U20s (Devl League) v Rangers

Footballfirst

We_are_the_Hearts

It's early days for him but Jack Ross sounds like he needs to learn how to get this lot more motivated. Fair enough being beat by a better team, but work-rate, desire and tempo have been mentioned a few games now.

It's early days for him but Jack Ross sounds like he needs to learn how to get this lot more motivated. Fair enough being beat by a better team, but work-rate, desire and tempo have been mentioned a few games now.

Sure but remember it is also a development team - 1 which is also being used to recondition players who have been injured or who aren't match fit. So by definition some players may not be able to play at full pelt.

ie Carrick and Paterson

Voice of reason

Weren't they bottom of the league going in to tonight's game?

True - but they missed out on winning the U20 league by one point to Celtic last season and, sadly, won the Youth Cup. I assume it's largely the same players so would imagine they'll fly up the Development league soon enough. Sounds like they played well enough last night to suggest they've got past the early season blip.

Sure but remember it is also a development team - 1 which is also being used to recondition players who have been injured or who aren't match fit. So by definition some players may not be able to play at full pelt.

ie Carrick and Paterson

Carrick played pretty much at full pelt for about 85 minutes; Callum was a little more cautious in the hour he got. Your point stands though - the way we are using this team means there is no continuity of personnel or positions so it must be hard for them to gel. Against both Motherwell and Rangers our shape looked rigid and our build-up laboured; our opponents were much more fluid and fluent.

Surprised that Pallardo didn't get a run out. He stood in the drizzle next to Robbie, looking pretty miserable it must be said. Craig Levein took in the match with JC himself. I spent most of the match boring my 14-year-old with memories of the glorious 80s.

FF who was the Taylor that came on as a sub?! New name to me?!

Andrew Taylor - one of the U17 centre backs. He was asked to play a holding midfield role last night though.

Archived