Therapist, Pickybum, Jambosean, Boris, (I want Chelsea to win).

chester copperpot

Spot on bil, some people's obsession with english clubs is bordering on the psychotic. Get a grip people.

I agree with that, I fail to understand these people that follow certain football clubs because of their unofficial links to other clubs or religious preferences.

This Rangers, Chelsea, Linfield thing is absolutely pathetic and just proves how bad some people's ubringing has been. I don't know whether to feel disgust or pity to be honest.

Of course the people who do sway to the above allegiances will say that's a lot of rubbish, but I think most people see the trend.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Too right, who gives a flying one about 2 super-rich clubs from hundreds of miles away? Support your local club - by all means if you move to Manchester or London adopt one of their teams (preferably Man. City or West Ham IMO - more real) but anything else is gloryhunting, like so-called OF supporters born and brought up in Edinburgh who've never even set eyes on Greyskull or Darkheid.

Glory Hunter!! ;)

Did West Ham not play a cup final recently? My attention was elsewhere at the time.

Or, in order to keep a level of consistency with your support for Hearts, with the associated expectations, you could always adopt one of the other teams: QPR, Brentford, Orient, Watford, Palace, Reading. Now that's real!

chester copperpot

Got ?10 on Lampard, ?10 on Rooney.

Either of them to score first and I'm supporting that team. ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I agree with that, I fail to understand these people that follow certain football clubs because of their unofficial links to other clubs or religious preferences.

This Rangers, Chelsea, Linfield thing is absolutely pathetic and just proves how bad some people's ubringing has been. I don't know whether to feel disgust or pity to be honest.

Of course the people who do sway to the above allegiances will say that's a lot of rubbish, but I think most people see the trend.

Great, wondered how how long it would take for someone to claim sectarian conspiracy!

Longer than i thought.

Great, wondered how how long it would take for someone to claim sectarian conspiracy!

Longer than i thought.

Aslong as it exists, people will talk about it, hardly puzzling is it? :confused:

It's also very strange how certain posters and with strange avatars reply to certain topics aswell :wacko:

Ha Ha!! Now THAT I can relate to

Guest S.U.S.S.
Aslong as it exists, people will talk about it, hardly puzzling is it? :confused:

It's also very strange how certain posters and with strange avatars reply to certain topics aswell :wacko:

Some people talk about it regardless of if its anything to do with a thread. Its boring, not everything is a sectarian conspiracy yet some feel the need to wrench it into everything. They seem to be the ones with the problem.

Are you now saying some posters should not be allowed on some threads?

Leave the moderation to the moderators.

My avatar? Hardly strange, its a little fun, look it up, its an internet forum, not the crown court.

Now back off to your internet crusade to rid the world of conspiracies that dont exist.

Yes, I follow United purely because I hate Mormons.

You've found me out :sad:

Some people talk about it regardless of if its anything to do with a thread. Its boring, not everything is a sectarian conspiracy yet some feel the need to wrench it into everything. They seem to be the ones with the problem.

Are you now saying some posters should not be allowed on some threads?

Leave the moderation to the moderators.

My avatar? Hardly strange, its a little fun, look it up, its an internet forum, not the crown court.

Now back off to your internet crusade to rid the world of conspiracies that dont exist.

Yes, I follow United purely because I hate Mormons.

You've found me out :sad:

I wasn't having a go at any poster in particular or suggesting that certain posters shouldn't be permitted to post on certain forums but some people seem to take things a little too personally...

Some people would pick a fight in an empty room, if it makes your day more enjoyable then bash on

I personally follow Chelsea, with their Jewish manager and abundance of black players and Catholics, because I'm a big nasty bigot. Sharp as a tack, Jambo83, sharp as a tack.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I personally follow Chelsea, with their Jewish manager and abundance of black players and Catholics, because I'm a big nasty bigot. Sharp as a tack, Jambo83, sharp as a tack.

Jesus, i take it all back, cant support them now

Come on Man U!

Goldstone Wonder

I want Chelsea to win

1. Because they were the first team I ever supported, due to living across the road from Peter Osgood.

2. I still have a soft spot for them.

3. The English media tend to treat them similarly to the Scottish media treat us up here. Compare and contrast their treatment of Torres, Ronaldo and Drogba - all excellent players, all inveterate divers but only one of them is a dirty, stinking cheat. I hesitate to draw a comparison between Didier Drogba and Saulius Mikoliunas, but....

4. I hate Man Utd.

The Old Tolbooth

Would have been better on Ronaldo as Shreks been pish of late.

Goldstone Wonder
Man Utd v Liverpool or Arsenal might have been that, all of those clubs have a history to be proud of and have built their fanbase over many decades of success.

Chelsea are more like Gretna, no history and being bankrolled far beyond any semblance of their means.

What a load of complete Ballacks. For a team with no history they did very well to win a league championship, several FA cups and a European Trophy long before Abramovich came on the scene, but don't let the facts get in the way of the story.

The "Chelsea have no history" thing is ironic as **** coming from Hearts fans. We haven't won much in our 134 years of existence and would need substantial investment to win anything now, does that mean that we don't have a history?

Hmm?

Thought not.

What a load of complete Ballacks. For a team with no history they did very well to win a league championship, several FA cups and a European Trophy long before Abramovich came on the scene, but don't let the facts get in the way of the story.

Chelsea before 2003:

1 League Championship;

3 FA Cups;

2 Charity Shields;

2 Cup Winners Cups;

1 European Super Cup.

I won't even go into United's history.

Chelsea before 2003:

1 League Championship;

3 FA Cups;

2 Charity Shields;

2 Cup Winners Cups;

1 European Super Cup.

Now for the clincher, Hearts vs the Old Firm.

Sarcasm from Makween.....?

Even though your post was a lot of keek and aimed at me for some reason, here's a question for you: Why do Rangers fans sing about being up to their knee's in certain people's blood when those same people having been winning them trophies for the last couple of decades? If your logic was true then surely they would be singing nice songs about catholics?? :confused:

I don't think the problem lies with their current crop of players or management team, it's a little deeper than that.

So to borrow your phrase, sharp as a tack wee man, sharp as a tack!

I want Chelsea to win

1. Because they were the first team I ever supported, due to living across the road from Peter Osgood.

2. I still have a soft spot for them.

3. The English media tend to treat them similarly to the Scottish media treat us up here. Compare and contrast their treatment of Torres, Ronaldo and Drogba - all excellent players, all inveterate divers but only one of them is a dirty, stinking cheat. I hesitate to draw a comparison between Didier Drogba and Saulius Mikoliunas, but....

4. I hate Man Utd.

That's a fair point mate, I reckon i've probably shouted names at Drogba on the telly more often than Ronaldo for "simulation" and they're probably as bad as each other, when it comes to conning refs, or trying to.

Sarcasm from Makween.....?

Even though your post was a lot of keek and aimed at me for some reason, here's a question for you: Why do Rangers fans sing about being up to their knee's in certain people's blood when those same people having been winning them trophies for the last couple of decades? If your logic was true then surely they would be singing nice songs about catholics?? :confused:

I don't think the problem lies with their current crop of players or management team, it's a little deeper than that.

So to borrow your phrase, sharp as a tack wee man, sharp as a tack!

You said "the people who do sway to the above allegiances will say that's a lot of rubbish, but I think most people see the trend."

That's why I aimed it at you, and that's why the above comment doesn't hold true. Your statement clearly implied that anyone who follows certain teams is doing so for sectarian reasons - clearly not the case.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Dear Chelsea fans, how dare you play up to the bigot tag while following this team. My god, how can you really be bigots following a team made from the above.

Shame on you.

Oh wait, most of you dont play up to it, but are labeled such.

Perhaps those so fond of labels should label themself rather silly.

:-)

Come on Chel****, bet ManUre for the good of our sanity.

You said "the people who do sway to the above allegiances will say that's a lot of rubbish, but I think most people see the trend."

That's why I aimed it at you, and that's why the above comment doesn't hold true. Your statement clearly implied that anyone who follows certain teams is doing so for sectarian reasons - clearly not the case.

So your telling me that people who wanted Rangers, Chelsea & Linfield to do the "treble" wanted it for footballing reasons?

And there are plenty people in this country who wanted that to happen before you ask, maybe even some who frequent this forum, who knows.

So take my first comment that you say doesn't hold true, give me a genuine reason why someone would like all 3 clubs? (Unless they were born in Govan, mother comes from Linfield and the father supports Chelsea :P)

Just to clarify, I am not calling any particular poster on here a "hun" or any other name to be associated with a like for any of the 3 clubs, I think yourself and the bloke with the Maggie Thatcher avatar have taken my post personally when it wasn't intended that way.

Perhaps those so fond of labels should label themself rather silly.

:-)

I've not labelled anyone or any team, but i'm happy to label myself silly if you like :)

Jambo83: Rather Silly

I hope that doesn't breach the rules about calling other posters names, since i've called myself a name.....:dribble:

Guest S.U.S.S.
So your telling me that people who wanted Rangers, Chelsea & Linfield to do the "treble" wanted it for footballing reasons?

And there are plenty people in this country who wanted that to happen before you ask, maybe even some who frequent this forum, who knows.

So take my first comment that you say doesn't hold true, give me a genuine reason why someone would like all 3 clubs? (Unless they were born in Govan, mother comes from Linfield and the father supports Chelsea :P)

Just to clarify, I am not calling any particular poster on here a "hun" or any other name to be associated with a like for any of the 3 clubs, I think yourself and the bloke with the Maggie Thatcher avatar have taken my post personally when it wasn't intended that way.

Sorry if i dived in, just bored of all the ur a hun stuff so sorry if i read more than you intended.

I wanted Chelsum to win the league once Arsenal dropped out of the race as i just dislike Man U. I have the sad fate of also wanting them to win tonight for the same reason. As for Linfield, couldnt care either way.

And its Che Maggie :-)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I've not labelled anyone or any team, but i'm happy to label myself silly if you like :)

Jambo83: Rather Silly

I hope that doesn't breach the rules about calling other posters names, since i've called myself a name.....:dribble:

Wasnt aimed just at you bud, so ill join in

SUSS is silly

very liberating. :-)

Goldstone Wonder
Chelsea before 2003:

1 League Championship;

3 FA Cups;

2 Charity Shields;

2 Cup Winners Cups;

1 European Super Cup.

Not dissimilar to Hearts then, another club with no history.

Not dissimilar to Hearts then, another club with no history.

Just going by your standards.

Goldstone Wonder
Just going by your standards.

Don't understand your point. My point is that to compare them to Gretna is nonsensical, which to be fair is not something you did.

They actually have a lot more in common with Hearts. viz. Megalomaniac Russian oligarch owner who sacked the most popular manager in living history for no great reason, interference in team matters/signing of players, similar history in terms of the number of trophies won (until recently) and (unfortunately) a small, rather unpleasant fanatical right-wing element.

Era Macaroons
Sure it was your " enemy " ? ;)

I was surprised the rest of us weren't caught up in a diplomatic incident involving Britain's first schoolboy defector.

But you're right, Red Square is incredible. Do you think the mausoleum will be open to football fans?

Carry fags and lots of small notes to smooth your movement with the wired looking teenage conscripts with the big guns.

Safe journey to all the Hearts going out there:)

lol...schoolboy returns from Russia in cold war coma.....still not awake.;)

I actually misunderstood your original post. Thought you were just talking about Hearts fans who also follow Chelsea.

Either way, I think that making sweeping statements about what must comprise a not inconsiderable proportion of football fans is maybe a bit ill advised.

Archived