Will The Wee Team Eclipse 57,857 ?

Guest GhostHunter

Commander Harris
Quick question - can anyone remember the pricing structure for your Barca friendly last year??

Ours seems - ahem - a tad steep, with adult prices being ?25/?30/?35 and concessiong (U16/OAP) being ?15/?20/?25

I'm sure I paid ?20 for mine (adult) and there was definitely some ?10 concession tickets too.

EDIT - going by JofH's post it would have been ?18.

cheap seats for a cheapskate. :D

Say What Again
Quick question - can anyone remember the pricing structure for your Barca friendly last year??

Ours seems - ahem - a tad steep, with adult prices being ?25/?30/?35 and concessiong (U16/OAP) being ?15/?20/?25

Category 1 (pink):

?30 (adults) and ?20 (concessions)

Category 2 (yellow):

?25 (adults) and ?15 (concessions)

Category 3 (blue):

?18 (adults) and ?10 (concessions)

Ambulant and carer

Section 9 of the West Stand ?15 (per person)

Wheelchair and carer

These tickets are on sale from Scottish Rugby via 0131 346 5100.

DuffJimmy1875
I'm sure I paid ?20 for mine (adult) and there was definitely some ?10 concession tickets too.

Thats what I thought - I saw those prices and immediately thought I'd seen the pricing structure for your game on here and there being a bit of a difference between the 2.

Rock and Roll Rod, Rock and ****ing Roll :mad:

maroonlegions

Nothing to do with Big Team vs Wee Team pish:hobofish: - I'd estimate (and any realistic Jambo would agree) that approx 20,000 odd people either turned up to your friendly solely to see Barcelona or were vaguely Hearts-centric people:rolleyes: who turned up because the opposition was Barcelona.:107years::P

i was at that game and i can tell you that i saw a big % of fans either in hearts tops or scarves , 20,000 either neutral or , eh, mmm, Hearts-centric people is a bit far fetched ,Hearts do have that kind of pulling support , 98 BIG CUP PARADE, proves it beyond doubt ,the number on the streets that day was huge, i think its more the fact that most hobos fail or do not want to accept that we are the BIG TEAM AND THE DADDY.;):107years::107years:

maroonlegions
First they said it was costing us ?1m.

Then it wasn't but we would get a poor crowd.

Then , when we almost filled the biggest stadium in the country , it wasn't as good a work out as them playing Bolton.

These clowns just make it up as they go along.

As usual , sloppy seconds behind the big team.

Barcelona ?

Pfft.

Old hat.

AND HERE IT IS, YET ANOTHER ONE.:107years:

DuffJimmy1875

Team Player

No way Jos? - if it's played at Muddyfield on a Thursday night, we'll be doing well to get more than half of what you got.

Nothing to do with Big Team vs Wee Team pish - I'd estimate (and any realistic Jambo would agree) that approx 20,000 odd people either turned up to your friendly solely to see Barcelona or were vaguely Hearts-centric people who turned up because the opposition was Barcelona.:rolleyes:

Would it have attracted nearly as many if the opposition had been a smaller Spanish/continental side?? - I think not.:rolleyes::P:107years:

No Nonsense

With the benefit of hindsight, I would not have went if we were to play Barca again this season. I thought it was a massive anti climax and a waste of ?30. The game was a training ex for Barca and the atmosphere was baws. The novely of seeing the big name stars wore off after about 2 mins. I would much rather play a game against a decent sized team at tynie or away from home. Not a dig at Hibs for playing them, however they'll probably have more fun at the other games they have scheduled.

Craigieboy

SC parade crowd - Diddy cup parade crowd :rolleyes:

Hearts V Barca - Diddy team V Barca :rolleyes:

And so on & so forth throughout history.

I hope they enjoy their big 'Thursday night out'.

:obscene:

The cruckie cookie

Our Barca game whilst being a good day out, was certainly not any good for the club in a footballing sence.

When are we going to get back to basics and play some middle of the road teams in the Premiership/Championship and get the team ready for the season.

Glentoran Pfff

Barca played us off the part in second gear.

Some people on here need to take a good look at the baiting of the Hobo's and concentrate on our club.

Craigieboy
Our Barca game whilst being a good day out, was certainly not any good for the club in a footballing sence.

When are we going to get back to basics and play some middle of the road teams in the Premiership/Championship and get the team ready for the season.

Glentoran Pfff

Barca played us off the part in second gear.

Some people on here need to take a good look at the baiting of the Hobo's and concentrate on our club.

Its just a laugh mate. And most on here do 'concentrate on our club' as you will have seen from the numerous threads.

The Barca game was a great day out for me. Pub, footy, bar-b-que, etc. OK, the game wasn't the greatest but it was a friendly.

A huge Hearts crowd, the sun shining, a goal against Barca & some drinking.

FFS, what more do people want?

As I`m not a member/reader of .net, I can`t comment, but speaking to fellow Hibbys, no one is particularly excited at the prospect of a half/quarter-full Muddyfield on a Thursday night. I, for one, won`t be wasting my hard-earned on it.

I think this is a huge error on Le Mouser`s part (again) and will only serve to give you lot another stat to hit us with.

ER was THE only correct decision. For someone supposed to be so financially astute, he`s c ocked-up big time here.

Nice one Rod. :sad:

maroonlegions
Its just a laugh mate. And most on here do 'concentrate on our club' as you will have seen from the numerous threads.

The Barca game was a great day out for me. Pub, footy, bar-b-que, etc. OK, the game wasn't the greatest but it was a friendly.

FFS, what more do people want?

well said , i too had a great day out, the number of Hearts fans that turned up that day just reinforced my belief that we are and have always been a sleeping giant but trying telling that to the deluded hobos.:rolleyes::107years:

well said , i too had a great day out, the number of Hearts fans that turned up that day just reinforced my belief that we are and have always been a sleeping giant but trying telling that to the deluded hobos.:rolleyes::107years:

I didn't particularly enjoy it. There may have been a big crowd but I suspect most of them would only turn out for cup finals etc. Glad we're not playing them again this summer.

Craigieboy
I didn't particularly enjoy it. There may have been a big crowd but I suspect most of them would only turn out for cup finals etc. Glad we're not playing them again this summer.

Don't get me worng mate, as a one-off it was superb but once is enough.

I'm just happy to look on and watch the hibbys make a complete & utter arse of themselves, what with the pish crowd & all the backtracking that their fans are doing right now as they spray into their little unwashed ninja turtle Y fronts.

Pathetic!

The People's Chimp

Hibs will be gutted about this. None of them wanted the match last year and they were able to laugh and laugh at how it was costing us, according to various reports from distinguished professors of hobonomics such as (i love the)boaby thomson aka degenerate, filled holes and toads, anywhere from between half a million to 2 million pounds.

chester copperpot

I think I was the only Hearts fan who really didn't enjoy the occassion. I got pretty upset at all the Hearts fans applauding the Barca goals, I just cannot do it regardless of whether it is a friendly or not.

Craigieboy
Hibs will be gutted about this. None of them wanted the match last year and they were able to laugh and laugh at how it was costing us, according to various reports from distinguished professors of hobonomics such as (i love the)boaby thomson aka degenerate, filled holes and toads, anywhere from between half a million to 2 million pounds.

Aye, remember all the threads. Talking pure jobbies again.

How much is it costing them?

Arf, Arf!

I urge you all please don't go

It would be so funny if the don't even half fill Murrayfield

they will lose money also as Barca charge ?1 million

Nucky Thompson

I enjoyed it last year as a one off. My mate stays at riversdale in Murrayfield and a few of us had a BBQ and a short stroll to the stadium. A Saturday and cracking weather made for a good day despite the result:p A Thursday night must be cheaper to rent the stadium, police costs etc..but I think the Hobos will be lucky to get 20K:rolleyes:

Craigieboy
I urge you all please don't go

It would be so funny if the don't even half fill Murrayfield

they will lose money also as Barca charge ?1 million

Does that not then put them out of business?

Let me get my financial wiz hat on..........

Oops, sorry, thought I was on .net for a moment.

DuffJimmy1875

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about the odd curious Jambo inflating our crowd figures for this one.

What would a half-full Muddyfield be?? 32,500 or so??

In the circumstances (ludicrous ticket prices, a Thursday night, the demand from neutrals considerably sated from your game last year) we'll be doing well to get that anyway.

Don't kid yourself.

They were apoplectic with rage when Vlad steamed in and nicked the match from under their noses.

The backtracking only began when they realised they had been gazzumped.

Then came the pathetic attempt to rubbish the match.

Then came the 57k crowd and the sound of jaws hitting the floor.

Now it's their turn and they just know they are going to be made to look like amateurs at their attempt to stage this match.

Already their price structure is laughable.

Crowd = 15-20k max.

I wouldn't go if I was given a free ticket

Barca don't impress me at the best of times

I saw them last year like most of us - not bothored about seeign them again

I would love it if Hobos struggle to seel tickets

Anyway the scaffs wouldn't be able to manage the ?25 per reptile head

Jam Tarts 1874

Barcelona at Murrayfield again? Nah, been there, done that and it wasn't very good.

Barcelona at Murrayfield again? Nah, been there, done that and it wasn't very good.

I was so pished I can barely remember game

Mikey Stewart scored - quality!

mods please merge this with the other one (I think by Dexter)

sorry never noticed it

John Findlay
I was so pished I can barely remember game

Mikey Stewart scored - quality!

That pished that the scorer against Barca was Juho Makela.

John

The People's Chimp
Don't kid yourself.

They were apoplectic with rage when Vlad steamed in and nicked the match from under their noses.

The backtracking only began when they realised they had been gazzumped.

Then came the pathetic attempt to rubbish the match.

Then came the 57k crowd and the sound of jaws hitting the floor.

Now it's their turn and they just know they are going to be made to look like amateurs at their attempt to stage this match.

Already their price structure is laughable.

Crowd = 15-20k max.

Sorry, should have been a bit more obvious with the sarcasm. Of course they were gutted that they didn't get the match, then before you know it, they've gone from creaming about barca to spewing rubbish about our debt/loss leading venture ad nauseum.

there goesn the neighbourhood I think I'll complain about the amount of vermin that will be in my area, and hibs can GTF too

I must admit to being disappointed. I couldn't go last year as my selfish sister decided to get married on the day of the game and would have loved to have had the chance to go this year.

Turning this down is a bad idea IMO, yes our pre season was guff last year, but that was due to the rubbish players and rubbish coaching, not playing Barcelona.

As for Hibs, I await the posts from the many that had a go at Hearts for the same game last season, and wonder if they will get over 20,000. Remember, the biggest derby ever was vastly underpopulated by their, ahem, masses.

The cruckie cookie

FFS, what more do people want?.

A win would be good, ohh and a Manager;)

hearts @ heart
If the Hobos do play Barca it will be at ER.

No way will they set themselves up for an embarressing quarter full Murrayfield!

SRU have advertise the sales of tickets already.

Even if it had been a Saturday the hobos would get no where near our attendance.

Some grudedly admitted it today at my work. Then much to there dismay found out it was a Thursday night and they already have another two friendlies lined up and they will be forking out almost ?100 for the 3 matches.

including pub and grub!

The Ernst & Young Hibs Supporters Club will be devastated after telling us how much we lost on this last year. Although I was on one of those Hobonomics courses (standard grade - foundation level only) and I can exclusively reveal that Hearts + 60,000 crowd = ?1 million loss, while Hibs + couple of thousand Hobos + some confused tourists....divide by 22...carry the remainder...multiply by 107 = ?2 million profit for Hibs.

So actually, it's a great bit of business for them. ;)

grumpyjambo
The Ernst & Young Hibs Supporters Club will be devastated after telling us how much we lost on this last year. Although I was on one of those Hobonomics courses (standard grade - foundation level only) and I can exclusively reveal that Hearts + 60,000 crowd = ?1 million loss, while Hibs + couple of thousand Hobos + some confused tourists....divide by 22...carry the remainder...multiply by 107 = ?2 million profit for Hibs.

:rofl::rofl:

Post of the thread !!

Almost sprayed the laptop.

:107years:

portobellojambo1
The report said it was 1-1 at Tannadice but I'm sure it was 0-1 to Barca, with an Henry goal.

Buffalo Bill

The wording of the report was pretty poor BB, I think it stated, or I read it, that Dundee United drew 1-1 with Barcelona then beat Hearts 3-1, rather than Barcelona beat Dundee United 1-0 then Hearts 3-1.

Francis Albert

Never understood why so many Hearts fans (or rather JKB posters) downplay the Barcelona game. Nearly 58,000 to see a friendly for a non-OF game was absolutely sensational, indeed stunning, yet barely commented on by the Scottish media, including Scotsman Publications. Despite the presence of a fair number (certainly no more than 20,000) with no Hearts affiliation it was a tremendous demonstration of Hearts potential. And until the second half multiple substitutions it was as good a performance and match as anyone could expect of a pre-season friendly.

One thing is for sure, if Hibs had got the game and drawn anything 58,000 we would still be hearing about it 50 years on.

Clerry Jambo
Never understood why so many Hearts fans (or rather JKB posters) downplay the Barcelona game. Nearly 58,000 to see a friendly for a non-OF game was absolutely sensational, indeed stunning, yet barely commented on by the Scottish media, including Scotsman Publications. Despite the presence of a fair number (certainly no more than 20,000) with no Hearts affiliation it was a tremendous demonstration of Hearts potential. And until the second half multiple substitutions it was as good a performance and match as anyone could expect of a pre-season friendly.

One thing is for sure, if Hibs had got the game and drawn anything 58,000 we would still be hearing about it 50 years on.

Made exactly the same point FA earlier in the thread - spot on;)

grumpyjambo

:thumb:

Archived