U20s (Devl League) v Rangers

Footballfirst

According to the SPFL website the Hearts V Rangers game in the Development League has been rescheduled to tonight at Nitten (7pm k.o.)

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/

I don't know what sort of line-up we will put out, given the injury situation, but it might be an opportunity to give Pallardo a run out.

Jambof3tornado

Dont play any first team players!!! Rangers will kick us off the park knowing it affects our league campaign.

They will get away with it too.

Hopefully games for Buaben, Paterson, Pallardo, El Hass and Walker.

Is there not a limit of overage players allowed ? I was thinking 3 but not 100% sure

willie wallace

Is Riccarton out of the picture altogether now and is there no where else on the west side of the city we can play.Newtongrange is further than most of our away games this season :uhoh2:

Is Riccarton out of the picture altogether now and is there no where else on the west side of the city we can play.Newtongrange is further than most of our away games this season :uhoh2:

:laugh: From Tynecastle it's only 10.9 miles according to google maps.

Livingston and Dunfermline are further away than that.

CraigBeatties ChestHair

Nitten is a lot better pitch than the grass at riccarton. The grass pitch and astro at riccarton are predominantly used by youth teams not the development squad or first team

Great venue and it helps teams like Nitten Star of well needed funds might be worth a visit tonight but worried as other poster pointed out we'll be kicked of the park and the GFA yes boys won't do a thing about as Siterday proved yet again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rudi must stay

Hopefully El Hassnaoui and Eckersley play the full 90 minutes to get some much needed match fitness.

if McHattie's out for a few weeks then there's no need to play Eckersley. Pallardo and Bauben could be a good combination though, not sure who Rangers have got in their team, but we'll possibly have too much for them

disgruntledfan

Nitten is a lot better pitch than the grass at riccarton. The grass pitch and astro at riccarton are predominantly used by youth teams not the development squad or first team

Plus you can get a nice cup of coffee and a pie :2thumbsup:

if McHattie's out for a few weeks then there's no need to play Eckersley. Pallardo and Bauben could be a good combination though, not sure who Rangers have got in their team, but we'll possibly have too much for them

McHattie's injury would be the reason that I would give Eckersley the full game tonight. Get him a game closer to fitness before Saturday.

The enclosed grass pitch and the pitch used by the first team at Riccarton were both dug up and reseeded during the summer and are looking in great shape at the moment.

New Victoria Park is decent by Junior standards, but is still a bit uneven.

Jambof3tornado

McHattie's injury would be the reason that I would give Eckersley the full game tonight. Get him a game closer to fitness before Saturday.

Eck doesnt need it. Only senior left back unless we start fannying about moving our captain so lets not put him at tisk in a developmental match.

This is a bit shit.

We have had 4-5 pages worth on an U20s match before yet we play rangers and even the twitter feed can't be arsed.

Major let down, I and I am sure others are the same take quite a big interest in the U20s.

What's the team tonight?

Hamilton

Paterson McKay Page Beith

Flanagan McKirdy Scott Carrick

El Hass. Buchanan

Subs Brown Taylor I Smith Roy

Sounds like Rangers have had most of the game going by bet365, 14 shots to our 4.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like the Rangers have better stats at this point

HEA THE

POSSESSION

46% 54%

CORNERS

1 6

SHOTS ON TARGET

2 4

SHOTS OFF TARGET

1 7

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why? It's a youth team with el hass and Paterson (Carrick too but he is playing out of position).

Because we lost? I'm always disappointed when we lose without necessarily being annoyed about it

Voice of reason

It seems like Rangers have a very strong U20 team - I bet they would give their first team a good game. Unfortunately for their kids, and with McCoist as manager, they will get virtually no first team game time. What is the point of Murray Park if you continuously ignore the young talent and sign guys between 25 and 35 for the first team?

Hopefully up and coming kids are noticing this and will look to sign for clubs like Hearts in the future. Murray Park is a grave yard where young talent goes to die. What a waste.

Why? It's a youth team with el hass and Paterson (Carrick too but he is playing out of position).

Because we lost? I'm always disappointed when we lose without necessarily being annoyed about it

As Sir Gio says, It's how I feel when we get beat at any level. I was also hoping we had a bit depth that could beat The Rangers.

Second best all over the park. Decent run-out for Callum, Souf, and Dale is about the best you can say for it.

It seems like Rangers have a very strong U20 team - I bet they would give their first team a good game. Unfortunately for their kids, and with McCoist as manager, they will get virtually no first team game time. What is the point of Murray Park if you continuously ignore the young talent and sign guys between 25 and 35 for the first team?

Hopefully up and coming kids are noticing this and will look to sign for clubs like Hearts in the future. Murray Park is a grave yard where young talent goes to die. What a waste.

Weren't they bottom of the league going in to tonight's game?

Archived