Trouble at George Square

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Just seen some really ugly scenes on Facebook were unionists/orcs have driven yes campaigners from George Square.

Think it's about time that the Scottish Government stood up to the bigots instead of sticking their head in the sand.

Cardiac Rucksack

Just seen some really ugly scenes on Facebook were unionists/orcs have driven yes campaigners from George Square.

Think it's about time that the Scottish Government stood up to the bigots instead of sticking their head in the sand.

And cut the lifeblood from their parties and thus stopping their gravy train. No politician is really interested in tackling these issues in Scotland for fear of upsetting the two sides.

Nucky Thompson

Yes campaigners?? I thought they had lost and the referendum was over

Nucky Thompson

I watched a show this morning where a labour SMP said one of her colleagues got punched in the face by a Yes voter at 9.20am outside a polling station. It works both ways and the Yes people were using a lot of intimidation in Glasgow

Diadora Van Basten

All day people have been praising the people of Scotland but the truth is there are some despicable human beings living here and this is a good example.

The Scottish parliament has been around since 1997 and has not taken any serious steps to address the issue of bigotry.

All the way through the process we have been give the line that we will be just like Norway.

And I always said no we won't because our population is very different.

These mugs hammer home the point.

Rangers fans, basically.

Yehp. Glasgow Rangers have an extremely high amount of supporters who are vile hate filled cretins who don't belong anywhere.

I watched a show this morning where a labour SMP said one of her colleagues got punched in the face by a Yes voter at 9.20am outside a polling station. It works both ways and the Yes people were using a lot of intimidation in Glasgow

These imbeciles have zero to do with the no campaign.

They are using this as an excuse to come out from under their rocks and cause trouble. Scotland's real shame.

These imbeciles have zero to do with the no campaign.

They are using this as an excuse to come out from under their rocks and cause trouble. Scotland's real shame.

Do you really think that they have not been campaigning for the No side? Really? Ten thousand of their brothers stomped along Princes Street last weekend waving Union flags, No campaign placards and singing GSTQ. . Not a nice bunch at all! I think you will find those fighting tonight were on that march with oranges sashes.

Guest C00l K1d

These people aren't on any side. They're using the vote as opportunity to start some trouble.

This.

They aren't representative of any campaign. In 08 it was a broken TV in 14 it was the referendum. Any excuse to try and riot like their Irish pals.

This.

They aren't representative of any campaign. In 08 it was a broken TV in 14 it was the referendum. Any excuse to try and riot like their Irish pals.

Are you really saying that they are not on the No side?

Do you really think that they have not been campaigning for the No side? Really? Ten thousand of their brothers stomped along Princes Street last weekend waving Union flags, No campaign placards and singing GSTQ. . Not a nice bunch at all! I think you will find those fighting tonight were on that march with oranges sashes.

2 million people voted no.

These fuds make up a very small minority and have their own agenda.

They do not represent the voice of the no campaign whatsoever.

This.

I agree they most likely aren't involved with the cmapaigns themselves, but I don't doubt for a second they aren't No voters.

Shameful thing is to think, these are the so called winners in this. They got what they wanted, which was at present, nothing, so why the need for this?

MP's leaning towards no said last night, they won't be triumphing and overly celebrating this and they are looking to galvanise the nation once again so we can carry on as one to get what we want, so why do these half wits feel the need to do so?

I agree they most likely aren't involved with the cmapaigns themselves, but I don't doubt for a second they aren't No voters.

Shameful thing is to think, these are the so called winners in this. They got what they wanted, which was at present, nothing, so why the need for this?

MP's leaning towards no said last night, they won't be triumphing and overly celebrating this and they are looking to galvanise the nation once again so we can carry on as one to get what we want, so why do these half wits feel the need to do so?

Because they are half wits?

Because they're arseholes.

No matter what way the vote had gone, these "people" would have been out in similar numbers. It's a sad fact of life that we have to share our country with these absolute cretins. They have no time for anybody elses point of view and take every opportunity to shove their hate-driven agenda down everyone's throat.

You have to wonder what they would have done had they lost...

Utterly shameful.

There's so many things I love about this country but by god it's a long way from being perfect. We're meant to be a civilised western country FFS.

Some of these low life's probably have no political interest whatsoever. It hasn't really been mentioned but a massive 120,000 people didn't even vote in Glasgow.

jamboinglasgow

Wow. I agree that they are a minority but a large noisy and aggressive minority. Surely you are aware of Unionist towns in the west of Scotland where street cobbles are painted red white and blue and murals of a white horse and a king on it are painted on walls?These are the same areas that support the Orange Walks and do, whether you like it or not, affiliate themselves with the Unionist cause and royalty. They are certainly not wanted by the No campaign, for obvious reasons, but they are part of the No campaign.

Yes, they are not wanted. I am sure the yes campaign did not want extremist nationalists like siol nan gaidheal (who have been labelled proto-fascist) involved.

Thugs are thugs, and sadly these guys would be doing this whatever the result, I wish we could end this problem

gingerjambo190512

Football has got nowt to do with the referendum but most of these bams are more than likely Rangers fans, any excuse to do nazi salutes n wrap themselves in a Union Jack, I just hope our own tea towel wavers are not out in force tomorrow

Was in Glasgow tonight blue flashing lights all over the place, there is no place for the kind of thing that happened in George Square, also Queen St station cordoned off somebody has been stabbed I really do despair at times.

• Moderators

Members please note

This thread will be let run rather than having discussion about these anti social incidents clogging up the referendum thread.

This is NOT a referendum thread, and any attempt to debate or rehash issues about the campaign will be dealt with severely. Members are also reminded that any effort to link anti social incidents with Yes or No voters, with the Yes or No campaigns, or with unionists or nationalists, will be regarded as trolls and suspended. It is obvious that some people are spoiling for a fight, and you'll not be getting one here without being suspended or banned by the moderators.

Sheriff Fatman

Some [modedit] Ned calls the sky Journalist an English Pussy while draped in the Union Flag , Doesn't know who to hate

Why does that not surprise me? Some people are just not born with the brain capacity of a delinquent Amoeba.

From the footage and photos i've seen only a handful who look over 16 or 17.Suppose you could use a football analogy here...group of wee neds with a handful of incredibly sad older men.

Embarrassing.

Archived