St Mirren v Rangers

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth
Can't agree with you on that one John. The season lasts for 38 games. Clubs are under an obligation to play their strongest side in all of them irrespective of whether the game is at the start or end of the season. Having said that, I admit that managers should have the flexibility to blood youngsters and new players, but not to a stupid extent.

I would agree if there was a rule in place stating that all teams must be seen to field their strongest 11 in all league matches etc, however, with other teams bleeding youngsters in the past in final games of the season and nothing being said, then they surely couldn't condemn United for doing so.

chester copperpot
:)

That's a boy.

Did you get my response to your post on Sat night about meeting for a beer next season?

I missed it on Sat night but responded on Sun morn.

Don't want you to think i'm an ignorant swine before you even get the chance to share a beer with me.

:laugh:

I didn't mate, but drop me a PM and we'll sort summat out.

FTOF, but tonight, FTC. And St Mirren.

PS I like arrogant swines.

The Old Tolbooth
I didn't mate, but drop me a PM and we'll sort summat out.

FTOF, but tonight, FTC. And St Mirren.

PS I like arrogant swines.

My invite better be in the post too, I hate missing a sesh! :P

Commander Harris

is that a typo! :P

:D

they surely couldn't condemn United for doing so.

I'm pretty sure there have been accusations flying about this before, so a precedent has been set. Can't be ersed doing a search though. :rolleyes:

Dirk Diggler

You'll have to renew first.

:P

chester copperpot

I guess you can come.

alwaysthereinspirit

If both Rankgers and Celtic finish on the same points and goal difference who has home field advantage for the Glasgow riots. GIRFUY Gordon Smith and the SPL if we need a play off to decide the league. It'll be good for Scotland though.

chester copperpot
You'll have to renew first.

:P

Too right, I aint drinking with no part timers. ;)

alwaysthereinspirit
I would agree if there was a rule in place stating that all teams must be seen to field their strongest 11 in all league matches etc, however, with other teams bleeding youngsters in the past in final games of the season and nothing being said, then they surely couldn't condemn United for doing so.

Right off the bat you drop any player on penalty points who could miss the start of next season by getting red or yellow. Then you have a couple of players come down with OF type injuries. The ones that keep you out of Wednesday internationals but clear up for the league games 3 days later. Before you know it your down to 7 fit first teamers and a bunch of kids. Come on Levein you know it makes semse.

The Old Tolbooth
Too right, I aint drinking with no part timers. ;)

Heh heh, get it up the pair of ye!!!

It's cos o folk like me that his hands been forced into getting McGhee on board ;)

The Old Tolbooth
I'm pretty sure there have been accusations flying about this before, so a precedent has been set. Can't be ersed doing a search though. :rolleyes:

Is that Rangers FC rules, which are different from everyone else's ;)

ToadKiller Dog
4 hours time added on...?

The uglies would have been glad of the final whistle they looked ready for the knackers yard.

3-0 Not good enough i expect .

BBC Website "An ugly melee erupted when Kevin Thomson appeared to kick the ball against the prostrate St Mirren skipper Hugh Murray and those two, Billy Mehmet and Steven Whittaker were all shown yellow cards."

Dirty B@st@rd.

heart & soul

0-3 it's all over.

Looks like Rankers have ferked it up even though the Midden looked pretty horizontal during most of the game.

Thought it was disgraceful the way Weir and chums all attacked O'donell towards the end there after he went in for that header. Man handling, arms up, jostling the ref etc. yet only one Weir and O'donnell get a yellow card. If Miko did anything like that in a game he'd be in Jail.

FTSFA

FTOF

FTH

jambojim52

A sudden 24 hour flu bug in the Utd camp on Wed night should just about cover it.:)

Thunderstruck

Shocker! Tangoman gets something right - the pitch was a mess. Don't these people own a roller? They would have got a better surface at St James pitches along the road.

It is long past time for SPL to get some sanctions in place for clubs that can't or won't keep their pitches in good order.

Cyprus Jambo
0-3 it's all over.

Looks like Rankers have ferked it up even though the Midden looked pretty horizontal during most of the game.

Thought it was disgraceful the way Weir and chums all attacked O'donell towards the end there after he went in for that header. Man handling, arms up, jostling the ref etc. yet only one Weir and O'donnell get a yellow card. If Miko did anything like that in a game he'd be in Jail.

FTSFA

FTOF

FTH

yet when broadfoot went in, Hamilton gets booked and broadfoot walks away with nothing. Double standards yet again when the old firm are involved. :mad:

Let's all laugh at Rangers, let's all laugh at Rangers hahahaha,hahahaha

Shocker! Tangoman gets something right - the pitch was a mess. Don't these people own a roller? They would have got a better surface at St James pitches along the road.

It is long past time for SPL to get some sanctions in place for clubs that can't or won't keep their pitches in good order.

I think Motherwell / Gretna 'lost' 6 or 7 games betwen them due to Fir Park being waterlogged. Not a dickey from the SPL about that though ? do you think we would have received such leniency ?

Anyway, getting back to Thursday night. It's certainly going to be tense with both games being very intriguing. Levein's stance will be very interesting that's for sure. Are the games on Setanta / Sky2 by the way ?

How the feck Kirk Clubfoot ever made the right back spot his own since Hutton left I'll never know.

I've got a couple of observations having watched that trash tonight.

1. Rangers simply cannot chase a game, or chase goals, with any conviction at all. That was kick and chase football at its most mediocre. Save for Fergusons first forward pass of the season

2. I cannot believe a team of that standard are neck in neck to win the SPL

3. With the money Hearts have spent and pished up the wall since Burley left we could EASILY have a team playing better and more effectively than that Rangers squad of journeymen

I dont really give a feck about 1 and 2 - if genuine Rangers fans are happy with the fayre they are being offered I'd be surprised. There remains a good chance Rangers will end up with just the CIS cup this season IMO

But point 3 sticks in my craw. When you see the mediocrity at the top of the SPL 3 years since Vlad came in, it hits you square in the napper how much he has screwed up and wasted an opportunity

shaun.lawson
That's correct John, yet most posters on here want Rangers FC to lose the title to Celtic :confused:

Hearts have some strange supporters :wacko:

That very same season, Hearts asked Rangers to postpone our league game at Ibrox to help us recover from the Stuttgart game, having acceded to their similar request a year earlier. Rangers refused.

The previous season, Rangers fans celebrated a sickening injury to Gary Wales in a meaningless (for them, anyway) end of season game: a leg break after which Wales was never quite the same player again.

Also the previous season, Rangers benefited from a string of ludicrous refereeing decisions against Hearts both in the Scottish Cup (Dallas bottling sending Amoruso off), and at Tynecastle (Tugay handball). And that's even before I mention Andy Davis!

Yet many posters on here still want Rangers to win the title. Hearts have some strange supporters. :wacko:

GIRUY Rangers and the usual suspects.

Won't give me any joy to see Celtic win the title but certainly will please me that you lot are in the huff.

;)

We_are_the_Hearts

My decision is based on the players. The dissent and aggression that went unpunished from Rangers again last night was shocking. Ugly ***** with screwed up faces like Boyd, Novo, Weir, Thomson swaggering about the pitch and trying to intimidate the ref. Phannies the lot of them.

Celtic are far from my favourite team but at least they go out and try and entertain.

I think that No 28's goal against Rangers in the 4-2 game is going to cost them the league!:)

jambojim52
I think Motherwell / Gretna 'lost' 6 or 7 games betwen them due to Fir Park being waterlogged. Not a dickey from the SPL about that though ? do you think we would have received such leniency ?

Anyway, getting back to Thursday night. It's certainly going to be tense with both games being very intriguing. Levein's stance will be very interesting that's for sure. Are the games on Setanta / Sky2 by the way ?

Both games are on ****anta 1 & 2

Archived