u20s at Newtongrange

CornhillHearts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

What age is Scott? Not been to a u20 game for a while and don't recognise half the team

He is 17.

Must be remembered that this is only the second competitive under 20 game of the season, the previous one was three weeks ago (though there has been the game v livi, and only 1 of that team started against livi, with 2 who came on as subs.) So they are out of match practice.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

What about guys like Gordon, Beith, Henderson etc? Considering Gordon and Beith especially are next in line for the first team in their respective positions we should be looking to give them game time no? Unless there is a reason they're not included of course.

What about guys like Gordon, Beith, Henderson etc? Considering Gordon and Beith especially are next in line for the first team in their respective positions we should be looking to give them game time no? Unless there is a reason they're not included of course.

Aren't Gordon and Beith on Scotland duty?

Dunno about the other two but Beith is away with Scotland.

Seymour M Hersh

Beith played for Scotland U19's last night against the Czech Republic at Capilaw. A second game agains the same oppo this weekend I think.

jamboinglasgow

Dunno about the other two but Beith is away with Scotland.

As far as I am aware, only Beith is away from that three. But agree surprised those two aren't playing unless they are injured.

As far as I am aware, only Beith is away from that three. But agree surprised those two aren't playing unless they are injured.

Henderson, I'm not so sure, but Ozturk went off injured and Gordon would be on the bench if he didn't make it, IMO.

Having said that, I'll wager it's injuries/tweaks.

jamboinglasgow

I saw someone say we were trying to arrange a bounce match during the international break to give El Hassnaoui more game time, does anyone know if this happened? If it did then he could have 3 games played before the Dumbarton game.

This match is for some players to get match fit, we're not in in to win it guys, there's two children in the bank 4

What they in the bank for?

Didn't realise banks in Motherwell stayed open that late.

For guys like Ekersley and El Hass it is all about keeping match fit but avoiding injury. I wouldn't expect either to play full on balls out in a game like this after only just finishing their respective rehabs.

What age is Scott? Not been to a u20 game for a while and don't recognise half the team

Our head coach was furious with our general display ..... dont think he recognised many either. Our keeper had a howler, but then so did most of them. Motherwell had a mostly U20 team out and they were very solid.

Footballfirst

Poor performance. Three goals conceded from corners and two from low crosses from the right.

Our big names were distinctly meh! and our youngest guys looked a bit lightweight.

Walker sparked the game into life for Hearts in the last 15 minutes but that was about it. His goal was a peach from a free kick. He had some harsh treatment early on which resulted in his booking for dissent, while nothing was said to the Motherwell players. The first foul on him in the second half resulted in a booking but there were at least another a couple of worse challenges on him earlier.

Soufian flitted in and out the game but showed a few nice bits of skill (a bit similar to Sow). Eckersley doesn't look fully fit or sharp (hasn't had a pre-season).

I was a bit surprised by the selection.

Liam Smith and Gary Oliver were there but not apparently available for selection.

Angus Beith played for the Scotland U19s last night.

Sean McKirdy came on as sub but he was at a Scotland U17 training camp earlier today.

Liam Gordon injured an ankle in a bounce game last week and will be out for a week or two.

Liam Henderson has a mystery injury, maybe groin, but I've seen these sort of injuries later diagnosed as hernias.

Of the senior guys, Soufian looked a good few weeks away from first-team effectiveness to be honest. Looked overweight to me, which was disappointing. Eckersley was busy enough but done for pace more than once. Robinson and Walker pretty much what you would expect. Mackay had an absolute 'mare.

Liked the look of Roy and the young central midfielder. Most of the rest looked out of their depth. It was boys against even younger boys.

Poor performance. Three goals conceded from corners and two from low crosses from the right.

Our big names were distinctly meh! and our youngest guys looked a bit lightweight.

Walker sparked the game into life for Hearts in the last 15 minutes but that was about it. His goal was a peach from a free kick. He had some harsh treatment early on which resulted in his booking for dissent, while nothing was said to the Motherwell players. The first foul on him in the second half resulted in a booking but there were at least another a couple of worse challenges on him earlier.

Soufian flitted in and out the game but showed a few nice bits of skill (a bit similar to Sow). Eckersley doesn't look fully fit or sharp (hasn't had a pre-season).

I was a bit surprised by the selection.

Liam Smith and Gary Oliver were there but not apparently available for selection.

Angus Beith played for the Scotland U19s last night.

Sean McKirdy came on as sub but he was at a Scotland U17 training camp earlier today.

Liam Gordon injured an ankle in a bounce game last week and will be out for a week or two.

Liam Henderson has a mystery injury, maybe groin, but I've seen these sort of injuries later diagnosed as hernias.

footballfirst did luke the u16s/1st year 17s keeper get any game time?

CornhillHearts

Was impressed by Roy up front- can see why he's been given time round about the first team. Nothing came off for Walker until the last 5-10 minutes of the game. He wasn't helped by McKay shelling diagonal ball towards him in the second half. Thought Robinson had a decent second half and as above Soufain appeared not to want to get injured, which is understandable and it seemed that any time he got on the ball he had 3-4 Motherwell players round about him. Not the best

Kalamazoo Jambo

So not only is Soufian a wage thief, he's also overweight?

Christian Nade MK II, get him to ****.

:seething:

To be fair, he was asked to put on weight by management - there were no mediums in stock.

To be fair, he was asked to put on weight by management - there were no mediums in stock.

That's because of that ***** Nielsen, he's no a guid honest small like Wee Lockey. That's it, had enough. Cancelled my DD and won't be returning until Soufian has his medium rightfully reinstated.

Footballfirst

footballfirst did luke the u16s/1st year 17s keeper get any game time?

I'm afraid not. He's had his quota already having come on against Dunfermline in the first league game.

The U20s/Devl side tend not to make goalkeeping changes as you are limited to 3 subs as in the senior game.

I worry about McKay, thought he looked pretty good last season but this season he is way off and having shockers it seems.

Also interesting to see Aaron Scott captain, despite McKay/Robinson etc all being involved

I worry about McKay, thought he looked pretty good last season but this season he is way off and having shockers it seems.

Also interesting to see Aaron Scott captain, despite McKay/Robinson etc all being involved

I'm guessing the age of the two guys either side of him didn't help much, but i thought McKay was terrible last night. Very rarely tried to play it out from the back just smashed it diagonal and his marking at corners was like that Forsters against Paterson's in the last derby at Easter Road. His positioning, awareness and passing needs to improve before i'd be happy with him going into the first team for any length of time.

Archived