Will The Wee Team Eclipse 57,857 ?

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=5460

Hibernian are set to face Barcelona at Murrayfield on July 24th. An announcement is expected shortly that the Catalan giants are returning to Scotland for pre-season, twelve months after they faced Dundee United and Hearts. United drew 1-1 with Barca at Tannadice then beat Hearts 3-1 at Murrayfield.

:107years:

Guest GhostHunter
Probably, as for a second bite at the cherry, loads more neutral fans will want to see Barca.

But really, Im not worried about that.

Im more worried that once again, what we do, is eclipsed by what they are doing.

You should have taken the blue pill.

Pffft.

I doubt it, not on a Thursday night. They will have already been knocked out of the intertoto cup before this game is played :)

Dr. Bapswent
You should have taken the blue pill.

Pffft.

Your not a little jealous of them playing Barca while we play Glentorran?

I know that little fixture will be a goldmine for us.

DuffJimmy1875

No way Jos? - if it's played at Muddyfield on a Thursday night, we'll be doing well to get more than half of what you got.

Nothing to do with Big Team vs Wee Team pish - I'd estimate (and any realistic Jambo would agree) that approx 20,000 odd people either turned up to your friendly solely to see Barcelona or were vaguely Hearts-centric people who turned up because the opposition was Barcelona.

Would it have attracted nearly as many if the opposition had been a smaller Spanish/continental side?? - I think not.

As it stands, the scheduling of this friendly is lunacy, and I'll be in Mexico so however I feel about it, I can't go anyway :mad:

Back in time for the BIG game against Wigan though :rolleyes:

They wont get anywhere near that number.

Then again, even if we played Barca again this year, on a Saturday, I doubt we'd get anywhere near that number again either.

The report said it was 1-1 at Tannadice but I'm sure it was 0-1 to Barca, with an Henry goal.

Buffalo Bill

Didn't Robson score? I remember Henry complimenting him, maybe it was just his general play though.

Hagar the Horrible

Neither Rangers or Celtic beat that tally and both payed them in the competitive CL matches

I think the hobos will get about 25k more would come and see Barca but that would also require punters suffering watching HIbs:dribble:

The report said it was 1-1 at Tannadice but I'm sure it was 0-1 to Barca, with an Henry goal.

Buffalo Bill

Correct - a penalty near the end

Jam Tarts 1874

Our game against Barcelona ended up being a wasted opportunity. There were so many kids there, in their Hearts kit etc. For many of them it was probably their first Hearts game and what did we do? We served up a terrible performance, littered with laziness and indifference.

I don't understand why so many Hearts fans applauded at the end of the game, me and my mate booed them off, they were terrible.

lambojambo

If the Hobos do play Barca it will be at ER.

No way will they set themselves up for an embarressing quarter full Murrayfield!

lambojambo
Our game against Barcelona ended up being a wasted opportunity. There were so many kids there, in their Hearts kit etc. For many of them it was probably their first Hearts game and what did we do? We served up a terrible performance, littered with laziness and indifference.

I don't understand why so many Hearts fans applauded at the end of the game, me and my mate booed them off, they were terrible.

I agree mate.

I came away from that game with the fear that we were going to struggle. No skill, no tactics, no quality!

I was right!!!:sad:

Clerry Jambo

To answer Dex's question - No Way Pedro:107years:

They are the wee team and that's a Fact:p

And why do folk knock the FACT we drew close on 60,000, YES 60,000 for a pre-season friendly........

Ofcourse there were neutrals there but Muddyfield was still a sea of Maroon and White and great to see.

Lets see what the Hobos make of it:107years:

Guest GhostHunter

And why do folk knock the FACT we drew close on 60,000, YES 60,000 for a pre-season friendly........

Ofcourse there were neutrals there but Muddyfield was still a sea of Maroon and White and great to see.

Thank you.

Only took 17 posts mind.

:D

:hobofish:

Buffalo Bill
Didn't Robson score? I remember Henry complimenting him, maybe it was just his general play though.

Check the link again mate. ;)

Buffalo Bill

The Old Tolbooth

I think that the game should take place at Hampden because Barcelona have played at Murrayfield before and have an obvious advantage :sarcasm:

Robson did score a perfectly legitimate goal at 0-0 with under 10 minutes remaining but Craig 'I'm a ****ing ******' Thomson ruled it out for some reason. Then awarded a soft penalty.

Only in this country would that happen in a friendly with a home country ref in charge.

:mad:

Clerry Jambo
I think that the game should take place at Hampden because Barcelona have played at Murrayfield before and have an obvious advantage :sarcasm:

hahahahhahaha guid yin JM:)

Was my GF's nephew's first game and he enjoyed it (did get a fright when everyone cheered after our goal though) , dont think kids are that bothered about a performance to be fair.

You booed players off in a friendly for not playing well against one of the worlds greatest teams, what did you expect, us ti pish all over them???

winston churchill
No way Jos? - if it's played at Muddyfield on a Thursday night, we'll be doing well to get more than half of what you got.

Nothing to do with Big Team vs Wee Team pish - I'd estimate (and any realistic Jambo would agree) that approx 20,000 odd people either turned up to your friendly solely to see Barcelona or were vaguely Hearts-centric people who turned up because the opposition was Barcelona.

Would it have attracted nearly as many if the opposition had been a smaller Spanish/continental side?? - I think not.

As it stands, the scheduling of this friendly is lunacy, and I'll be in Mexico so however I feel about it, I can't go anyway :mad:

Back in time for the BIG game against Wigan though :rolleyes:

wont barca have an advantage, having already played at muddyfield.

also loving your excuse, about coming dressed as a seat again.

DarthVodka

According to the stories flying around Spain Barca could let go alot of their 'star' players go in the Summer. Ronaldinho and Deco look definite, others spoke about are Henry, E'to and even Messi (though I dont believe that one for a second). Riijkard has already gone and will be replaced by someone who has no first team management experience but has coached Barca B for a good few seasons

If they do face the Hobos then I cant see them attracting so many neutrals as they did before

I really enjoyed watching the likes of Ronaldinho and Iniesta last year. Really special players.

I was disappointed when I saw the likes of Ksnavicius and Beniusis as I knew that the nonsense was just going to continue for another year at least. But that didn't outweigh seeing Barca's great players.

Messi is going to the Olympics isn't he? But if he was playing against Hibs I would go to their match to see him.

I really enjoyed watching the likes of Ronaldinho and Iniesta last year. Really special players.

I was disappointed when I saw the likes of Ksnavicius and Beniusis as I knew that the nonsense was just going to continue for another year at least. But that didn't outweigh seeing Barca's great players.

Messi is going to the Olympics isn't he? But if he was playing against Hibs I would go to their match to see him.

May I be the first to say.

Hobo.

;)

According to Talk 107, the Hobo's will face Barcelona at Murrayfield in a pre season friendly.

Hibs, forever in our shadows!

Gerd Muller

Been there , done that.

I actually didnt enjoy the game. I would rather have played a premiership team at Tynecastle. Hearts vs West Brom or Portsmouth or Spurs would be a nice game.

A right James Hunt I should imagine..... ;)

I think we turned them down a wee while ago now. Poor Hibs, second choice again... :biggrin:

It'll be interesting to see what their attendance is though.

rudi must stay

don't think they'll get 57,857 for the game but they will get a big amount for it, remember alot of those fans last year didn't support us and just wanted to see Barca play. Missed oppertunity for us imo

Clerry Jambo
don't think they'll get 57,857 for the game but they will get a big amount for it, remember alot of those fans last year didn't support us and just wanted to see Barca play. Missed oppertunity for us imo

Sorry for being stupid but what opportunity has been missed:confused:

rudi must stay
Sorry for being stupid but what opportunity has been missed:confused:

us playing them again. Great cash-making oppertunity

us playing them again. Great cash-making oppertunity

i would still rather have humped the hobos the week after than play Barca!!!!!!

rudi must stay
i would still rather have humped the hobos the week after than play Barca!!!!!!

same here. The Barca game proved though that there was no togetherness, you can't win derbies if you don't have that

Been there , done that.

I actually didnt enjoy the game. I would rather have played a premiership team at Tynecastle. Hearts vs West Brom or Portsmouth or Spurs would be a nice game.

Hibs have two Premiership teams coming to Easter Road as well - Middlesbrough and Wigan. Not exactly mouthwatering, but will be a good run out.

And of course there is no way there will be a comparable crowd for Hibs v Barca - Thursday night game, big players leaving Barca (Ronaldhino especially), they finished 20 points off Real Madrid and are in decline. Plus most people that wanted to see them play at Murrayfield have had the opportunity already and are unlikely to go again, so wipe off a good chunk of the 20 odd thousand neutrals that were there.

Say What Again
The hobos will be disappointed

I'm sure they were telling us last year that it wasnt good pre-season preparation at all and they were glad they didnt go for the game

I bet you that all of a sudden a tie against Barcelona will be a money spinner as well. Yet last year when we played them it ended up costing us ?500,000 to do so. :wacko:

Or some figure like that. If I could be ersed trawling Hibs.net I could probably provide numerous links.

hughesie27

Buffalo Bill

The actual result was 1-1. The article says it was 1-0. You say the article says it was 1-1, but think it was 1-0.

Confused? I am.

First they said it was costing us ?1m.

Then it wasn't but we would get a poor crowd.

Then , when we almost filled the biggest stadium in the country , it wasn't as good a work out as them playing Bolton.

These clowns just make it up as they go along.

As usual , sloppy seconds behind the big team.

Barcelona ?

Pfft.

Old hat.

Just had a quick shifty over on deluded.net and they are having quite an argument about this game with several saying they won't go if it's at Muddyfield and that it should be played at Fester as the demand will be catered for !!

On a more serious note how is it that they have 2 home friendlies against Premiership sides (however unglamorous) whilst we are our usual shambles with nothing of note in place.

Clerry Jambo
First they said it was costing us ?1m.

Then it wasn't but we would get a poor crowd.

Then , when we almost filled the biggest stadium in the country , it wasn't as good a work out as them playing Bolton.

These clowns just make it up as they go along.

As usual , sloppy seconds behind the big team.

Barcelona ?

Pfft.

Old hat.

Exactly Boab - this to see you back for some Hobo bashing;):107years:

Jam Tarts 1874
Just had a quick shifty over on deluded.net and they are having quite an argument about this game with several saying they won't go if it's at Muddyfield and that it should be played at Fester as the demand will be catered for !!

On a more serious note how is it that they have 2 home friendlies against Premiership sides (however unglamorous) whilst we are our usual shambles with nothing of note in place.

Hearts stated ages ago that we would not be playing any big name friendlies next season, I believe the reason given was that we are going to concentrate on preparing the squad etc etc.

Hearts stated ages ago that we would not be playing any big name friendlies next season, I believe the reason given was that we are going to concentrate on preparing the squad etc etc.

Well that would make a change certainly.

Clerry Jambo

McGhee making his Mark(!) already;)

Apparently it's now official - 24th July at Muddyfield.

This could turn out to be the biggest PR disaster in Rod the tache's tenure at FR.

Half of them are spurting :dribble: while the other half resuse to go as it's at Muddayfield , it's in the middle of their quest to get more than 2 games in the inter weeteam cup and because we got there ahead of them last year.( as I mentioned above - sloppy seconds yet again )

Let the in-fighting begin.

:107years:

DuffJimmy1875

Quick question - can anyone remember the pricing structure for your Barca friendly last year??

Ours seems - ahem - a tad steep, with adult prices being ?25/?30/?35 and concessiong (U16/OAP) being ?15/?20/?25

Archived