prepare well so will have an idea who fits the style best and who is fit enough for the tempo we will need to play at. Carrick himself said in his interview he wasn't ready to start but that was Saturday after the game so who knows.

I've never heard the interview so this is proper guesswork, but maybe he meant he wasn't fit to start against Cowdenbeath? Maybe he can start tonight.

We_are_the_Hearts

I've never heard the interview so this is proper guesswork, but maybe he meant he wasn't fit to start against Cowdenbeath? Maybe he can start tonight.

Possible but he did say he wasn't ready to start yet, and that was after the game. Find out soon enough :-)

Archived